Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codemaster92163

That's my only qualm with new characters. I hope she turns out like Rig - no one really ends up using her. Mostly because I'm selfish and don't care much for seeing people I use used 24/7

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I hope she turns out like Rig - no one really ends up using her.

It's funny how whenever a new character is announced there will be shitloads of people ready to drop their old character for them, saying "totally maining [new character]", then you rarely ever see the character once they come out.

I still expect to see a ton of Marie Rose players though, but it honestly wouldn't surprise if half the people riding her right now won't end up playing her.

Nobus3r1

It's funny how whenever a new character is announced there will be shitloads of people ready to drop their old character for them, saying "totally maining [new character]", then you rarely ever see the character once they come out.
To me there's a very simple explanation for this phenomenon. Namely that the "totally maining [new character]" crowd are used to winning with their "old" main and can't handle the growing pains of learning a new character so such efforts don't last for long enough to gain proficiency.

Macca Beam

It's nearly comical how 100% of Japanese players are using her swimsuit/zettai ryouki costume only. But in gameplay, she looks very interesting and has a lot of tools I like to have available like sabakis, different stances and fram advantage after strikes, throws and holds. I wanna play her.
Well, it makes sense since the oversized gloves and a ZR on each limb make it easy to follow her movements. In the clip with the 1P outfit she's essentially a ball of frills and it's sometimes hard to see what she's doing. I'm in no way endorsing the leotard but ... yeah.

Moderate speed, short range and a million feints and stances are what I got from the footages. I'd love to try her out. I don't want her to get too popular either; it's gonna suck to run into her over and over (and mirror matches, screw that.)

Codemaster92163

She's cute, yeah, but I could care less about her looks or style. She could have been an ugly old man, and with a (seemingly) cool playstyle like that, I'd still use them. Not to say I'm switching mains, especially since none of us really know what's she's really capable of, and since Pai is still available, but if she suits my preferred playstyle, I'd definitely think of using her as a secondary.

Crext

Standard Donor
She could have been an ugly old man, and with a (seemingly) cool playstyle like that, I'd still use them.

I somehow is weirded out by that if it'd been an old guy, you still play him, despite he had a move called kittie escape.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Color me guilty.

If or when Trenchcoat Christie comes out as DLC, I'm totally maining that character. But you'll rarely see the same old Awesmic once she comes out.

AkaShocka

I'm with Forlorn, I expect to see her a lot but I doubt people thats saying they will drop their main for her won't even try to use her. These guys are acting like "oh since I'm going to try her, she'll be my new main!". Why does she need to be your main? I use the majority of the cast and I don't switch my main (thats probably just me though) . Momiji and Rachel showed up, I tried them, I am pretty decent with them (well Rachel at least) and know their movesets, but I didn't main them though. Now if Marie fits you perfectly, then I see why you'll main her, but if you main her just because she's new, young, etc etc then thats just pointless imo.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
from facebook:

Fighters! We see that you've discovered our newest character, Marie Rose for the upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade. Although this game is a JP exclusive title, we haven't forgotten about our overseas fighters in the West. We hope to provide you guys with more information in the near future. But in the meantime, we appreciate your continued support for DOA5 Ultimate. Thanks fighters!

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Has it been said somewhere that DOA5UA had better graphics than DOA5U ? I've read it somewhere but I can't find it...

Also, yeah, it seems that Marie-Rose is hinted for DOA5U..
I can see a DOA5U for PS4 actually, with better graphics and more costumes, modes, story chapters, etc.

KwonJigglypuff

I'd buy it.

Me too.
Mainly because I didn't buy DOA5U and I need a credible reason to buy a PS4, and DOA is the only serie that can make me do this.

However, I'd rather save some money and wait for a DOA6 with a Korean poster girl. That would be epic.

Jaeger

That's my only qualm with new characters. I hope she turns out like Rig - no one really ends up using her. Mostly because I'm selfish and don't care much for seeing people I use used 24/7
RIG MAIN ALL THE WAY ..i say stick to your guns and master your character. ive been using him since release of doa5 vanilla and i feel like ive only scratched the surface of his potential honestly. Not saying i wont use as a secondary lolololololo GG

Awesmic

Standard Donor
RIG MAIN ALL THE WAY ..i say stick to your guns and master your character. ive been using him since release of doa5 vanilla and i feel like ive only scratched the surface of his potential honestly. Not saying i wont use as a secondary lolololololo GG
Even if you did have a secondary, it'd probably be this character...

Mikasa_Ackerman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD