Longer DOA5 Pre-Alpha Trailer Soon!

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Actually, I was just quickly browsing at work and the blue "new" icon didn't show up on his post for some reason so I skipped it.

Hurricane Rev

Grapefruitman: It is still the pre alpha footage. So, of course you will see flaws in the pre alpha built because they haven't finish the game yet. Heck, it is not even halfway finish. They have only just started working on the game. I'm sorry but It kinda annoys me when someone gives their final judgement on a game that is in Pre Alpha stage. Just give TN some time to work on the game before saying stuffs like doa5 is the same as 4. TN is probably working on the doa4 system but they are trying to improve it. I am not trying to attack you or anything but i just don't like when people talk like that...

Raansu

Grapefruitman: It is still the pre alpha footage. So, of course you will see flaws in the pre alpha built because they haven't finish the game yet. Heck, it is not even halfway finish. They have only just started working on the game. I'm sorry but It kinda annoys me when someone gives their final judgement on a game that is in Pre Alpha stage. Just give TN some time to work on the game before saying stuffs like doa5 is the same as 4. TN is probably working on the doa4 system but they are trying to improve it. I am not trying to attack you or anything but i just don't like when people talk like that...

We dont want them to improve on doa4 system, we want them to get rid of it. That's why grap3 has an issue with it. Most of us here dont want anything in doa5 to resemble doa4.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Remember that first Dead or Alive Dimensions trailer? Sure that exact cinematic of Hayate and Ayane versus Raidou didn't make it into the game but remember how the gameplay looked just like DOA4's? "It's just early, they'll fix it." They never fixed it. Team Ninja has shown on more than one occasion that they don't know what's wrong with the game. Our issues? They don't think they're issues, even when questioned directly about them. My concerns are completely justified.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ok did Hayabusa just counter some shit while in the air? Look at the beginning of round 2... Am I missing something?

It's just the jab reset that was added into DOAD where jabbing will kick them out of critical. He's still clearly on the ground just in a reeled back stun when he low holds the :P::P::2::K:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Ok did Hayabusa just counter some shit while in the air? Look at the beginning of round 2... Am I missing something?
No, he does his low kick hold in the middle against Hayate.

At 1:34 does Ryu counter or offensive hold? That's one of his old throw animations but Hayate's mid-animation so I'm thinking it's an OH.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can't tell until I get the trailer tomorrow for my own perusal but basically he did a high punch hold to hayate's :4::P+K:.... Izuna no longer on all three punches?

Raansu

I wonder if TN decided to changed the hold animation for the second half and hoped no one would notice or if maybe Ryu's Izuna hold version is now an advanced defense hold? Because in .33 and 1.34 Hayate does the same punch and both were high defensive holds.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Keep in mind that Hayate has :4::P+K: and :1::P+K: that look similar. Perhaps I just got them confused?

Just got a look at the full trailer. I can see what they're going for with the "cinematic" thing and I am hype to see exactly how far they go with it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Is burnout 3 a form of entertainment?
Pretty much.

It's arcade racer like no other, seeing as it's centered around being rewarded for making beautiful car accidents. One would say it's a form of "arcade racing entertainment". So much of the game is inspired by Michael Bay's films, which is notorious for things blowing up. The "Aftertouch" feature introduced in that game kinda reminds me of the cinematic moves shown in this trailer, which is why I brought it up.

Forgive my rambling.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It would be interesting to see if busa only did the izuna hold when it was hi counter hold.

Hurricane Rev

ok, I want to ask you some questions on what you said:

1) Why would you expect the first trailer for DOAD to be fixed, when there wasn't really anything wrong with the game (Not the advanced stuffs) AND it was on a handheld? (note: The last doa game that was out, at that point was DOA 4, which came out 4-5 years ago. Also, Itageki and many others who helped made DOA left Team Ninja half way after DOA4 and Hayashi took his place but he or the staffs might not know what was wrong with DOA4 at that time. And that is why he wants feedback from the community so that we can have a good DOA5)

2) Did it ever say that the first DOAD trailer was a pre alpha footage?

3) Didn't Hayashi wants people's opinion on DOAD? (note: he went to D.I.D this year and tried to get people's opinion about DOAD. Sure, he may got this man that can only speak Japanese but atleast Master or Sorwah sent like a list of information that was right or wrong with DOA4 or Dimensions)

4) Have you spoken to people like MASTER if he could pass on the message to team ninja know about the issues in DOA?

I believe that the Pre Alpha footage will be different to the finish version... Just give it sometime

Edit: and the interview with Perfect Legend talking to Team Ninja was in May, the same month that DOAD came out. Like I said, they might not know what was wrong with the game at that point. Let just hope that they will fixed the problems in DOA5..

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well Rev, yes Hayashi was at D.I.D. but he wasn't really collecting feedback on DOAD. At least thats not the feeling I got when I was there.

When asked about DOA, he basically just threw Shimbori-san at us. Shimbori-san did seem like he was more receptive to feedback, but the language barrier was not helping things. We also kept asking for 20 minutes to just sit down and talk with Hayashi/Shimbori regarding feedback, but they were constantly going off to panels, or meeting with press, whatever. So we didn't exactly get that in any conventional terms, no.

Mr. Wah was talking with them the most so he would have the most accurate picture of the events.

Peter (the translator/marketing guy) DID say they wanted to make the game be respected among the hardcore audience... and if true then thats great, but then he is payed to say these things so I'm not certain just how dedicated to the cause that actually makes team ninja.

There were a lot of mixed signals at that event. A glass half empty guy could tell you that they were doing everything they could to ignore real feedback and stick to the more ass kissing members of the crowd. On the other hand, a glass half full guy could say they were more receptive to feedback then they have ever been before.

It kind of feels like both parties would be right.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You can't not be optimistic.

Even with the string trade bullshit. Why?

Because there is a way to KILL PEOPLE that doesn't rely 100% on that retarded triangle system. You have no idea how huge that is to people like me who actually played that god awful game 20,000 matches online trying to find something... anything in the game...

And this is it. This is that THING.

This alone changes everything. If they fix the rest of the game at the same time, great.

-I just watched the whole trailer. I love the guaranteed damage from the walls. This game is already better than Doa4, Just knock a bitch into the wall lol. We now have a solid foundation to build strategy upon. Since each characters special may provide different results, this will add another layer of strategy and depth.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD