Characters More Characters on the Way

Team Ninja has CONFIRMED on their Twitter that more characters are definitely in the works. A big portion of the community has recommended that Team NINJA should add Tengu, and perhaps he is in the works thanks to all the Project Revival studs out there.

[medio]2514[/medio]

However, Tengu is still not confirmed so we can expect a handful of different characters such as: Yaiba, Raidou, Genra, Miss Monday (please no) or Irene. Who are you representing?

Philipino Boxing (the basis for "normal" boxing, before they took all the good stuff out), Escrima (another form of filipino boxing), Krav Maga, Northern Mantis Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Marine CQC, Savate, Aikidou, Silat, Judo, Pangrateion, any of the Shaolin Kung Fu, and REAL ninjutsu. We don't need more fake ninjas.

If teamninja went the easy route and added characters that they don't have to reinvent. It's obvious that it's got to be these characters if they decided on no guest characters: Tengu, Raidou, and Genra or Donovan wearing Genra's mask. Alternately It could be this Tengu, Ryo, and Donovan with Genra's mask. That would be MOST acceptable out of these.

This would totally suck and I won't buy this crap:
Irene
Miss Monday
Miyako

or
Kasumi Alpha, Irene, Aoi

But this is acceptable: Vanessa (VF), Brazillian female or male using Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Tengu.

Last edited:
If teamninja went the easy route and added characters that they don't have to reinvent. It's obvious that it's got to be these characters if they decided on no guest characters: Tengu, Raidou, and Genra or Donovan wearing Genra's mask. Alternately It could be this Tengu, Ryo, and Donovan with Genra's mask. That would be MOST acceptable out of these.

This would totally suck and I won't buy this crap:
Irene
Miss Monday
Miyako

or
Kasumi Alpha, Irene, Aoi

But this is acceptable: Vanessa (VF), Brazillian female or male using Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Tengu.
actually anything is acceptable cause they are gonna come out with whatever they want whether you like it or not. and people will buy it. so you're gonna have to accept whatever they do.

I actually want Miss Monday. But she really doesn't fit at all since she isn't a fighter. Maybe just a Miss Monday costume for someone else. Raidou sounds good though. Honestly, this game already has all the characters I want from both the DoA and NG universes. Maybe the Boss ninja from NG2 would be okay but meh.

How are they "the most likely"? By what qualifications?

The only qualification we know of for the past three were characters that were in VF1. That continuing would mean those two are far from the "most likely".

I said most likely just because I remember a Japanese interview of Hayashi about the time of the DoA5U release, where he said that Aoi and Eileen were some of the characters more requested from VF, but in the end they decided to add Jacky already considered since DoA5 and in addition also for a sort of balancement between male and female characters.

Sadly I can't find the interview, but I assure you that I really read a such statement: by the way you are anyway right, this doesn't mean necessarly that Aoi and Eileen are the most likely additional guests from VF if TN will decide to add them. And in addition I also noticed that all the four guests added in DoA5U come from VF1 (and are some of the most popular ones), so like a sort of tribute to the origin of the VF series (on the opposite of Aoi added in VF3, or Eileen added in VF5).

Personally I'd rather original characters like Marie Rose over clones and reintroductions.

With 31 playable characters in "DOA5", only 3 are original...

Well, but I think that you should separate the design reintroduction from the moveset reintroduction.

While it's true that only Mila, Rig and Marie Rose are completely original under both the aspects, Momiji is surely a character with a new gameplay, while Phase-4 and Rachel got a partial original moveset.

Characters like Irene or Yaiba, already known from the fans, could easily end get an original moveset ending to be considered new characters (for a gameplay matter).

But like I said, I would like the introduction of a 'never seen before' original character me too (preferably a guy).

I don't want Tengu back, that's a given. Because it's unfair to show special treatment for a boss that's been playable in three games already (DOA2, DOA4, DOAD). I'd rather they keep introducing new characters and new fighting styles.

When he says original it means from not another franchise. IE Rig, Mila, and Marie Rose aren't from any other game besides DOA5. Rachel is from NG, as is Momiji. So they aren't original characters to the cast.

Personally I'd rather original characters like Marie Rose over clones and reintroductions.

This is exactly what I want too. More originals would be great.

Considering each iteration of DOA adds either 3 or 4 (well DOA3 did at least), I'm crossing my finger for one more original. Not from NG, not clones, not VF, not old additions (except for Tengu), just someone that's never before seen with a whole brand new list of moves. A girl can dream, can't she?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD