Lets be serious here Alpha-152 needs to be banned.

Ban her

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 86 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yegar

It seems like to me that Rachael is one of those characters who starts out godlike but will eventually lose steam. Her stomp is silly but her all around game is limited by her not being the fastest nor having a very large move list. id say wait out Rachael before requesting any form of balance changes. This is just my opinion but if she were nerfed now and they we got used to her it would just water down future tourneys to nothing but the NEW high tier

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
StrikerSashi said:
Leifang was hardly nerfed. Have you even touched her? Only real nerf was mid kick hold damage and 1P+K on block.

-mid kick hold nerf
-1p+k nerfed
-6h+k nerfed
-4kk,3pkk,pkk,7pkk all nerfed from behind the opponent
-(wall) 4h+p now 214h+p and changed from 10 to 12 frames

She is 100% defensive now.. her pressure game is completely lost. Especially with the loss of force techs.

This doesnt mean shes trash. It only means that you have to approach her play style in a very different way.. she did get a minor juggle buff, which makes her juggle punishes slightly better..

But yeah. She got nerfed. Still cant say for sure how she plays out matchup wise .. havent had much play time unfortunately

Nobus3r1

It seems like to me that __________ (insert character name) is one of those characters who starts out godlike but will eventually lose steam. His/Her/Its _________ (allegedly OP move or strategy) is silly but his/her/its all around game is ____________ (legitimate reason why aforementioned move or strategy might not be OP). I'd say wait out ____________(insert character name) before requesting any form of balance changes. This is just my opinion but if he/she/it were nerfed now and they we got used to him/her/it it would just water down future tourneys to nothing but the NEW high tier
I took the liberty of fixing your post to be more generalized. Seriously, unless it's a game breaking issue then IMO a game shouldn't be touched for at least a few months (as many a 6 in my ideal world). A great exercise in this area that was had recently was a large number of people calling for Wesker to be nerfed shortly after Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was released. Without going into great depth about why (I don't have all day; well technically I do, but I don't feel like wasting it explaining why people are stupid) let's just say that time has proven those calling for that character to be nerfed somewhere between hilariously wrong and so wrong that anything they say in the future should be dismissed because they are that incapable of critical thinking and/or lack any degree of foresight.

Argentus

-mid kick hold nerf
-1p+k nerfed
-6h+k nerfed
-4kk,3pkk,pkk,7pkk all nerfed from behind the opponent
-(wall) 4h+p now 214h+p and changed from 10 to 12 frames

She is 100% defensive now.. her pressure game is completely lost. Especially with the loss of force techs.

This doesnt mean shes trash. It only means that you have to approach her play style in a very different way.. she did get a minor juggle buff, which makes her juggle punishes slightly better..

But yeah. She got nerfed. Still cant say for sure how she plays out matchup wise .. havent had much play time unfortunately

I waa under the impression that her fighting style is supposed to be defensive anyway, so its more like they fixed her.

Dr Drake

let her open in DOA5U, and wish Team Ninja is deleting her a the DOA6 roster.
Because no one need a Jelly Girl.

Jaguar360

let her open in DOA5U, and wish Team Ninja is deleting her a the DOA6 roster.
Because no one need a Jelly Girl.
Alpha will definitely be gone in DOA6, but some of us like her for who she is as a character and will miss her. Not many of us obviously, but some.

Number 13

Alpha isn't guaranteed to be gone in DoA 6. Just because it won't have relevance to the story anymore doesn't mean TN will ditch the character from being playable. Tengu was another playable boss character that lost relevance past DoA 2, but would still appear to be playable future DoA games.

The real question is if TN will have enough time/resources to invest on non essential plot point characters to appear into the rosters (I.E dead characters, past boss characters, characters that received "closure" in the storyline, etc). They seem to be able do that for DoA5U with bringing back Ein/Leon and introducing Momiji/Rachel despite their little to no storyline relevance. If anyone is nearly guaranteed to be scrapped from the DoA roster in the sequel it's going to be the VF characters.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Alpha-152 is cheap, yes, but she has many weaknesses as well. If she was able to teleport around the stage freely like her boss counterpart, then she would be banned no questions asked. However, players can only teleport when they counter CORRECTLY. Not to mention, her moves are very predictable. The strategy when facing Alpha-152 is just making sure the players doesn't get a good offense. Alpha-152 is one of those characters that people use as a fear factor, because they know players will get very defensive around her. However, if you go in there and take control of the situation, Alpha-152 is no problem at all.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Alpha-152 is cheap, yes, but she has many weaknesses as well. If she was able to teleport around the stage freely like her boss counterpart, then she would be banned no questions asked. However, players can only teleport when they counter CORRECTLY. Not to mention, her moves are very predictable. The strategy when facing Alpha-152 is just making sure the players doesn't get a good offense. Alpha-152 is one of those characters that people use as a fear factor, because they know players will get very defensive around her. However, if you go in there and take control of the situation, Alpha-152 is no problem at all.
Go ahead and play Lopedo or XCaliburblade when they're using Alpha and then tell me if you think she is fair or not.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Go ahead and play Lopedo or XCaliburblade when they're using Alpha and then tell me if you think she is fair or not.

It's not that she's unfair, she's just extremely useful (not as much now, are we still thinking of banning her, really). I still don't understand why people give Lopedo critical acclaim for his Alpha. His Alpha is not good, and he knows it.. and I don't think he cares.

And yes, DOA6 will more than likely not feature Alpha 152, and this will be fine because then Victor Donovan will be playable instead. As long as I have an awesome boss character to dominate people with... I am one-motha-fuckin-hundred.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD