Is your hype dying?

Been, hyped for the last 30 days and I'm trying to dial it back but can't.
Just thinking about a tag team with my main from VF (Pai) and DOA main Ayane gets me more hyped each day.

kupo

I still love the game for what it is. The only concern I have is the netcode but even if it is garbage, I'll still play DOA5 because it's an awesome game.
Next week guys, get hype!

Dacthunder

Not as hype as before, and I'm still keeping DOA4 which still has stuff that DOA 5 doesn't have. I don't like the story mode boss at the end or the 3 Virtua Fighter guest for me I would prefer more Dead or Alive characters because I'm a bigger fan of Dead or Alive than Virtua Fighter. Technically DOA 5 and 4 have the same number of DOA characters, DOA 5 has 3 guest and DOA 4 has 1 guest and neither top DOAD in terms of more DOA characters. Also no CG ending for the Arcade mode for each character and no final boss in Arcade is a no, no, for me. However it's still worth the buy, but not for the collectors edition though. Itagaki would of done it better, but that's what happens when you change producers :rolleyes:

TheTHCGamer

honestly my hype plummeted when word of leon being cut surfaced. I completely passed on SCV when my main there was cut and was on the verge of doing it again with this game but decided to still give it a shot and just use my secondary but if the netcode is as garbage as people claim then this game will be worthless to me. i was gonna buy it day one but will stick with my original plan and gamefly this first to see for myself before wasting 60 on a fighter with an unplayable netcode
Just remember theres going to be an online pass code so i dont know if your going to be able to play online if you rent the game. Unless you want to waste 10 dollars that is.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Well I'm not a very good player, so whenever I lose I'm just gonna tell people it's cause they nerfed Helena. :rolleyes:
No, no, no, all wrong!

Here's what you do when you lose. You buy yourself the nicest lookin' life-size doll you can find, and dress her up like Helena to stay "motivated". When I found out Christie was nerfed pretty bad in DOA4's patch, it worked for me everytime...

But seriously, take every sound loss as a gain... of experience. Experiment with ways to optimize the tools she does have to your advantage, and above all, never give up. If DrDogg could do well with her back in the days of DOA2U, you can as well.

And remember, Helena players... it's all about soundin' the bells in 2012... fuck it, just sound the bells, period. ;)

Omegan Eckhart

No, no, no, all wrong!

Here's what you do when you lose. You buy yourself the nicest lookin' life-size doll you can find, and dress her up like Helena to stay "motivated". When I found out Christie was nerfed pretty bad in DOA4's patch, it worked for me everytime...

But seriously, take every sound loss as a gain... of experience. Experiment with ways to optimize the tools she does have to your advantage, and above all, never give up. If DrDogg could do well with her back in the days of DOA2U, you can as well.

And remember, Helena players... it's all about soundin' the bells in 2012... fuck it, just sound the bells, period. ;)
I was feeling great until I got to the last paragraph and then I went :confused:

KwonJigglypuff

No, no, no, all wrong!

I'm starting to think you really owns a life-size doll of Christie or Anita. I must say having Helena or Kokoro in my living-room would be awesome. ^_^
But you're right, and I guess that's another definition of 'I'm a fighter', training with a not-so-good character and prove yourself you can be damn good.

Chainedsniper

My "hype" just goes with the flow. Since there hasnt been much DOA stuff lately, its not that high. Throw in the fact that there has been alot of Halo news and Borderlands 2 came out. Its just not on my mind. Im sure when Im watching the opening day tournament it will return. Also a new shiny game is always hype.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm starting to think you really owns a life-size doll of Christie or Anita. I must say having Helena or Kokoro in my living-room would be awesome. ^_^
But you're right, and I guess that's another definition of 'I'm a fighter', training with a not-so-good character and prove yourself you can be damn good.
Anita?

I like her as a character in the Darkstalkers series and all, but... hell no, lol.

@OmeganEckart: Sorry to disappoint, but it's the thought that counts, and my intention was to motivate, not depreciate.

Omegan Eckhart

Anita?

I like her as a character in the Darkstalkers series and all, but... hell no, lol.

@OmeganEckart: Sorry to disappoint, but it's the thought that counts, and my intention was to motivate, not depreciate.
Oh it was motivational, then I got to the last paragraph and got confused. It's been a long day.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I haven't had much hype as it is. I was pretty much done with DOA after 4 until I heard how much more serious the gameplay supposedly have gotten with 5. Either way this may be the last doa I buy and if it sucks it'll definitely be the last doa that I buy. It better be a heck of a game.

lucky jim

Started dying a bit when I read that no one really likes the changes that have been made to the game in the past couple months. If the game ends up not being that interesting competitively, then I'll probably drop it and go back to something else.

It still does look good though, so I'm remaining optimistic.

Darrell

My hype starting going down last Tuesday, when I got TTT2. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I do. Even appears to have better dirt effects. Originally got it to hold myself over for DOA5, but I Don't know now. Really loving it. Watched a few of the Story mode, as was really expecting them to do better with it. Just seems more like a compilation of the DOA4 style story. I thought they would be more creative about how the fights go about, but it just seems so random. Oh you're entering a tournament. I kick yo ass! You didn't catch my numbchucks? I kick yo ass! I'm sure I'll love it, cause I really enjoyed the demo.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so far with spoilers all I can really enjoy is the story(which I'm trying to avoid) and costumes(which what's shown arnt very promising) but DLC can fix that.either way I'm forced to attempt to enjoy the game,without the gameplay of course that isn't going to work.so till then just biding my time with Borderlands and Resident Evil.

Orange Pork

Yep. I started out with high hopes since most fighting games these days don't have terrible netcode, SNK notwithstanding. But if this turns out to be trash online like everyone seems to be saying it is, I'm just going to stick with VF5. Maybe sometime down the line we'll get that VFxDOA people have been clamoring for with Sega's devs at the helm instead of TN.

Genesis

Man, the netcode really can be a make-or-break factor for a lot of people. I'm damn well glad that I've gotten enough friends into it to foster healthy, regular competition, even if none of them have any aspiration to exceed being good enough to take each other on.

xOmniCloudx

Disappointed by a lot of the confirmed info but none of it has been major things to hurt the game in any significant way. Only online and arguably team battle majorly effect the game with how one is currently pretty bad and the other excluded entirely. The ridiculous trophy requirements are optional and don't effect the game so only trophy whores will truly care. Something tells me they are doing this so they can encourage people to buy DLC which will unlock these things for them (besides the online trophy requirements of course).

The bad handling of the swimsuits and costumes aren't hurting the game either even if massively disappointing for me and others. I personally don't want the bikinis in and am made they're taking up slots of costumes that could have been in (if they weren't stupid palettes anyway). Although the latter could have avoided these problems with customization or at LEAST a color edit mode. Below the bar for the genre now in both respects since every 3D fighter now has both as a standard.

Then the horrible aliasing, jaggies and quality of the as of now only 360 version which has been released showing a drastically different looking game than the ones in videos (which apparently were all PS3). Anyway, I can find people to play offline so bad online wont hurt me too much (coming from T6's shitty online is proof) so as long as the game is fun to play then that's the most important aspect. At least it has multiple modes, a real story mode and endings too unlike SCV.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD