Longer DOA5 Pre-Alpha Trailer Soon!

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Just an hour ago, Team Ninja tweeted the following:

この「DEAD OR ALIVE 5」のティザー映像は全体から切り出した「ショートバージョン」です。実際に下層での闘いも描いた「フルバージョン」を近々公開予定です!

It basically says that the DOA5 "short version" teaser was cut from a whole. The fight will be shown in a "full version" soon.

teamninjtweet09262011.png

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
They Tweeted some more:

http://twitter.com/#!/TeamNINJAStudio/status/118236549673525248
You all saw the DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TGS gameplay video, right? If not, check it out. We'll release the full version soon!

http://twitter.com/#!/TeamNINJAStudio/status/118236961340260352
Watch as Ryu Hayabusa and Hayate finish the fight on the lower part of the stage! #deadoralivegame

http://twitter.com/#!/TeamNINJAStudio/status/118263869562028033
「DEAD OR ALIVE 5」の映像の中で、リュウ・ハヤブサが敵を上空にうちあげて地面に叩き付ける技の名前は「飯綱落とし(いずなおとし)」。ハヤブサの代表的な技です。「NINJA GAIDEN 3」でも勿論、使えます。ちなみに英語名は「Izuna drop」

Hooray, more Izuna drop goodness. =\

I wonder what "soon" means.
Before long.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Awww, that's just Grap3 for ya.

Grap3 has always been a staunch defender of all that is holy and good, he's more then earned the right to be a little abrasive when he feels like it.

Plus, he does a shitload of modding work for the community that is very under appreciated, so yea. We like the guy.

Don't take it the wrong way, he just has a habit of answering sarcasm with sarcasm, and attitude with attitude.

MeanMrMustard

I know how he is, I guess you guys forgot who I was. I'm not just some new guy =p

Still, there was no need to be a smart ass there when I am just trying to spark some discussion on the topic at hand.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Still, there was no need to be a smart ass there when I am just trying to spark some discussion on the topic at hand.
Ehhh, I wasn't really being a smartass. You just kind of have to know me but I was just teasing. Giving a dumb question an even dumber response. It's sort of my style of humor.

Now, I'm not calling your question "dumb" per se, it's just kind of rhetorical and can't be answered by anyone here so my response was equally useless and purposely missing the point. Again, just my sense of humor and I didn't mean to offend.

Your response made me legitimately laugh and the grap3 defense force even more-so.

Plus, he does a shitload of modding work for the community that is very under appreciated, so yea. We like the guy.
I honestly haven't contributed much, I've just kind of been the face of said community but thanks.

Don't take it the wrong way, he just has a habit of answering sarcasm with sarcasm, and attitude with attitude.
Yeah, this basically.

Back to the topic at hand gentlemen.

MeanMrMustard

Ok then, I just think it's common sense to not be a smart ass in text to someone you don't really know, but i appreciate the mature reply. It wasn't a question meant to be answered by someone here but since the topic seemed pretty dead I thought I'd at least throw something out there for people to speculate on.

Oh btw this is Jared, in case you guys didn't know. Sorry to get your guys' hopes up that a new person joined the community. XD

Anyway, I'm eager to see how the fight continues on the street level. Maybe it'll give us more of a glimpse of these interactive and "entertaining" stages. I just hope nobody gets hit by, or has to counter a car.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-Seeing the rest of the bout could sway opinions about this "new" direction they are heading.

Raansu

Soooo the QTE theory seems to be thrown out the window. This is more along the lines of a ringout it seems. Me no like.

Edit:
Either Ryu's nin teleport got faster, or they turned it into some type of parry.

Edit 2:
Ryu does a chargup to KO Hayate. So are these things finishers or supers or some kind of cinematic ending after you deplete their health or what? Regardless, I'm hating what I'm seeing.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Im not.

Way too many unanswered questions here, im not throwing myself in a tissy over the great unknown.

Still. . . damn thats fuckin stylish.

I hope they can give bayman something half as badass. . .

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
i know a certain bitch who's got an arm breaking coming for a long time.

Anyway, there is one thing certain with all this VERY CLEARLY TRIGGERED environmental badassery going on.

This game is not doa 3, and it is not doa 4, movelists be damned.

Even though these cinematic sequnces look cool, they remind me of sf4's revenge moves.

Man everyone keeps saying that. I just don't see it.

In both cases the opponent had to be specifically positioned against a hazard. Revenge bullshit can happen anywhere, right?

Anyway, I'm just way too optimistic for this right now. There is so much about this that is better then DOA 4 it hurts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD