Momiji General Discussion

Lulu

Too be honest it's a bad habit that Momiji players have. It's not legit play, and is a gimmick. The main thing with Momiji is to utilize her safe attacks & strings on block if you do find your self in close-quarters combat. Or just spam 2P...

LoL... you're probably right.

But then again Team Ninja did modify her in the last patch. Perhaps its time to try some Tenku Shenanigans again on block and see if there's a difference...... they did slightly buff the throw.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This is a picture of a Momiji with a Panda bear.
F8Ogqk4.jpg

That was it. You can keep scrolling now.............................................................that was all.

Tenro

guys , just a question if i may , does momiji's 6pkp or any similar string with this same ender (kp) slams every weight class on the ground same time everytime ?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
guys , just a question if i may , does momiji's 6pkp or any similar string with this same ender (kp) slams every weight class on the ground same time everytime ?
Yes, the speed that a character falls at is the same for every weight class. The height of the bounce launch, differs however.

Tenro

thanks FON , i was just practicing normally when interesting . for heavyweights momiji's 6pkp string on CH makes her qcb (p+k) unholdable if they tech anywhere except back tech , but with rachel she was able to hold it even with side techs . im confused , does anyone got an explanation?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Rachel isnt exactly as heavy as the male super heavyweights. So the same rule in being slightly lighter than males still apply.

Lulu

I always assumed it was a Hurtbox Thing..... maybe hers us just alil bit Tinier or has Thickness in all the wrong places.

Tenro

lol by the way i see it rachel has got more thickness than other girls overall xD , BUT TN should patch up these weight differences because since doa 5U they have made one whole group of each class but the differences are still being carried on from the original doa5 . i hope the next time developers make another " balance" patch , they should balance this as well because looks pretty unbalanced to me.

SilverForte

So the newest patch allows momiji to combo after a CH 6k again, the launch is high enough for 6pk to land. Also works every time if 6k lands in lvl2 stun. It works inconsistently in lvl1, but at the wall seems to work consistently.

Her elbow is now also a lift stun on CH and stun, this is great as it gives her a strong high lift stun and launcher, her sidestep P is actually really good now, as its still safe at -5. Think of it as a faster Ryus elbow now.

DoANoob

So the newest patch allows momiji to combo after a CH 6k again, the launch is high enough for 6pk to land. Also works every time if 6k lands in lvl2 stun. It works inconsistently in lvl1, but at the wall seems to work consistently.

Her elbow is now also a lift stun on CH, this is great as it gives her a strong high lift stun and launcher, her sidestep P is actually really good now, as its still safe at -5. Think of it as a faster Ryus elbow now.
I thought she was able to link her 6pk strings after a CH 6k before the patch.

SilverForte

Nope, they were too low to the ground, she got nothing.

This makes 6p-delay-k relevant again, if you catch them pressing a button you get something now.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Her elbow is now also a lift stun on CH and stun, this is great as it gives her a strong high lift stun and launcher, her sidestep P is actually really good now, as its still safe at -5. Think of it as a faster Ryus elbow now.

Would be cool if 6K~6K or 6PK~6PK still allowed a 6PKK~ juggle lol, but I'm fine with CH 6PK allowing for a juggle if one opted to whiff punish with it. The change to 6P+K is nice too since it now gives a dangerous lift-stunning high for opponents to worry about, on top of her excellent high launchers.

SilverForte

CH 6pk doesn't give ya the height you need, it has to be raw CH 6k, you have to hit the 6k part of 6pk in lvl 2 stun to consistently get a juggle.

Tenro

the buff patch is good and all but imo out of all characters momiji will never have any problems regarding how to lift people in the air because in terms of pure launching moves , she has significant no. of options . the elbow is definitely better now . it was already good before the patch but under utilized.

SilverForte

No but with the removal of 6k as a lift stun, her only one was 3p, now she has two again, a high and a mid. Having a possible lift stun out of a sidestep is very good as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD