DOA5LR List of New Content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

human013

If one was to buy a disk version from japan for ps3, would it have everything that's in the ps4 version? Including stages etc?

CFW

Quoting a Gamespot User:

"Did he really say there is really no difference between ps3-xbox360/ ps4- xbox one versions?"

This was the part of the video that made me have to rewatch what he said. And I cannot believe he said that??? Like, that's not something you say when you're trying to sell an updated product on the new/current gen at all. Not good marketing.

Brute

Standard Donor
Has anyone noticed that Hayabusa seems to have a red scarf or cape on his new costume?

image.jpg

Anyway, Eclipse Scythe, Lunar Staff, Kusari-gama and Falcon's Talons all confirmed. Seems they're all first iterations except for the Lunar Staff which is the final evolution in Black (I believe it was rank 2 in NG2?).

I wonder if the Talons will be on both hands and his feet, or just on the right arm?

Argentus

Those games are incredible. XD Your design reminds me of Jack who is one of my favorite characters.

tumblr_m1zb4plZRq1qeeupdo1_400.jpg
Lol I was kinda inspired by Wolverine as Death
402261-169576-wolverine.JPG

But now I can't under jack either.

I think I might be the only one that likes Mila's new outfit.
Yes.

Its honestly that I hate mila in daisy dukes. I'm okay with the rest of it. Put pants on and I would a loved it.

David Gregg

Has anyone noticed that Hayabusa seems to have a red scarf or cape on his new costume?

image.jpg

I didn't notice it before but you're right. Also those claws are going to extend your reach tremendously (I'm kidding but it will make photo mode more entertaining when you can make his claws pierce enemies Wolverine-style). XD

Aerospark

Standard Donor
The words "Hayate", "being in" and "Ninja Gaiden 4" in the same sentence being used together frighten me for various reasons

Xhominid The Demon Within

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/dead-or-alive-5-133878.1640.html

I found the person who made the Hayate costume that made it in. If you want to give him congrats, go make an account and do so.

I just want to know...
..how did we go from THIS

Milaconcept1.jpg

Milaconcept2.jpg

Milaconcept4.jpg

Milaconcept5.jpg

To THIS?!

10245307_10203590494425106_3749519110293750272_n.jpg

mela-png.7842

The latter seems like a completely different character, especially with the submission art, and it makes me wonder if they even knew who the character was, or if they just drew a cute redhead and wanted to submit it.

You can say that about the Soul Calibur females in general, but I don't see the issue as hard as you do, the costume still looks nice anyways so I guess it's just you sadly.

just_me

Standard Donor
Not a matter of Hayashi talking about it. It's a matter of it being in there. 5U's earliest trailers displayed new characters, new system mechanics, new moves, new move properties, etc. 5LR's show nothing, and those who played the build at TFC confirmed there basically are no gameplay developments. It's just 5U with new lifebars.

The first (and last?) trailer for 5U was released like 2.5 months before the release... the first LR trailer came out 5.5 months prior to it's release. That one trailer basically previewed all the new features... obviously not the case this time.
Don't think there was a single bound in the trailer (either version) and definitely no hint at the changed ground game, nor could you make out any of the Ryu changes you mentioned (except that there is a new move... was used in a Juggle right next to a wall tho, so no proof of any of it's properties, Izuna off the cliff could be the low hold as well)
Could only see that in gameplay vids that came out closer to 5U's release than we are right now to LR's.

Assuming for a minute that the community shouldn't be involved in balancing (which is very complicated), that's no excuse not for them to do or show anything. If they truly believe that the game's mechanics and balancing are perfect as is:
1) They're wrong
2) They shouldn't be trying to sell us a new game that is literally just the old game with no changes

Not saying they should not consider feedback... that is not active involvement as far as I'm concerned.
Pretty sure they took notes regarding the death combos on dangerzone, however seems like no one here is sitting at TNs round table and can decide how they will deal with that.

You can most probably still complain about the lack of gameplay changes 1 month prior to release, little early right now imo.. benefit of the doubt and so on (since it seems the actually started changing some stuff...)

Well and at least there is a (free-ish) upgrade to LR this time... improvement over the 5U release at least. Lack of new stages for last gen still sucks though.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not really seeing it as an improvement really, Tom Lee himself said the graphics aren't that much of an improvement (and I agree to an extent) and he also said no new story, just two bloody stages and then the two characters.

This could just be added as DLC for Ultimate lol. Instead we're paying a big price for the opportunity to spend more money days later on dlc.

Having death combos on Danger Zone is fine. That's the mentality you need to think with on that stage, to kill off your opponent as quickly as possible.

It's a bad deal for the fans and there is really no way to mince it.

Argentus

I'm not really seeing it as an improvement really, Tom Lee himself said the graphics aren't that much of an improvement (and I agree to an extent) and he also said no new story, just two bloody stages and then the two characters.

This could just be added as DLC for Ultimate lol. Instead we're paying a big price for the opportunity to spend more money days later on dlc.

Having death combos on Danger Zone is fine. That's the mentality you need to think with on that stage, to kill off your opponent as quickly as possible.

It's a bad deal for the fans and there is really no way to mince it.
This is why I'm going at it with the same mentality as I did with Ultimate. I already know I'm just gonna get the free version, because what should have been a patch isn't worth 40-60 bucks, as with Ultimate.

Now I am waiting to see if they'll even get a dime from me. Otherwise, its just a free update for me.

Keylay

The first (and last?) trailer for 5U was released like 2.5 months before the release... the first LR trailer came out 5.5 months prior to it's release. That one trailer basically previewed all the new features... obviously not the case this time.
Don't think there was a single bound in the trailer (either version) and definitely no hint at the changed ground game, nor could you make out any of the Ryu changes you mentioned (except that there is a new move... was used in a Juggle right next to a wall tho, so no proof of any of it's properties, Izuna off the cliff could be the low hold as well)
Could only see that in gameplay vids that came out closer to 5U's release than we are right now to LR's.

Thee first DOA5U trailer came out 6 months before release. It showed off a new character (Momiji), new stage, new moves for Kasumi, and it showed of a bound. I hope we get more changes in DOA5LR but it doesn't look good.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Exactly, why is there nothing to be shown, and why is Team NINJA not taking our feedback seriously this late in the game?

Brute

Standard Donor
The first trailer for 5U with gameplay shown was released in May, roughly 4 months before the game was released.
It showed gameplay of a new character (Momiji) fighting Kasumi (with a new move, her reset throw), and first revealed that there would be a bound system (seen after Kasumi's 66KK on threshold). It showed gameplay of a new stage and a teaser shot of a second new character and a second new stage. You can view the trailer in question (along with it's upload date) here.

Thee first DOA5U trailer came out 6 months before release. It showed off a new character (Momiji), new stage, new moves for Kasumi, and it showed of a bound. I hope we get more changes in DOA5LR but it doesn't look good.
Damnit, Keylay ninja'd me, ahaha

AsheMann21

Ultimate had 5 characters and 5 new stages upon debut, whereas for its debut, Last Round will have 2 new characters and 2 (so far) stages. What I'm thinking is since there are 4 months left until release, they might show a new character every month until February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD