Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca Beam

ah, yes, a costume that shows barely any skin nor follows a specific theme is fetishy. it'd probably make more sense to call the office lady alt a fetish cosplay.
and i shouldn't have to hear "generic" and "fetish" from someone with an avatar showcasing exactly that. too much hypocrisy.

and at the end of the day it's faster and more honest to say "nah, not my type" rather than misusing (buzz)words and acting like there's something wrong about it.

Cool!

Complaining because bosoms aren't big enough for you is still a bad look. It always will be. That's nothing to do with anyone here insulting you or bashing on you. It's just a bit weird. =x Call your mom and tell her you're upset that Team Ninja isn't giving all of the girls huge honkers and listen to her reaction.

Anyway.

Lisa's redesign has filled my hype meter to burst. I literally just want to go into hibernation until February.
Kinda.
My complain come to the fact than for some reason only Ayane, Kasumi and Helena look nerfed in a bad way.
Almost every other girl had better character model and are more sexy that them, wierd becUse Kasumi and Ayane used to be the sex simbol of DOA, now they are just there.
And the excuse than Shimbori use like world trends, more human character with smaller boobs, want to be taked more seriusly and feminist, go to the trash when they in made NICO the new female fighter in DOA6.
I really don't undestand what is happening with this game.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
want to be taked more seriusly and feminist

Officially ignoring anything from this account now lol

Anyway.

I don't see why everyone is calling NiCO Loli myself. Certainly weeb, but Loli?... I dunno. She's at least a solid B which isn't bad at all, and her aesthetic isn't fetishy enough to be Lolicon-fodder like Marie Rose. Sure they basically have the same face but that's not really all that surprising with TN.

just_me

Standard Donor
I don't see why everyone is calling NiCO Loli myself. Certainly weeb, but Loli?

It's the combination of baby face and really short height more than the lack of big boobs imo. Kokoro also has a baby face and is pretty short, but she's not 5th grader short (and has big boobs by “real world” standards) and no one really calls her a loli. Honoka is a loli even though her tits are massive.

It doesn't help that NiCO is shown alongside Christie in the trailer, who is the tallest woman in the cast (when she actually stands up straight for once :p )

Onryoki

Standard Donor
let's just cut straight to the point.

though i just checked the trailer and the bar was tilting pretty heavily toward the "like" side, so it's just another case of the noisy minority making their presence overwhelming.
but after a very long time of being the butt of the joke and "that one fighting game" i think some people have also legit taken "a-a-a-at least i don't deal with the young looking ones like a good boy" as a defense mechanism against outside critics.

now the most eyebrow raising part is how frivolous the word loli is being thrown around.
if that bust size is a loli, then Aoi from Virtua Fighter is a loli
if that body frame is a loli, then my 50 year old aunt is a loli
Girlfriend I say? Honey, I’m gay so you using the word girlfriend makes me laugh. I just like NiCO. Is it so wrong for me to like her? You should really learn what the word Loli means,loli refers to the Japanese discourse or media pertaining to the attraction of young looking cute girls that blend slightly erotic characteristics.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
they are fucking retarded, that's why
*drops mic*
That's a bit inflammatory lol Not sure why it's got to be like that. I don't think this conversation is personal enough to involve that sort of language here.

It's the combination of baby face and really short height more than the lack of big boobs imo. Kokoro also has a baby face and is pretty short, but she's not 5th grader short (and has big boobs by “real world” standards) and no one really calls her a loli. Honoka is a loli even though her tits are massive.

It doesn't help that NiCO is shown alongside Christie in the trailer, who is the tallest woman in the cast (when she actually stands up straight for once :p )
Ahhhh I see. So rather than the actual definition of Loli which refers to girls that are not old enough to consent with the typical aesthetic of being sub B cup, it's being used here as a general umbrella to catch all of the Animoo aesthetics they've been using for Marie, Honkers, and now GEiCO. I think I understand now. It's a bit silly really. I actually know some 23+ year olds in my personal life that are around her height. Wouldn't think to consider them "Loli".

Macca Beam

when you see such a dense, persistent concentration of idiocy that's the natural reaction, i guess.
since that statement was said in many english-speaking places i wasn't targeting any specific person on this forum though :^)

Truth

ah, yes, a costume that shows barely any skin nor follows a specific theme is fetishy. it'd probably make more sense to call the office lady alt a fetish cosplay.
and i shouldn't have to hear "generic" and "fetish" from someone with an avatar showcasing exactly that. too much hypocrisy.

and at the end of the day it's faster and more honest to say "nah, not my type" rather than misusing (buzz)words and acting like there's something wrong about it.

Um. Fetishware doesn’t just concern how much skin is revealed, it also concerns where the skin is revealed, the contours of the garment and what parts of the body are emphasised and finally, the material used. By giving the lab coat a segmented design in order to show more skin and giving it an unnecessary latex glossy finish, they have indeed fetishised the look.
A good rule of thumb, if a costume looks childish but too innapropriate to put on a child then it’s festish wear.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
uh, thanks for letting me in on your sexual preferences, but that sarcasm wasn't toward you.

no, you and every person misusing that word should learn what it means. it's not about personality. it's not about age. it's always been about a specific body type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Nabokov
You literally edited my quote and you have the audacity saying it wasn’t meant towards me? You’re funny. It’s about Japanese culture, not nationality.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
GEiCO is a teenager. End of the fucking discussion. There are more kind of womens apart from lolis and milfs xD
giphy.gif

Macca Beam

Um. Fetishware doesn’t just concern how much skin is revealed, it also concerns where the skin is revealed, the contours of the garment and what parts of the body are emphasised and finally, the material used. By giving the lab coat a segmented design in order to show more skin and giving it an unnecessary latex glossy finish, they have indeed fetishised the look.
just checking if you were using the "fetish costume = exposed skin" definition because as we all know, everybody uses this word to refer to a different thing. usually as a roundabout way to express disapproval.

with that logic, this outfit is completely in line with every male and female costume in the game (and practically every other fighting game) up to this point. why is this suddenly a problem now?

if a costume looks childish
nope, see ivy valentine. and i wouldn't say that's appropriate to put on an adult either. still fetish wear.

You literally edited my quote and you have the audacity saying it wasn’t meant towards me?
usually when somebody takes a sentence and go "no no, it should be more like this", they don't always have direct malice toward the person saying that sentence nor put that person as the subject.

It’s about Japanese culture, not nationality.
i didn't say it was about nationality. there's something wrong with your reading comprehension.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
just checking if you were using the "fetish costume = exposed skin" definition because as we all know, everybody uses this word to refer to a different thing. usually as a roundabout way to express disapproval.

with that logic, this outfit is completely in line with every male and female costume in the game (and practically every other fighting game) up to this point. why is this suddenly a problem now?

nope, see ivy valentine. and i wouldn't say that's appropriate to put on an adult either. still fetish wear.

usually when somebody takes a sentence and go "no no, it should be more like this", they don't always have direct malice toward the person saying that sentence nor put that person as the subject.

i didn't say it was about nationality. there's something wrong with your reading comprehension.
I really wonder why you’re a being a dick most of the times, I understand why @deathofaninja put you on ignore. I literally give you the definition of Loli and you wanna deny it because you have your own definition of the word Loli.

Macca Beam

I literally give you the definition of Loli and you wanna deny it
i'm not taking a """"definition"""" that doesn't have a source. where is your source?

because you have your own definition of the word Loli.
yeah, i wrote that entire wiki article just now to use in a reply on some forum *rolls eyes*

don't call me a dick because you're losing an argument. that's too cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD