Looks like the game is available at select retailers.

Martin

You guys can get it early and I have to pray to get it before October...

FML.

Well I'm getting it on the 27th of September (regardless), but I hope you can get it before hand. No one should have to wait to play this game! It seems like it could be the best one (even if Helena is nerfed to hell).

Blazeincarnated

so a guy at GAF said the story mode is pretty cool thats really good to hear and he's liking the gameplay nice to hear
I hope this guy is not trolling us lol
If yall don't want me to post this I will take it down

here is his post

"ok after a little in story mode with a bunch of fights:

-story mode is really cool. You bounce around between all of the characters and they fit together nicely. The cinemas are pretty clean. minor spoiler it looks like theres no per character ending, as each character is a chapter leading to some big conclusion . Oh and I'm unlocking stuff through this mode so I'm not sure if there is another way to get unlocks for people that don't like playing through stories. All fights are one round only though, like old DOA story modes.

-gameplay feels super smooth. I'm not sure if the pacing feels different because it's been a while since I played 4 or because of actual changes, but I adjusted after a little. Didn't 4 (and the 3 previous) have big damage with counters? Big damage seems toned down in general except for combos. I don't mind though as it creates more interesting fights with positioning.

-I did some SFxT type move where I held buttons down to charge up something, then I hit the opponent and it did a QTE I think? Not sure but it was weird. I'm guessing it had to do with getting environmental damage to happen, and might be easier to use with the casual setting on.

-not sure about Rig. His style was hard to interpret based on his design. Mila is an acceptable modern replacement for Vanessa so that is awesome. If only she had a sway.

-the graphic quality of the transitions to the fighting is really impressive. It may be just gloss from not having seen DOA in a while, but the models look really nice and natural. The new faces took a little getting used to but they really give the characters more personality and take then away from looking somewhat the same. The giggling during cutscenes is weird though.

so far I like it, haven't tried online though.
Doesnt he mean Po wer blow? -_______- Out of all things it has to be a casual playing the game early.... Thats some bold shit.

TRI Mike

Why¿ To prove Leon, Momiji and the others aren't in the game for you¿ That was done like in March.

Martin

Come one guys we waited 7 years for a new DOA game, surely we can wait 5 more days. . . right?

Fuck this shit I'm going to make a time machine.

Maybe it's just me who starts to feel even more desperate when the date is closer and it won't come sooner!!

Doug Nguyen

I probably could go drive down to Long beach with is 20 minutes away but id rather just keep my DOA5 from gamestop. Plus i have borderlands 2, which is so much fun. So no rush anymore. Edit- Actually, maybe ill go pick it up after class. I already paid off my gamestop one but well see.

Dacthunder

Why¿ To prove Leon, Momiji and the others aren't in the game for you¿ That was done like in March.
March doesn't count we're talking about now. Actually Leon was in the hack listed for the character select camera- IN- YO- Face. Yeah I know, his model wasn't there, but that could mean anything. I don't care I would like to see it hacked ;)

Dacthunder

I probably could go drive down to Long beach with is 20 minutes away but id rather just keep my DOA5 from gamestop. Plus i have borderlands 2, which is so much fun. So no rush anymore. Edit- Actually, maybe ill go pick it up after class. I already paid off my gamestop one but well see.
You'll end up in crazy traffic, and by the time you get there it would be sold out lol, just kidding.

Raansu

March doesn't count we're talking about now. Actually Leon was in the hack listed for the character select camera- IN- YO- Face. Yeah I know, his model wasn't there, but that could mean anything. I don't care I would like to see it hacked ;)

His data was completely missing in a more recent build. Leon is gone, get over it.

Reactions: d3v

d3v

This always happens for games in shipping hub cities like LA and NY, not surprised to see it happening here.

Dacthunder

His data was completely missing in a more recent build. Leon is gone, get over it.
Get over what? I could care less if Leon is in or not all of my characters are in, however you have no proof that he wasn't in a more recent build. Even if Leon wasn't that is still not a confirmation because we don't know what teamninja is really up to considering them saying "character announcements after the game's reveal" all I won't to see is if we are getting more characters or if there's on disc DLC of ANY thing not just characters on the original game disc. Actually I would rather have Tengu over Leon... and you think you know me :cool:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD