Lets be serious here Alpha-152 needs to be banned.

Ban her

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 86 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeo

I don't think Rachel's weight needs to be touched either. Just the stomp advantage.

Maybe make her a heavy class like Gen Fu but that's it, if that.

RoboJoe

Tengu is not in this game. Superheavyweight is Bass, Bayman, Leon and Rachel. Heavy is Gen Fu.
http://freestepdodge.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-weight-classes.3228/

My BnB quicklaunch-juggle with Lisa wouldn't work on Helena while it did work on all midweights in vanilla.
Haven't tested in ultimate.

You're missing the point. The point of that post was that the difference between mid and Helena/Gen Fu is too small to call Gen Fu/Helena "Heavy". I don't really care what the official names are, heavies have always been Bass etc. Superheavy is anything above that. There are no superheavies in DOA5U.

Brute

Standard Donor
You're missing the point. The point of that post was that the difference between mid and Helena/Gen Fu is too small to call Gen Fu/Helena "Heavy". I don't really care what the official names are, heavies have always been Bass etc. Superheavy is anything above that. There are no superheavies in DOA5U.
"Heavy" is someone who is heavy enough that midweight juggles do not always work on them.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I dont think any character with the speed and mixup Alpha has should also have such ridiculous throws as she has. That alone makes me wish she were banned.

Omegan Eckhart

Does Alpha really have highly manipulatable strings? From what I have seen and noticed from playing her every once in a while she has very long strings but they very rarely go low and most often have no mix up potential even when the opponent is stunned.

Brute

Standard Donor
Does Alpha really have highly manipulatable strings? From what I have seen and noticed from playing her every once in a while she has very long strings but they very rarely go low and most often have no mix up potential even when the opponent is stunned.
Most are highly delay-able, so they're hard to block because you never know when she'll stop or start a new one.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
You know how sometimes you see a Kokoro try to be funny and do 2K delay P 'cause that punch is delayable pretty much until 2K recovers? That's all of Alpha's strings.

Max536Drago

Don't turn this game into ssb where you ban everything deemed "cheep". If I recall correctly, people were saying that Alpha was trash when I ALWAYS thought she was broken. She's apart of the game, and if you wanna be the best you gotta be able to overcome all challenges. It's also rather unfair for someone that mains Alpha to be told that they have to enter a tournament with a sub character. I voted "no", how ya like me now!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Don't turn this game into ssb where you ban everything deemed "cheep". If I recall correctly, people were saying that Alpha was trash when I ALWAYS thought she was broken. She's apart of the game, and if you wanna be the best you gotta be able to overcome all challenges. It's also rather unfair for someone that mains Alpha to be told that they have to enter a tournament with a sub character. I voted "no", how ya like me now!
#inb4thebanhammer

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I am always one to strive and overcome. But think

Does she need the fastest strikes in the game Along with The strongest high counter hold in the game? It's a bit ridiculous.

On top of that does she really need 3 levels of critical burst?

Blazeincarnated

*Looks at thread wondering why it's still up...*

tsunade_by_mystery8krisch-d4n09fl.jpg

Max536Drago

I am always one to strive and overcome. But think

Does she need the fastest strikes in the game Along with The strongest high counter hold in the game? It's a bit ridiculous.

On top of that does she really need 3 levels of critical burst?
Alpha doesn't have offensive holds anymore. Jann Lee shouldn't either -_-

Jaguar360

Alpha doesn't have offensive holds anymore. Jann Lee shouldn't either -_-
Alpha's :8::H+P: and :214::426::H+P: are still offensive holds. And I think Mestizo meant hi-counter throw.

I'm kind of on the fence on whether Alpha should be banned or not right now. Due to the parry nerf and Alpha's new weight class, Alpha now officially has the worst defense in the game and many of her moves are unsafe. However, she has crazy offensive potential that can dictate an entire match. She is very fast, she has long and delayable strings for her :P: and :K: strings, 3 CB's, a throw that does 149/300 damage on Hi-Counter, and 2 mid-long range OH's.

I don't want Alpha to be banned, but it is looking like a good idea to ban her in the next tournament or so until more people start to take advantage of Alpha's new weight class.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Leifang was hardly nerfed. Have you even touched her? Only real nerf was mid kick hold damage and 1P+K on block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD