Hopes/Worries for DOA5 Leon?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I just want him to HURT ..

and remain a Crazy baseball swinging, face drowning, one arm throwing monster .. :)

and 6P+K slap from hell to return .. lol

Argentus

(posted this in general, reposting here)

Yaknow what...screw it.

Since they added Power Launchers, Leon should be able to do this.

Why not, since they adding something as silly looking as the power launchers, they might as well go all the way led you be able to turn them into high flying combo grapples.

Sides, Bass got the Kinniku Buster (Kinnikuman), Tina got the Palo Special (Warsman), so why not give Leon some of Soldier's moves.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
So I found out yesterday from Master that Leon's spear tackle is no longer a crouching state. It's standing. There best be faster frames on it to overcome that nerf.

PJudge

I'd like to think that Leon's tackle would beat out Mila's, since he's a) bigger, b) badder, and c) Leon. Maybe it'll be an OH or something, I never really thought if it was previously.

In all honesty, I'm so hype about playing Leon that when I try to play DOA5 now, I just get bored because I can't play him. It's gonna be a long month and a half...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
PJudge said:
I'd like to think that Leon's tackle would beat out Mila's, since he's a) bigger, b) badder, and c) Leon. Maybe it'll be an OH or something, I never really thought if it was previously.

In all honesty, I'm so hype about playing Leon that when I try to play DOA5 now, I just get bored because I can't play him. It's gonna be a long month and a half...

Imagine the tag throw... Double tackle into a face smashing punches.. Awww yeah! Lol

Argentus

Imagine the tag throw... Double tackle into a face smashing punches.. Awww yeah! Lol

I've been imagining it ever since I learned Mila inherited his mount tackle.

On the rare occasions that I play Tag, that will be my team.

I'm also picturing another throw as Leon's Arm Grenade sending the opponent flying towards Mila, who does the animation for her "anti air Takedown" to catch them into a beatdown.

Brute

Standard Donor
My worry is that he'll basically be just DOA4 Leon, who would eat up shit tier in DOA5.

My hope is that he has the highest throw damage in the world (strongest man) and enough mix-up potential to bait out HiC throw hold punishes. Dervish throw needs buffed damage and he needs a throw like Tina's CH/HiC 364T.

PJudge

Seriously just started laughing when I read this. Option c is too true.
Just imagine Mila goes for the tackle, Leon lunges, forcing her over with a giant look of shock on her face as he starts smashing her face in.

My worry is that he'll basically be just DOA4 Leon, who would eat up shit tier in DOA5.

My hope is that he has the highest throw damage in the world (strongest man) and enough mix-up potential to bait out HiC throw hold punishes. Dervish throw needs buffed damage and he needs a throw like Tina's CH/HiC 364T.
I think that would make the most sense. It should be something that the opponent is seriously afraid of you doing if they try to hold.

Rawbietussin

Worries:
- No new tag throws with anyone at 5U
- Bayman/Leon might have the same "secret handshake" tag win pose with Bayman/Bass and Rig/Bass
- No glasses option (even if his character select picture shows him and Ein in shades)
- Less gameplay footage

Hopes:
- Costumes:
1. Fighter Pack DLC (same goes for Ein and Jacky)
2. Arabian-themed outfit
DOA2_Leon_C2.png

^ I prefer this over 2U's render because of the red/gold wristband and there's a bigger jewel on the turban lol.

3. Original gladiator concept art

^ Honestly, I would prefer this a lot better than the actual 3/4/Dimensions render.

4. Red overcoat
DOAUleon_cos03.jpg

^ It's sexy. 'Nuff said.

- The return of Bayman/Leon's DOA3 tag intro:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I would very much like to see their tag intro as well,I keep hearing how great it is but I can't find it anywhere online

Leon is going to be fun to play as in "Home" his air throw and grenade toss give him enough reach to instantly put anyone through a wall or a breakable object no matter the distance.that already clusterphobic place is going to feel like a tiny box when locked in with Leon.

Rawbietussin

I would very much like to see their tag intro as well,I keep hearing how great it is but I can't find it anywhere online

Leon is going to be fun to play as in "Home" his air throw and grenade toss give him enough reach to instantly put anyone through a wall or a breakable object no matter the distance.that already clusterphobic place is going to feel like a tiny box when locked in with Leon.

Seems like I won't need to worry about Leon having no glasses option. I just hope it's this one instead of the "secret handshake" tag win pose:

DOA5U_Bayman_Leon_2.jpg

Same thing could be said with the "Temple of the Dragon" stage. Breaking vases and pots is fun.

Rawbietussin

Temple of the Dragon actually gives you some breathing room though,Home is practically a closet in comparrison

When the fight starts in the center yes, it only gets stuffy when you get to the sides and corners but yeah, I do agree Home is the most crowded stage. I don't think.you can even clear the place up by breaking furniture and pots, even in 5 rounds.

PJudge

The black turban costume from DOA3 would be cool, but i don't think I'll get to see it. I used to use that so much, alongside the black vest. If anything, the costume I wouldn't mind not seeing again is the gladiator costume. It just never really appealed to me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD