Limited Edition Ninja Gaiden 3 Will Include DOA5 Demo

Raansu

I misread the twitter. The announcement they made is only for the Japanese version atm and they will announce information for NA and EU later. I mistook that for something else earlier when I was talking to Rikuto. I was sort of distracted when I was reading it (SWTOR =P).

Doesn't necessarily mean NA/EU won't get the demo (we most likely will), but right now it's only confirmed for Japan.

ShinMaruku

Since I am a NG head I am so happy they did this. I think this is a brilliant bait. Let's hope NG3 is a AAA game.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, this is probably gonna be my first NG game. Let's hope it isn't gonna be shit, because I got high standards.

Na, I kid, I only played DMC.

Raansu

Well, this is probably gonna be my first NG game. Let's hope it isn't gonna be shit, because I got high standards.

Na, I kid, I only played DMC.

I played NG3 a few months back and it was alright. The whole "bone cutting" thing was really annoying and so was the climbing up the wall by tapping the triggers (what was wrong with the old school jumping up the walls?) but for the most part it was still NG and it was still fun. NG1 is still the best imo though. NG2 was so broken it was just terrible.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ugh... I haven't bought a Ninja Gaiden new-gen game since NG Black (and that was used!). Since this is apparently the alpha version of the game, I'm going to expect it to not have a lot of the full features that will be in the game later. For that reason I'm going to hope one of my locals pick it up (Ben?).

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yup, I think I was the only person who played that game and good god, it's like playing a DMC game with you thumbs hammered onto the sticks.

And to make things worse, the demo included in the game was pretty much useless because T5 was going to come out in a few weeks after that anyway.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
oh man. you know what sucks is, I fully realize that the build we're getting for the demo is probably going to be ass with mostly leftover doa 4 mechanics... but i so don't care right now.

I wanna play that fuckin level.

The HuBBs

This just hit facebook from TN

"Team NINJA has also prepared a special downloadable stage from DEAD OR ALIVE 5 for those who preorder NINJA GAIDEN 3."

Game Over

the only thing Im not liking abot all of this is If NG3 hits in March and we are only getting a alpha build. 1 either the game we get will be far behind the current at time build if they are trying for a 2012 winter release. Or 2 its current build and still trying for that 2012 relese

Demos typically are never up to date with the game code outside of some special event builds (E3, TGS, etc). I remember reading somewhere that game code in demos is typically 3 (or more) months outdated.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I believe i mentiond that on a podcast. Generally speaking, a demo build is branched off of the core code at some point as they close it off to be a demo. So many issue fixes or features that are added to the core code aren't applied to the branched code. It's just a general method in the industry so Team NINJA may or may not do it that way.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This will be interesting. I like the Ninja Gaiden series so this is a bonus for me.

DrDogg

While I'm interested in playing DOA5, I expect the demo build to be very close to what was played at the SF event (if not the exact same build). No online play, and probably code that's nearly a year away from final... awesome for the average person, and a great way for fans to get some game time in well before the release, but please don't pick this thing apart and start calling for changes. As others have stated, it's probably better to call the demo DOA4.5 rather than DOA5. A ton of stuff will change, especially from the view of a competitive DOA player.

When I played DOA4 at TGS and the 360 launch press briefing, the build was maybe 2-3 months away from final and it was like a completely different game compared to what we actually got at retail.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Assuming you meant doa 4, but yea I know exactly what you mean on a very painful level.

Mainly the thing I want out of this demo is to see how they are treating the environmental hazards, and how easy it will be to juggle off of those explosive walls in a worst-case-scenario camera nightmare.

Even if its not up to date, feedback's gota start somewhere.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
While I'm interested in playing DOA5, I expect the demo build to be very close to what was played at the SF event (if not the exact same build). No online play, and probably code that's nearly a year away from final... a great way for fans to get some game time in well before the release, but please don't pick this thing apart and start calling for changes.
Why not? Getting a playable version of the game is the best way to break it down and give Team Ninja proper feedback on what is and isn't working. This would be the best way to make sure we do get a great final game, not to sit idly by and hope things work out. The current Team Ninja has shown us that they don't really understand what we want in a fighting game and there's no shame in asking for getting help from the community. What's bad is having people reach out to you and ignoring them.

It's just unfortunate that we have to wait three months to play such an early build since they will have put a lot of development time into the final game that won't be reflected in the build we'll have access to.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well it's... ah, there is logic to what Drdogg is trying to say with that. So many things will have changed between the demo and the active test build. So if players start bitching about one thing, something else might have already changed to have made it a non-issue, but team ninja starts getting sensitive about the feedback and fixes it anyway, thus creating another imbalance.

Then again, if the issue is something as isolated as, say, "the camera sucks. Stop making it fly around the person after they hit the wall, its disorienting and makes me drop juggles" well, that kind of feedback is probably more than appropriate, even if its outdated. They will at least know what NOT to do.

The thing is though, if we hadn't been pre-emptively pushing them so bloody hard we probably never would've seen half the system changes we got. We are kind of in "attack attack attack" mode, and it's really hard to stop that cycle until we see enough that will satisfy us. Otherwise we're just going on faith, and that's really hard to do with team ninja.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I understand what Dr. Dogg is trying to say and it's that we not harrass Team Ninja with "This sucks, this sucks, you suck, etc." That's not the intent with getting good people to play the game early, it's to get relevent impressions so that the final game doesn't suck.

westtrade

Well I put DOA 2 in the Naomi last night, turned on the cab and played it a bit. I had forgotten how much fun a DOA game can be. I hope DOA 5 is good game, If it is you can be sure I will spend a good deal or time with it. The Demo will tell me much of where the Devs are taking this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD