DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

Kyosuke NEO

Thanks, I'll try keep that in mind next time I try to set up some Oki. I did have a few more questions, mostly what should I be doing again Hayate (Specifically ones that love that sidestep punch thingy) and Jann Lee in general. These two are really annoying for me. Lisa is really annoying too for me now that I think about it. It's particularly the ones that just fly all over the place throwing out OH throws like nobodies business.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Well, I've never played any of those fighters you've mentioned, but I try to tell some tales out of school, based one some things I heard from other players and Tenryuga told me.

Both Hayate and Jann Lee are well balanced characters with good tools for every situation, either close combat or range/spacing game. However, that means they are good at most things, but not best, and since you are playing Kasumi which is one of the fastest fighters in the whole game, you might take advantage of this.

Facing a solid Jann Lee player can be a pain and once he get you stunned you surely will have a hard time. I would recommend not to try out doing a spacing game against him, since most of his tools are better than Kasumi's for this. You can try it of course, the most important thing in this case is to watch when he is going for a his unblockable dragon kick. In general, it is easy to see when he is doing this move, but if you are playing online, it might be that you don't get the sidestep or crouching stance right before he reaches you because of input delay.

Staying at close range against Jann Lee might be the better option, but in this case, he can use his offensive hold (dragon gunner) to get into the stun game. Once he caught you with this move, it is a completely guessing game for what he's going after it. He can either go for a mid kick, mid punch, high punch or a dragon gunner reset. If you guess wrong, you mostly will eat a lot of damage.

So, I don't know any tool that works especial good against him, just use your fast jabs and 6P against him. You can try to stay a bit more away from him, in a range, where his dragon gunner does not catch you and retaliate with 3K, 66P or 66K if he whiffs this hold or other attacks. You might also use 1PP a bit more, if you do this and he is using his dragon gunner, you will beat him out.

When it comes to Hayate, you can also try to rely on your speed. Hayate is not very save on block, so don't be afraid to stand there blocking, trying to throw-punish after it. Against his special sidestep, use tracking moves like Kasumi's 6PK and 6P2K. Her P+K should also track and hit him while doing his sidestep. In general, Kasumi's most reliable tracking move is 6PK. Hayate is more dangerous at mid range, so better stay close to him. He also don't has much options after his guard breaks, he's running a 50/50 chance of mid punch or throw. If he lands a sweep, he should be respected, because a lot of his options will score a counter-hit, especially online. Hayate has almost no attacks or follow-ups that can be thrown out delayed, so if you don't see a follow-up come out immediately, you can try to attack.

Against Lisa, I would also recommend to try staying in her face. If she get's away from you, she is more dangerous because of her offensive holds, but in close range, she don't has a lot of options to get you off and you will beat her out in speed. If you have trouble with offensive holds in general, you can either try to use low attacks like 1PP or 2P more, or throw out a fast throw like 6T for example.

I'm afraid that this is everything I can tell you so far, maybe one of the other Kasumi/Hayate/Jann players around can give you some additional help.

Tenryuga

To add on to what Pew said stay in Jann lees face. 1P is decent to duck dragon gunner but 2P is a better option because it is faster and accomplishes the same thing without leaving her at huge disadvantage on hit. Jann Lee can't really do much to Kasumi in close range because his defensive options are not that good.

For Hayate when he lands a guardbreak from 236K Kasumi does not have to respect that because its only +1. Using her jabs will force him to resort to crushes after picking up advantage. His in string guard breaks are as pew said; he will most likely go mid or throw for the best results. Ocassionally he will go high to give you something else to think about but all of his best counter hitting options in that scenario are mid so using your parry isn't a bad idea; just don't abuse it to the point you get hi counter thrown. After a sweep Hayate must be respected because he is at +10 or so. He will only lose to you here if he follows the sweep with slow moves. Stick to a defensive action here including an occasional crush attempt if you see a throw coming.

Kyosuke NEO

Thanks you both, I'll try this this out next time I run into them. Funny you mention her parries though. I've been wondering when is the right time to do them? I've been kind of leaving them on the table because I don't really know how to use them yet.

Chapstick

So she got nerfed. :/ 4K and all the strings it's in went from 27 to 23 damage. If I'm guessing correctly with this translation H+K and PPK are now holdable- "Change to "jump kick hold" from "parry" an object to be hold attribute: H + K, PPK"

They did something to her reset throw but with google translate I can't really make it out- "46T: At the end of the Fixed a could not choose a crouching start / end is beaten."

Tenryuga

Her 46T used to negate the opponents ability to crouch and fuzzy guard making their only means of escape mashing out. That has been adjusted.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah Kasumi took some hits again. H+K/PPK/44PPK can all be held, but it's still a good tool to use for a launcher. Just now the opponent gets a reward now if they guess right.

46T is now a throw for more pressure options since it can't negate crouching.

PPPKP, 3PKP, & 4KP's damage has been reduced, meaning that 9PK 6P+K KK enders will not work on certain things. I got it to work from 4KP with deep stuns. From 3PKP, it doesn't. She has 6P+K KK from PKK7K, but it's very strict on timing. I had to begin mashing for the string to come out as soon as they're launched. The 7K will whiff if you don't time it correctly (smh). PKK7K P+K & PP7K juggles are more consistent. This has to do with 4K getting reduced.

Nameless Sama

I have seen in Uprising and from others in their videos that they press :h: after a Powerlauncher. I really want to know why becuase I know you have a reason for it. I am sure it can be useful to know that.

1. I am working for my Kasumi (Ryu) Combo Video
2- General Infomation is always important.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
They use that as a no-timing combo follow up after the PLs. The purpose of no-timing combos are to make for an easier juggle input to land so instead of not trying to time a juggle, they use something like 6H for better timing to start your juggles.

Nameless Sama

They use that as a no-timing combo follow up after the PLs. The purpose of no-timing combos are to make for an easier juggle input to land so instead of not trying to time a juggle, they use something like 6H for better timing to start your juggles.

Ok , thank you very much !

A general question : Does :h: has any effect while you are doing a move ? I have seen from Pro Players replay matches , that they press :h: sometimes when they are doing a move.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I really don't know what you mean. It depends on what they are doing. Usually when they're using a H on standing or stand alone, they're standing guard blocking, but during a string or combo, they use it to free cancel/string delay, which is something that you would want to do with Kasumi. An example of free canceling is Kasumi using PPH from PPPP (a punch string) & then she may go into another string or opt to tick throw (Fast jab & then throwing mixup), & then Kokoro's CB combo follow up of 6P+K > P > P> P> P> PP2K etc. The arrows in the juggle are her free canceling. Ayane from 3H+K free cancels from back turned into a 66 66KK4 BT 7K or when she's in back turn, she can free cancel BT PP to keep her safe. Gen Fu is another character who greatly benefits from free canceling/string delays

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nameless Sama

Yes I mean the free cancel ! Thanks !

If you want we can play some time ( in general) ;D I just want to test my Kasumi after these weeks. She has improved a lot through everyones help. I always read your posts and noticed every info , every combo almost everything. I am really thankfull . Sorry , I must such a guy xD.

arigatou gozaimasu ^-^

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Sure man any time, add me on which ever system that you have & when I'm on, shoot me an invite.

synce

Is it possible to get over 140 damage from a lightweight CB combo without environment?

How about 80+ from an expert hold?

(both on counter hit)

Just curious, I don't play Kasumi

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yes. She has & only need one CB follow up in open space (it works on all weights): Freestep > 4H+K KK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK. That goes over 140.

synce

Wow I didn't think Kasumi was capable of that. So for better or worse her damage output is the same as P4 (143 max so far)

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Not to mention PL combos that follow a CB.
Stun via counterhit -> stun level -> CB -> PL -> (P) -> 7K 6P+K PPKK can go up to 159 damage.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Not to mention PL combos that follow a CB.
Stun via counterhit -> stun level -> CB -> PL -> (P) -> 7K 6P+K PPKK can go up to 159 damage.
She actually has 3 that are better than that (added in with the CB).

7K KK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK
KK7K 6P+K PPKK
KK7K 6P+K K PP6P6K

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD