Longer DOA5 Pre-Alpha Trailer Soon!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea, I'm thinking this is more along the lines of "charge up against certain hazard" type moves.

Hayashi was saying something about characters taking advantage of certain environments in unique ways, and now it totally clicks.

jonosono

Standard Donor
Anyway, I'm just way too optimistic for this right now. There is so much about this that is better then DOA 4 it hurts.

This pre alpha stuff looks great. I don't particularly like how the game speed seems slowed down from 4, but I'm also optimistic about 5. Cautiously optimistic.

jonosono

Standard Donor
Personally, I think it looks great. Team Ninja showed of a pre alpha build of their game, so I'm keeping things superficial. It looks good. Really good. Hopefully they keep us in the loop with the other builds while they work on and tweak the gameplay.

Raansu

This pre alpha stuff looks great. I don't particularly like how the game speed seems slowed down from 4, but I'm also optimistic about 5. Cautiously optimistic.

The very first time I watched the trailer I felt that way as well. But the more I watch it, the more it feels about the same pace as doa3.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You've lost me sir. All I've seen is DOA4/D in this trailer. Care to elaborate?

In DOA 4 what are my options to kill people? strategically, I mean, and when im not just humping the triangle system?

This game clearly has some environmental strategies to play off of that are not just random bullshit. juggles off of exploding surfaces, character/stage specific (finisher? or just special?) moves... all of which seems pre-determined and triggerable in a controlled manner.

most importantly, once you're into that shit, it seems to me you're into it. Aint no countering outa that...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Would someone care to mention that the full trailer is up now? Available here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-tgs-dead-or/721700

I had no idea what Rikuto was talking about when I wrote that response. The environmental stuff looks nice and interesting but... I still see all of DOA4s flaws when I watch the trailer. I want to be excited but I can't be.

I watch that trailer and I think about what Perfect Legend was talking on the podcast about he thinks about with Team Ninja and DOA4; they "want you to string-trade. You do a string, okay, now I do mine," etc. I see that same exact thing here and I see all other flaws and I can't get excited.

Ryu got knocked into the wall and stuck to it DOA2 style but was that because of the distance or what? I'm at work and I can't really watch the thing over and over to get a good look into it.

R4712-VR88

I still see all of DOA4s flaws when I watch the trailer. I want to be excited but I can't be.

It's still just a pre-alpha build. This video is just to show its looks and environmental use. The core gameplay will be dramatically changed alot. It's too early to call Team NINJA a failure as the game it still in development and we still have chances to get the gameplay how it needs to be via connections with them.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Would someone care to mention that the full trailer is up now? Available here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-tgs-dead-or/721700

I had no idea what Rikuto was talking about when I wrote that response. The environmental stuff looks nice and interesting but... I still see all of DOA4s flaws when I watch the trailer. I want to be excited but I can't be.

I watch that trailer and I think about what Perfect Legend was talking on the podcast about he thinks about with Team Ninja and DOA4; they "want you to string-trade. You do a string, okay, now I do mine," etc. I see that same exact thing here and I see all other flaws and I can't get excited.

Ryu got knocked into the wall and stuck to it DOA2 style but was that because of the distance or what? I'm at work and I can't really watch the thing over and over to get a good look into it.

You can't not be optimistic.

Even with the string trade bullshit. Why?

Because there is a way to KILL PEOPLE that doesn't rely 100% on that retarded triangle system. You have no idea how huge that is to people like me who actually played that god awful game 20,000 matches online trying to find something... anything in the game...

And this is it. This is that THING.

This alone changes everything. If they fix the rest of the game at the same time, great.

Raansu

Umm I did mention it >_> Look back a page lol. I was the first to post it cuz I haz no life lol.

Koss

Wow they really saved the best for last huh? I'm loving the new terrain damage you take. I can see how Hayashi said "fighting entertainment" - You see that kinda stuff in movies lol.

jonosono

Standard Donor
It's your car avatar. He's just so focused on mentally keying the bejesus out of the driver's door. ^_^

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Wow they really saved the best for last huh? I'm loving the new terrain damage you take. I can see how Hayashi said "fighting entertainment" - You see that kinda stuff in movies lol.
You also see this in Burnout 3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD