Limited Edition Ninja Gaiden 3 Will Include DOA5 Demo

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Not exactly correct.

Regular edition contains nothing.

Limited edition (which is the same price as the regular edition but must be pre-ordered) comes with 2 characters.

Collectors edition, which is $100, comes with all 4 chars.

So either pre-order the limited edition or the collectors edition. if you just stroll into a gamestop, unless they havnt sold out of LE's you'll be shit out of luck.

H2OEvil

thats pretttttttyy stupid, you're spending 40 dollars on a demo pretty much.. for 2 characters and prob an extra 70 for 4.. so yeah.. deff not worth it anymore, ill just wait

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Not sure how you're working your math evil.

You'd be paying the same price for any other new game. You're buying NG3, not a demo. the demo just happens to come with it lol.

If you decide to get the $100 version instead of the $60 version, you're also getting a bunch of other assorted ninja gaiden crap, along with the extra two characters.

If you have no interest in ninja gaiden, then yes I can see how it would be annoying, but lets not remove the value of the game itself from the equation :p

After all, you could always ebay the copy once you've used your voucher. I'm sure you'd still get more than if you attempted to trade it in at a gamestop.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Why would I be defensive about a demo? I'm not even optimistic about it. It's using what most of us believe is a terrible build of the game.

If i'm being defensive about anything it's NG3 itself, and even when I know for a fact isn't going to be as good as its predecessors it still whups the shit out of DMC and GoW.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Why would I be defensive about a demo? I'm not even optimistic about it. It's using what most of us believe is a terrible build of the game.

Since it's a downloadable demo redeemable through card code, I can say that I have some confidence in the demo being different from the press-only demo earlier. At the very least we'll have some display of tweaks they have been working on for the engine.

And if it doesn't have the tweaks they've been working on, well it will certainly be funny to look back at the demo once the game comes out. Hopefully it would just be an inverse of X05 and DOA4's release.

Raansu

Go play NGB and tell me that.

They are 2 very different games imo. DMC is mostly about style while doing twitch combos on lifeless enemies that swing at you once in a blue moon, while NG is just pretty much finding the best way to kill your enemy. Personally I like DMC3 more than all the NG games, but Ninja Theory is making a mockery of the DMC series with their reboot. It makes me cry at night.

Game Over

They are 2 very different games imo. DMC is mostly about style while doing twitch combos on lifeless enemies that swing at you once in a blue moon, while NG is just pretty much finding the best way to kill your enemy. Personally I like DMC3 more than all the NG games, but Ninja Theory is making a mockery of the DMC series with their reboot. It makes me cry at night.

Don't cry. I hear there is an Ong Bak game in the works. Hopefully, it builds on this engine:

Berzerk!

NG is far better than all other action games in my opinion for many reasons including the above. Sadly I also still rank NGB as the best, but NG2 and Sigma/2 were both more engaging purely for its exemplary combat than other games.
The only game to come close is Bayonetta in that it combined insane, whacky mass enemy scenarios but coupled it with enough satisfying challenge in having to think through how to engage certain enemies.
What NG needs to do is bring in a bit more exploration and world building to feel more completely fleshed out. In that sense I have some hope for NG3. And NG3's multiplayer actually looks awesome.

Plus DOA demo!!

Megawarrior

Go play NGB and tell me that.
I think Bayonetta is better than both NG and DMC even though I'm a huge fan of both NG and DMC (except 2 fuck that shit)

The story sucks balls but the combat is godly. They need to make a sequel.

Ninja Gaiden Black is the best Ninja Gaiden hands down. With Ninja Gaiden Sigma right behind it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
NG is far better than all other action games in my opinion for many reasons including the above. Sadly I also still rank NGB as the best, but NG2 and Sigma/2 were both more engaging purely for its exemplary combat than other games.
The only game to come close is Bayonetta in that it combined insane, whacky mass enemy scenarios but coupled it with enough satisfying challenge in having to think through how to engage certain enemies.
What NG needs to do is bring in a bit more exploration and world building to feel more completely fleshed out. In that sense I have some hope for NG3. And NG3's multiplayer actually looks awesome.

Plus DOA demo!!
This.

TRI Mike

I want to buy the collector's edition but I have a little problem. I do not live in a country with Gamestop on it but I do have an American credit card. Do you guys think I'll be able to buy the thing with that card even if the billing address is not in the US¿

Raansu

I want to buy the collector's edition but I have a little problem. I do not live in a country with Gamestop on it but I do have an American credit card. Do you guys think I'll be able to buy the thing with that card even if the billing address is not in the US¿

You might get flagged unless you call them first and tell them and if you do get flagged just call the CC company and authorize it. I used mine all the time living overseas, but I had an APO/Military address to deliver to. I dunno what your situation is, but I'm sure gamestop doesn't deliver overseas (outside of APO/FPO) unless you use a forwarding address company that you can ship to who will then ship it to you to an overseas address.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm sure they're have the collector's edition of NG3 in other countries as well, it's just a matter of time before they get announced is all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD