Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

I am tired of Marie Rose's default costume. I prefer this, because it will make her look slightly more mature.
The shoe design with the ribbon, is going to be so eye-catching in a fight.
I love the use of that demon-heart from her default costume. It's added onto the dress, the shoes and even as a finger-ring.
What I want to be removed from this costume: The eye-patch, the wings and the tail. The rest is perfect in my opinion. I hope they'll make Marie slightly aged. Make her a bit taller and make her body more slim from the other girls to remain as the youngest girl in the character-selection.

195.jpg

Funnily enough Ayane is actually younger than Marie Rose lol.
Also It's always interesting to see people talk about the designs not realizing that the designer is right there.

Yeah, this costume should've been realized in the game. The designer did a brilliant job. XD

The theme was of course Halloween, but I bet the designer would actually be okay with removing the tail and wings to make it more casual. I'm not sure about removing the eyepatch though...er, I mean he would probably not be so sure about removing the eye patch. It's imo such a nice detail with the bead that looks like a tear of blood. :)

I think the shoes look a bit weird because they are supposed to look demonic and Halloween-ish. If this wasn't a Halloween design the designer would've probably chosen different ones.

Wow so In tune with how this designer thinks! :eek: Agreed though I think the eyepatch and it's little tear drop of blood looks cool.[/QUOTE]

Fightaro

^ I actually like the pointy strange looking shoe design. It makes the costume look less ordinary from "reality". The costume would fit her perfectly, if they are going to make Marie Rose slightly aged, a bit taller, more slim body from the other girls and a bit more mature voice with new intros and outros.

Her voice always really rubbed me the wrong way. It doesn't really matter that they say in the wiki that she's 18.
She still both looks and sounds like an actual child.
When she gets hit especially it's almost downright disturbing to me tbh.
I think that Kasumi was kinda as far as I can go in this regard without feeling as if it just comes across as messed up and as if a child is being abused voice-wise.

I still like the whole '' tiny girl beating up big muscular dude bros '' thing, it's funny to me and part of the escapism.
But her voice just made it disturbing to me.
Altho I actually don't mind her voice so much during her intro, she doesn't actually sound THAT young then. But when she fights for some reason she literally sounds like a child.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also It's always interesting to see people talk about the designs not realizing that the designer is right there.

In all seriousness, that's something I was always sooo careful of. To not criticize any design too much, because the designer could be right here. Many of the designers are regulars of this forum. One time I did mention that I didn't like a particular costume and then it turned out I knew the designer and it was a forumer that I really liked. Ouch... D:

Jadeinchains

In all seriousness, that's something I was always sooo careful off. To not criticize any design too much, because the designer could be right here. Many of the designers are regulars of this forum. One time I did mention that I didn't like a particular costume and then it turned out I knew the designer and it was a forumer that I really liked. Ouch... D:

Yeah I know what you mean during the years I've always tried to be careful especially in the Halloween contest threads to mention anything bad about a design for the same reasons since I didn't want some awkward moment. Still been truthful about my opinion on them just If there was one's I didn't like I'd just stay silent on it. And It would be bad If they then resented my designs or something because of what I said. :x Luckily though 99% of designs I liked anyway on the forum.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah I know what you mean during the years I've always tried to be careful especially in the Halloween contest threads to mention anything bad about a design for the same reasons since I didn't want some awkward moment. Still been truthful about my opinion on them just If there was one's I didn't like I'd just stay silent on it. And It would be bad If they then resented my designs or something because of what I said. :x Luckily though 99% of designs I liked anyway on the forum.

Speaking of that and about Rachel...does anyone remember the Rachel costume that people dubbed: "Christian Rachel"? I couldn't help but laugh.

Sotherius

About a redesign for Rachel...

It is complicated... Rachel is not a dominatrix, not on personality, ok, she barely has personality to be honest, but what is there, she is in general super serious and dedicated to slaying fiends, she doesn't seem to play around or anything like that. I don't think what is the idea behind her NG costume, it doesn't match what little we see of vigoorians, so i think she was meant to be some sort of heavy metal/barbarian type of costume.

Based on that, i don't know how to redesign her much, i think it should stay around the same themes, barbarian/metal-ish.

Jadeinchains

*Rachel wearing that exact outfit to church as her sundays best*
And lol by searching lots and lots of different versions of "doa5lr designer outfits" "doa5lr halloween design outfits" etc etc. And then lots of scrolling. :p

Last edited:

Fightaro

About a redesign for Rachel...

It is complicated... Rachel is not a dominatrix, not on personality, ok, she barely has personality to be honest, but what is there, she is in general super serious and dedicated to slaying fiends, she doesn't seem to play around or anything like that. I don't think what is the idea behind her NG costume, it doesn't match what little we see of vigoorians, so i think she was meant to be some sort of heavy metal/barbarian type of costume.

Based on that, i don't know how to redesign her much, i think it should stay around the same themes, barbarian/metal-ish.

Yeah, I just meant purely from an aesthetical and gameplay level in my opinion :).
I am honestly not interested in the story in fighting games, I just want cool characters with designs and movesets that I like.
DoA is obviously connected to Ninja Gaiden tho.

From a gameplay pov and just wanting a fun character tho I'd like to see her be a dominatrix character like Ivy.
I think that it's a fun character design when they actually do something with it in the moveset too and make it revolve around it like they've done with Ivy in Soul Calibur. It just makes the character feel very unique in the roster, and dominating your opponent is a lot of fun imo.

Overall I understand that some people care more about the story etc in fighting games. I liked the Tekken 7 story because it had some over the top action moments and they hammed it up quite a bit.
I prefer it when they focus on just being fun and ridicilous.
The MKX and Injustice 2 story for example just put me to sleep they were so boring.

I just hope that Rachel has more of an original move set instead of copy pastes from the old Spartan character.
I actually like her move set in DoA5 tho, so I wouldn't be super bothered by it still if she plays like she did in DoA5.

Fightaro

Leifangs looks great!
Quite happy with it overall but not so sure about the color. Luckily there's colorswaps.
Altho I don't hate the color or anything, and I am just glad to see an outfit that isn't black or grey/ white by default.

TOBMAST3R

The thing with Rachel is I wonder If because she's from Ninja gaiden and has the iconic black leather outfit there If they'd feel like she needs to keep that as her default outfit if she returned in Doa6? If they don't know and do give her a new default outfit I agree to the casual idea, That black top and shirt she got in the dlc casual pack Is one of my favorite outfits for her.

Well, if TN really decides to not giving her the iconic Ninja Gaiden outfit as default, I would really recommend a new, crazy, heavy, detailed, maybe armored outfit that underlines her roots. A casual outfit wouldn't be the best fitting option imo. Later as DLC yes, but for a "revamp" or simply as a "Ticket for DOA6", they should create something that suits her personality and should mainly remind the players where she's coming from.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, if TN really decides to not giving her the iconic Ninja Gaiden outfit as default, I would really recommend a new, crazy, heavy, detailed, maybe armored outfit that underlines her roots. A casual outfit wouldn't be the best fitting option imo. Later as DLC yes, but for a "revamp" or simply as a "Ticket for DOA6", they should create something that suits her personality and should mainly remind the players where she's coming from.
I don't think they would touch Rachel's or Momiji's defaults much if they were added or give them anything new since they're from NG like Ryu and they never really change his main suit design aside from a few revamps. They might just make them wear the same thing since Hitomi's DOA5 silhouette shows she's wearing her old GI so a couple of characters may return with the same fighter outfits they've had before rather than give them a pure new costume

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Leifang might end up looking cool, I like her leggings and sneakers...but I am very disappointed that they, from what I can tell so far, literally ripped Hitomi's costume from DOA5. After this and Rig's costume I notice a worrying pattern...

For everyone worried about long, open hair in DOA6: Hitomi will also be the litmus test in that regard. Just a week more and we know. It doesn't look much improved either though...

Last edited:

Boogie

TN did say that only DOA character is returning and rachel/momiji is originally from NG.

Rachel and Momiji crossed over as regular DoA characters in DoA5 Ultimate. Evident when Momiji was a launch character in DoAX3, Rachel was on the character poll and both were included in DoA Infinite even tho DoA Infinite confirmed there would be 'no guest characters'

They are official DoA girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD