DOA5LR "I'll Try My Best!"Naotora Ii Gameplay Discussion

Nikotsumi

I want Naotora to have a 1K, 7K, 66K and 33K, almost every character has at least 2-3 of these and not Naotora, who is a kick-oriented character, doesn't make sense to me.
7K - Yeah, the third kick of 66K4K would be cool, but I don't know if it could really be useful (raw) as she already has a better high launcher (8K)
66K- The second/fourth kick of 6KKKK with its follow ups, it could be used for force-tech setups.
33K- No idea
1K - No idea

I would also give her something like 6KKP (similar to 6KKKKP) and 6KKK4K (similar to 6K4K), since she can't mix up after the third K, with this it would make sense to use/go past that damn third mid K.
☆33P- That backturned 4P launcher would be really useful as a counter hit launcher, just slow it down a couple of frames.
Wait, isn't 66P her BT4P?

The Spine

I want Naotora to have a 1K, 7K, 66K and 33K, almost every character has at least 2-3 of these and not Naotora, who is a kick-oriented character, doesn't make sense to me.
7K - Yeah, the third kick of 66K4K would be cool, but I don't know if it could really be useful (raw) as she already has a better high launcher (8K)
66K- The second/fourth kick of 6KKKK with its follow ups, it could be used for force-tech setups.
33K- No idea
1K - No idea

I would also give her something like 6KKP (similar to 6KKKKP) and 6KKK4K (similar to 6K4K), since she can't mix up after the third K, with this it would make sense to use/go past that damn third mid K.

66P and BT4P may as well be the same move, but they have slightly different animations and BT4P is faster. Same properties though, so, urrite.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
33K- No idea
1K - No idea

No, it's a modified version of one of Momiji's launchers I believe, it looks similar to 66P but has a more "arch" to it and smaller range. And the 7K I suggested I mean could be viable since in the 6KK4K string, it's her highest launcher in a stun. I also think her KKKK6K is garbage, it's a high replacing a low sweep and it's slow at that. I think KKKK6P string based off the 66P move would be alot more viable or technical, that or KKKK6K based off her H+K follow up from the Ii family Creed. And I still kinda think she needs a high to mid string like Marie Rose, P3K which is her slap going into her mid kick, since everything she can do after the P is a high. It does jail but only on normal and counter hit, plus her P is 11i so I think it'd be fair to give to her.

and it's OK @The Spine, I understand we have different view points from what we really want of the character. XD And I think BT 4P is actually a faster launcher than 66P, it just has less range than 66P does. I thought of additional running options, but she does need any since she has a mid punch and mid kick while running attack, and a psuedo high and low running option already. And I lowkey wish her 2H+K was her sweep from 6H+KK, it's three frames faster and has longer reach.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just been trying to dig up ways to eliminate wake up kicks and tech situations after walls and open space. Lack of OH as well which isn't really too bad. Been really trying to find stuff after 9KK since it works on all class for instant knockdowns.

The Spine

I just been trying to dig up ways to eliminate wake up kicks and tech situations after walls and open space. Lack of OH as well which isn't really too bad. Been really trying to find stuff after 9KK since it works on all class for instant knockdowns.
Feel like the only way to effectively eliminate wake-up kicks in an open space is to 9PK > backdash. Gives her that distance that she needs and if the WU kick does hit, it's not too punishing,

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I just back up whenever I knock my opponent down, it's too risky for Naotora to really do anything close to an opponent other than 9PK to get behind them or 2P to tech them. I like to use 9KK sometimes if they try to WU kick since it can crush low ones I think, I did it once when I was first learning her.

The Spine

I just back up whenever I knock my opponent down, it's too risky for Naotora to really do anything close to an opponent other than 9PK to get behind them or 2P to tech them. I like to use 9KK sometimes if they try to WU kick since it can crush low ones I think, I did it once when I was first learning her.
You can essentially say that about any character. However, you're left with a greater advantage if you 9PK and cause them to whiff the WU kick, and you're in the sweet zone. 9K does crush lows by the way, unlike 6KK so praise TN. Then immediately stop praising them.

Nikotsumi

No, it's a modified version of one of Momiji's launchers I believe, it looks similar to 66P but has a more "arch" to it and smaller range. And the 7K I suggested I mean could be viable since in the 6KK4K string, it's her highest launcher in a stun. I also think her KKKK6K is garbage, it's a high replacing a low sweep and it's slow at that. I think KKKK6P string based off the 66P move would be alot more viable or technical, that or KKKK6K based off her H+K follow up from the Ii family Creed. And I still kinda think she needs a high to mid string like Marie Rose, P3K which is her slap going into her mid kick, since everything she can do after the P is a high. It does jail but only on normal and counter hit, plus her P is 11i so I think it'd be fair to give to her.

and it's OK @The Spine, I understand we have different view points from what we really want of the character. XD And I think BT 4P is actually a faster launcher than 66P, it just has less range than 66P does. I thought of additional running options, but she does need any since she has a mid punch and mid kick while running attack, and a psuedo high and low running option already. And I lowkey wish her 2H+K was her sweep from 6H+KK, it's three frames faster and has longer reach.
Oh I see, I forgot it was 4 frames faster xD
But since overall they only different things between 66P and BT4P are range and start up frames, wouldn't it be better to change the current 66P? Making it a new move would be a waste imo xD

When the opponent is knocked down I :
-Back up
-Use 9K
-Use 9PK to get behind the opponent and backdash (like @The Spine suggested) or do the (guaranteed) BT4P if the opponent has used the wake up kick at the same time of 9PK, causing it to whiff. The worst it can happen here is that the opponent can wait for your 9PK and then hit you with the wake up kick during the recovery frames, but then, he has to know you're gonna do that.
If I hit the opponent with 9P2K, I just use it again cause if the opponent techs, you're not at disadvantage (0), and if he chooses to stay on the ground he has to take the -13 force tech, making BT4P guaranteed (though, Naotora not always ends up back turned).

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
We can rebuild. We have the technology.

CsAg9V3UkAAHyKC.jpg

CsAg_bkUkAEpAH5.jpg

CsAhBaNVYAAuKVa.jpg

Nikotsumi

I just went quickly to the lab to test Nao's changes :
Here's the most relevant things.
-PPP, 6PP and BT 4P now launch as high as H+K/8K.
-4KK/PPK/6P4KK/KKKK6K launch a bit higher.
-K tracks yeah.
-6KK/6KKKK are now "hard" ground hits.
-236KK and KKK6KK hit more easily during juggles.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That makes me so happy! Can't wait to see them in action as soon as my PS4 downloads XD. Was her ii clan k follow up fixed and the backturned PP2KK?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD