Hopes/Worries for DOA5 Leon?

KidArk

Leon better have all his costumes, TN can't argue when the females have more costumes than half the male cast combined, if anything all previous costumes should return + new ones for all characters(Primairly male), TN stop skimping out on the male characters I wanna wear something cool , not one outfit , a "bathing suit". and some Santa outfit.
DOA1_Bayman_C1.png

Bayman's been rocking this look since 96 , they didn't even bring back the black variant from DOA2 I think..?

Aven Kujo-Gin

Now that Leon is confirmed to be so much fucking good, my worry is the nerf his probably is going to get in the future patches -_-

PJudge

Now that Leon is confirmed to be so much fucking good, my worry is the nerf his probably is going to get in the future patches -_-
I was thinking something similar when I saw the gameplay. Hopefully they'll wait a bit to let the game breathe before they update it. I don't see anything broken about him, but we haven't had in-depth play yet. I'd hope that he doesn't get patched unless there is something broken. He does as much damage as I would have liked to him to do and a bit more, but he's not a combo-centric character so the damage kinda equalizes it.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The only thing to worry about right now are nerfs to his Guard Crushes. Yes, Crushes. He get's so much advantage from a Crush as opposed to a Break that he can get some serious scare going. At the moment he feels very balanced, more so than Momiji and Rachel for sure.

DontForkWitMe

I wonder how good his instant CB charge is gonna be. I can see it being one of those moves scrubs cry to have nerfed if it turns out as good as it potentially looks to be. It will definitely be useful against players that like spamming low holds after every stun especially since recovery was increased.

DontForkWitMe

damn, ground bounce throw looks to have no practical use then as a fully charged cb attack hit throw. no one is going to stand their during the charge and will either hold it, poke him out of it, outspace and whiff punish it or side step it... not to mention the leon player has a chance to mis-time the throw input.

doing it during a stun also seems pointless since why would anyone bother for the stun>charged cb attack>hit throw bounce setup when he can go for stun>charged cb attack>cb stun>guaranteed launcher setup or if at red health PB/PL.

TN has a knack for dumb decisions and this is definitely one, if they wanted it to be a hit throw it should've at least been from something other than his CB attack and not require a slow ass charge to work

Last edited:

PJudge

Could always use the ground bounce throw to humiliate the opponent, although there are far more painful/less complicated ways to do it.

Argentus

So long as I can still wreck people without ever having to combo, im fine. I like being able to simply overpower with big hits, so looks good to me.

Argentus

damn, ground bounce throw looks to have no practical use then as a fully charged cb attack hit throw. no one is going to stand their during the charge and will either hold it, poke him out of it, outspace and whiff punish it or side step it... not to mention the leon player has a chance to mis-time the throw input.

doing it during a stun also seems pointless since why would anyone bother for the stun>charged cb attack>hit throw bounce setup when he can go for stun>charged cb attack>cb stun>guaranteed launcher setup or if at red health PB/PL.

TN has a knack for dumb decisions and this is definitely one, if they wanted it to be a hit throw it should've at least been from something other than his CB attack and not require a slow ass charge to work

That's why you do it in the middle of their attack so they just run straight into it. That's how I land slow moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD