Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHH816

i think that TN are using this formula for the girls

if the girl have a sexy default costume, they will make it cool

if the girl have a cool default costume, they just leave it that way.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
i think that TN are using this formula for the girls

if the girl have a sexy default costume, they will make it cool

if the girl have a cool default costume, they just leave it that way.

Leifang's DOA5 cheongsam is as sexy as Helena's DOA6 cheongsam. By that logic they woud've kept it.
Hitomi's tank top and jeans costume in DOA5 is also not that sexy. Looks pretty "cool" to me:

dead_or_alive_5_hitomi_demo_by_armachamcorp-d6cxb8f.jpg

It looks as if Leifang's DOA6 default costume will be similarly revealing and formfitting.

HHH816

Rachel and Momiji crossed over as regular DoA characters in DoA5 Ultimate. Evident when Momiji was a launch character in DoAX3, Rachel was on the character poll and both were included in DoA Infinite even tho DoA Infinite confirmed there would be 'no guest characters'

They are official DoA girls.

yeah, but they both loosely affiliated with the DOA cannon, rachel were introduce in 2004 ninja gaiden but didn't make it to DOA3/4.
momiji in 2008 NG sigma and only introduced in DOA5 ultimate.

just_me

Standard Donor
Leifang looks pretty much as expected. I think I really like it, can't wait to figure out what's wrong with it on Twitter :p

Hitomi is a bit of a downer… was hoping they'd change the top (back) or something. I guess one could be really optimistic and assume her DoA6 design wasn't final at that point and they just used her DoA5 model as a fill-in, probably not though.

Leifang12

I am so excited to see Leifang again. But I am not usually into too sporty outfits, but I am still excited to see what it will look like :D

KnacKrover

I would be so pump if Leifang and Hitomi got serious, elegant and fierce action with BB and FR I'd definitely KO!

Onryoki

Standard Donor
TN did say that only DOA character is returning and rachel/momiji is originally from NG.
So is Ryu Hayabusa, your point? If they were guest characters why were they able to participate in the DOAX3 poll? Also if they were guest characters why didn’t TN refer to them as guests? They are DOA girls.

yeah, but they both loosely affiliated with the DOA cannon, rachel were introduce in 2004 ninja gaiden but didn't make it to DOA3/4.
momiji in 2008 NG sigma and only introduced in DOA5 ultimate.
Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Phase 4 were introduced in ultimate as well, obviously they don’t have a story yet, they were added post DOA5. Everyone who got added after vanilla has no story except Raidou.

HHH816

i meant every character introduce in DOA not in the other game. even Nyotengu, Marie Rose and Phase 4 is new character, it's first shown in DOA not any other game.plus i think we can skip NES ninja gaiden.

Leifang12

I really want Rachel and Momiji back! I think they really fit well into DOA!!! I loved playing as Rachel ! Marie Rose I really like as well. Honoka I really loath.

Nyu Tengu is cool, but I just don't see her as a serious "story" character. I see her more like a sidekick comic relief character and as an DAY 1 DLC option.

Jadeinchains

Leifang's is giving me vibes of Bruce Lee's jumpsuit, It's looking really nice. Hitomi's looks nice since I always liked the Gi outfit in doa5 anyway but It would have been nice for her C1 to have been something new.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They could've at least changed Hitomi's shirt color or something. I mean, damn.

Right? White shirt (or sports bra kinda thing actually) and white karate gi, also in another shade of white (basing this off her DOA5 costume, here we can't really tell yet), looks off. A black shirt/sports bra for example would've looked much better. It would've brought more contrast to the costume and it would've matched the black belt.

Boogie

Everyones outfits so far are based on what you'd probably see in a fighting tornament which is why everyone so far, with the exception of Rig and Diego, are rocking fight gear.

Leifangs is cute. Im surprised they incorporated sneaker wedges into one of her main designs. A fashion point for the design team.

RetroMe91

Diego’s outfit hypothetically makes sense for his street fighter style, so you could stretch as far to say that someone who fights in his style would show up to a tournament wearing that. Rig and Leifang could just be street and casual versions of their fighting styles. Leifang was kind of in need of a new redesign since she is falling off the popularity charts (as we saw with the poll for DOAX3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD