DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeincarnated

If this game was for the Hardcore fanbase they would be working on gameplay improvements, not on "soft engine" breast physics and topless pre-order costumes.
I thought I was a hardcore gamer, till I realized I am not. I just enjoy the game to have fun, not brag about competition. That's just absurd.

DyByHands

This game is for the Hardcore fanbase it's straight forward for anyone willing to look up the info.
*Looks to my TN collection* Yes. And it's still confusing as hell. What is straight forward about this?

If you mean hardcore by like tourney players, then that statement still doesn't make sense to me.

David Gregg

Crap I missed a lot. The only thing I took away from this is no Aerial Gardens. :( And even though I'm getting the PS4 version I think it's retarded that they're making PS3/360 players buy a new game and NOT include new stages. Way to treat your fanbase TN who have stayed loyal to you for these past couple of years...

Argentus

Still really frustrated at the way I submitted. Original was best but wound up going with second because I realize I needed to invert underqeqr colors, and add gloves. But its really hard to edit colored pencil so did second, which didn't show off the costume as well :(

1956721_1428211807429210_943406745411172618_o.jpg

10010380_1430948640488860_759946215519061697_o.jpg
Would a done better if id stuck with original submission but that underwear bigger the hell out of me lol.

Though odds are Mila is going to get one of these instead
10155045_10203590520745764_7180608365358725583_n.jpg

10155779_10203644306210367_8678101748551618557_n.jpg

10245307_10203590494425106_3749519110293750272_n.jpg
Which do you think it will be?

werewolfgold

Crap I missed a lot. The only thing I took away from this is no Aerial Gardens. :( And even though I'm getting the PS4 version I think it's retarded that they're making PS3/360 players buy a new game and NOT include new stages. Way to treat your fanbase TN who have stayed loyal to you for these past couple of years...
Well...technically they're not making you buy a new game...

just_me

Standard Donor

Well it's not really a new game... the 1.10 update is just named Last Round (still fail to see why the could not include at least the stages... I guess it might be true that there are not enough button combinations to choose all the hair options for certain chars, dare say it would have been possible to include that additional UI window as well)

They probably expect most people that already have the game to upgrade from 5U and just buy the new stuff as DLC and only new players are supposed to buy the 5LR retail/digital version.

Wonder what happens, if I switch from the full version of 5U (Ps3) to the Core Fighters version on next/current gen(PS4)... will all the chars carry over? I guess they should, but who knows...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I thought I was a hardcore gamer, till I realized I am not. I just enjoy the game to have fun, not brag about competition. That's just absurd.

He simply said that Team NINJA should be working less on outfits (which are already pretty much topless, making these outfits completely irrelevant), and boob physics and work harder on balancing things we have been complaining about mechanically since Ultimate's release:

The ground game, the weight class, the tier list... I mean lots of things really do need some fine-tuning and we've heard nothing on that. I mean at TFC I expected to see a demonstration of balance changes while all the best DOA players had the chance to show us these changes, maybe a character reveal or something to show the masses of DOA players watching the year's biggest DOA event, but no they were treated to a demo with next to nothing new to see, and no balance changes AT ALL.

Now, they are releasing different skews on nearly every different platform, with a different approach to F2P, that isn't F2P, no stages for older versions. Why is beyond me. It's bad enough they aren't getting the particle effects, and the penguins, but now nothing for them but balance arrangements that could potentially put the game in a worse state than we have come to expect.

If Team NINJA showed us some direction at TFC on where they were wanting to go, we would have time to approve or submit feedback displaying what we don't like in a time consuming structure that shows we care as DOA players. Is it wrong for us to say that the feeling doesn't seem mutual?

DOA is a broken game to some regard, heavy characters are more screwed than not, the balance is somewhat confusing, and DOA is already a fairly complex game (for being called simple all the time) without all these troubling problems.

Now Last Round is creating too many questions... the top one on my list is Why no gameplay balance updates? The second, what deems this worth $30-40 when we are pretty much confirmed at two stages (weak) two characters (fine) and a trail of more overpriced exploitative DLC?

Now you tell me, how are you having fun, and why do you deem yourself hardcore if you don't care about the bigger picture and are willing to just deal with it so you can have fun? The hardcore players are currently being shammed, while the players that don't put in nearly as many hours are being catered to.

Last edited:

David Gregg

Well...technically they're not making you buy a new game...

Well it's not really a new game... the 1.10 update is just named Last Round (still fail to see why the could not include at least the stages... I guess it might be true that there are not enough button combinations to choose all the hair options for certain chars, dare say it would have been possible to include that additional UI window as well)

They probably expect most people that already have the game to upgrade from 5U and just buy the new stuff as DLC and only new players are supposed to buy the 5LR retail/digital version.

They're not making you buy a new game because they didn't give you the option to buy a new game (what you get to buy is a half-assed update though). If you think it's okay for them to have kept last gen players in the dark this whole time and then mention out of the blue "Oh btw ur not getting new stages XP" then you're either getting the current gen version or you're trying to justify TN's wrong actions. I however feel bad for you PS3/360 players b/c they literally took away 50% of LR for you. Literally...the new actual content only consists of 2 stages and 2 fighters.

Hairstyles, customization, etc... are fine to be exclusive but stages actually change the game and are going to make offline events very messy when half of the players never fought on the new stages before...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
1956721_1428211807429210_943406745411172618_o.jpg

10010380_1430948640488860_759946215519061697_o.jpg
Would a done better if id stuck with original submission but that underwear bigger the hell out of me lol.

Though odds are Mila is going to get one of these instead
10155045_10203590520745764_7180608365358725583_n.jpg

10155779_10203644306210367_8678101748551618557_n.jpg

10245307_10203590494425106_3749519110293750272_n.jpg
Which do you think it will be?

Very difficult to guess... :/ Team Ninja's picks seem sometimes pretty random to me. When it's about, what costumes suit her best, it would be imho Military Mila and your design. Unfortunately your design relies heavily on Mila sporting blue hair. Overall Team Ninja seems pretty reluctant to change hair for a costume. Only in very few cases they actually did. And neon blue is quite the change...
But they might also just go for the sexiest design, what they also often did. That would be Aerobics Mila. Hotpants Mila is too close to Overall DLC Mila, I think.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hairstyles, customization, etc... are fine to be exclusive but stages actually change the game and are going to make offline events very messy when half of the players never used the new stages before and don't have current gen controllers
Fixed.

I've said it before: this whole thing seems like it will be somewhat more than problematic for the offline scene, which is already fragmented. Making so many versions of the same game so frequently on so many different platforms is just not good for the competitive community. And now they reward dedicated players who bought each release by not giving them certain aesthetics and stages for no other reason than "We want you to keep buying stuff from us that you can't afford so that you can keep playing a game you've already purchased three times over."

So PS3 players are now being prompted to move to a PS4, which they can't afford, to buy not only the console but also the same exact game over again and now have to pay for online functionality (which they didn't have to do before) for... two new stages? For bouncier breasts?

Argentus

Very difficult to guess... :/ Team Ninja's picks seem sometimes pretty random to me. When it's about, what costumes suit her best, it would be imho Military Mila and your design. Unfortunately your design relies heavily on Mila sporting blue hair. Overall Team Ninja seems pretty reluctant to change hair for a costume. Only in very few cases they actually did. And neon blue is quite the change...
But they might also just go for the sexiest design, what they also often did. That would be Aerobics Mila. Hotpants Mila is too close to Overall DLC Mila, I think.
Um....if they went military I wish they'd use the other one with pants and hat.

On mine...dunno if it actually needs the blue hair or not. Could work without but not the same

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I wonder, in case that new hairstyle belongs to that costume (which doesn't fit at all imho), if the people on Xbox360 and PS3 will get that hairstyle only for that costume too or if Mila will have her normal hair with that costume...

It's somehow so weird, that they won't bring the hairstyles to the older systems... x__X

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD