IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegan Eckhart

I don't think any character is going to suck honestly, as long as she is decently safe and still has mix ups out the butt I can deal with everything else.

PhoenixVFIRE

It makes sense with the removal of the old ground game. Kinda saw it coming unless they added some new crazy tools.
I agree with you, wasn't the ground game her "game" in DOA4 +plus the unholdable situations and untechables? Without that she goes back to being average right?

Codemaster92163

Who cares if she's "good" or "bad." So long as she's playable (and still fun), I could care less what part of the tier list she's on.

MajesticBlue

The lack of the doa 4 ground game hurts her and Ryu the most I feel. Ryu may be slow now but if you can get your advantage it doesn't matter. Helena did have some better juggle options in Doad so maybe those will return.

I wasn't around during the early days of Doa 4 but I think she was low tier until the ground game stuff was found. I really am not sure.

DR2K

One thing I feared when they said she would be designed for advanced players was that she would be designed like her DOA2/3 iterations where she had little advantagous moves, evasiveness, and huge move list. She's probably going to be relying on "DOA4 stun system" to get her damage without many advantages. Just my guess here.

TRI Mike

I suppose this actually goes for the other characters logically but the thing is that in my opinion, too many things could go wrong with Hele. If her transitions from Normal to Bokuho and Back-Stance are unsafe, she relies on the DOA4 stun system and has that shitty damage output then she's definitely gonna be bottom. I'm now hooking up my DOA4 copy to play as her and imagine how she'd work against the tools of people like Jann, Bass or Eliot.

Now, for all we know, Bryan could have been referring to Brad since he hasn't posted anything about him that I know of and he did mention Eliot being great. Or he could simply be trolling us but that's not his way of posting.

I can't wait to see her in action and good players using her. I'm still very excited about my blondie.

Blazeincarnated

Remember when I said a character is worse than La Mariposa...?
Helena? Lmao!
tumblr_m5n7ioY1at1qkgxf0o1_500.gif
tumblr_m5n7ioY1at1qkgxf0o2_500.gif

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Now, for all we know, Bryan could have been referring to Brad since he hasn't posted anything about him that I know of and he did mention Eliot being great. Or he could simply be trolling us but that's not his way of posting.

I was thinking that too. Brad still looks like shit. I'm guessing he meant Helena though. Otherwise he probably would have mentioned this back when Brad was revealed. Either way, it sucks because I was looking forward to playing both characters. They're both among my favorites in the series too.

DyByHands

What Trin is dead?.. Man the Rangers have bad fate. First Billy was harrased out of the show, Tommy is stuck still doing the lame ass new shows and now this. Although its old news I guess I missed it.

Ooobe

Yeah but what happens when you're good and a handful of characters are bottom tier?
Well then I guess you have a couple of options:
1. suck it up and play who you want regardless of rank, 'cause you're good.
2. don't play them
3. be scared you might get beat by them like a little bitch or
4. prepare to drink the tears of those foolish enough to oppose you! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD