DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

I think the important thing to remember is that this was a competition that had a ton of great designs but unfortunately TN is only picking one for each character (as far as we know).

As much as we wish certain entries were picked over others let's refrain from being too harsh of other artists' work especially when they put a lot of time and effort into it and are probably really excited to see their outfit in the game.

Darkton93

So, I leave for a second, what did I missRAGE RAGE RAGE TN HATES FANS NO BLUE HAIR MILA NO ZACK COSTUME I'M LEAVING *gasp* FOREEEEEEVEEEEEEER HAWHEEHAWHEEHAWHEEHAW!!!

Wow. This thread quickly deteriorated. This community has become nothing more than a cesspool of hatred and rage. Calling community strike number two.

I need to find a new DOA board.

squarewindow

Standard Donor
I think the important thing to remember is that this was a competition that had a ton of great designs but unfortunately TN is only picking one for each character (as far as we know).

As much as we wish certain entries were picked over others let's refrain from being too harsh of other artists' work especially when they put a lot of time and effort into it and are probably really excited to see their outfit in the game.
Fair comment but I'm sure if an artist actually got their design into the game then they wouldn't give a damn what I or anyone else think of their costume. My point was more against the voters who weren't able to distinguish good art from good costume design really. Just my opinion anyway.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, I leave for a second, what did I missRAGE RAGE RAGE TN HATES FANS NO BLUE HAIR MILA NO ZACK COSTUME I'M LEAVING *gasp* FOREEEEEEVEEEEEEER HAWHEEHAWHEEHAWHEEHAW!!!

Wow. This thread quickly deteriorated. This community has become nothing more than a cesspool of hatred and rage. Calling community strike number two.

I need to find a new DOA board.

Erm... I think, you are blowing the pretty reasonable display of disappointment of some in here just a tiny bit out of proportion... >__>
It's you, who is all like...
I'M LEAVING *gasp* FOREEEEEEVEEEEEEER HAWHEEHAWHEEHAWHEEHAW!!!
right now...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Quoting a Gamespot User:

"Did he really say there is really no difference between ps3-xbox360/ ps4- xbox one versions?"

What are we paying for? If two characters and two stages... I would bring that price down significantly and not even have a retail release, because that little of content doesn't warrant that kind of purchase. He was quicker to point out that they would continue to support the game with DLC, so obviously we're going to be paying EVEN MORE money than this unfair retail price.

And instead of just having all costumes for shelling out that kind of money, we have to transfer all the DLC. So it's not even like the Injustice release on PS4.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Last gen doesn't get the new stages
Ld42tWz.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Fair comment but I'm sure if an artist actually got their design into the game then they wouldn't give a damn what I or anyone else think of their costume. My point was more against the voters who weren't able to distinguish good art from good costume design really. Just my opinion anyway.

I agree, but apparently the votes don't matter much for the recreated costumes of both the costume contests anyway. Most recreated costumes were actually not part of the top ten or even the top voted costume for a character.

just_me

Standard Donor
They aren't.

They messed with the properties of Kasumi's 66PP in the current build, no?
So they obviously do some things... if it's for the better remains to be seen.

Honestly don't know why people think Hayashi would talk about anything gameplay related (to the average game journalist at that), or that the community should be actively involved in balancing (or asked for approval)...
Too lazy to look up the proper equivalent of "Zu viele Köche verderben den Brei", so let's just go with "too many cooks spoil the soup" guess you should still get the basic idea... well you don't even add cooks, just people that "consume food", doesn't make it better though.

The only gameplay related information pre 5U release that I remember was:
  • there are powerblows
  • a trailer with a few new moves (and not even all of them made it into the final build)
currently we have:
  • there are "Power bounces" on Dangerzone...
so we are not that far off :p

There is more than enough time to bitch about the gameplay once the game is out... no reason to start now XD

Still think it's lame that the last gen does not get the new stages, or that they do not even bother with high-res textures for the current gen versions...

David Gregg

I'm actually surprised they've already revealed contest outfits for over 1/3 of the fighters. I wonder if they plan on showing all of them at this point.

Also do you guys think they'll give Nyo and the 2 new characters outfits from the 1st contest as well?

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly don't know why people think Hayashi would talk about anything gameplay related (to the average game journalist at that), or that the community should be actively involved in balancing (or asked for approval)...
Not a matter of Hayashi talking about it. It's a matter of it being in there. 5U's earliest trailers displayed new characters, new system mechanics, new moves, new move properties, etc. 5LR's show nothing, and those who played the build at TFC confirmed there basically are no gameplay developments. It's just 5U with new lifebars.

or that the community should be actively involved in balancing (or asked for approval)...
Assuming for a minute that the community shouldn't be involved in balancing (which is very complicated), that's no excuse not for them to do or show anything. If they truly believe that the game's mechanics and balancing are perfect as is:
1) They're wrong
2) They shouldn't be trying to sell us a new game that is literally just the old game with no changes

The only gameplay related information pre 5U release that I remember was:
  • there are powerblows
  • a trailer with a few new moves (and not even all of them made it into the final build)
Let's see what I remember form pre-5U:

-Power Launchers
-Bounds
-Reworking ground game system
-5 new stages
-5 new characters
For Ryu:
-New tracking mid two-in-one
-New tracking gap-closer
-Completely different moves for PP4PK, 4PK and 3H+K inputs
-Completely re-tooled functionality on 9K
-Brand new low throw

Keep in mind that's mostly just notes pertaining to one character.
so we are not that far off :p
Let's compare the above to what I can say about 5LR

-2 new (unrevealed) characters
-2 new stages
For Ryu
-nothing

"We are not that far off?" eh?

Yeah, we are that far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD