Characters More Characters on the Way

Team Ninja has CONFIRMED on their Twitter that more characters are definitely in the works. A big portion of the community has recommended that Team NINJA should add Tengu, and perhaps he is in the works thanks to all the Project Revival studs out there.

[medio]2514[/medio]

However, Tengu is still not confirmed so we can expect a handful of different characters such as: Yaiba, Raidou, Genra, Miss Monday (please no) or Irene. Who are you representing?

News to me.

Sarah fits in about as well as Lil Jon in a nursing home.

I'm sure it is news to you, and Lil Jon? nursing home? really? that wasn't very good at all. TeamNinja seems to think Sarah fits fine. That's all that matters. Anyway that wasn't my point. The main point was guests or not a new character is a new character.

TeamNinja seems to think Sarah fits fine. That's all that matters.
Oh dear.

Anyway that wasn't my point. The main point was guests or not a new character is a new character.
Eh. Depends on your criteria. For example:
Is Ein new? Well, to 5/Ultimate yes, but also he's been around a while.
Is Jacky new? To DOA, yes. But he's been around for even longer in different games.
Is Momiji new? To Fighting games, yes. But the character has been around a while in different games.
Is Phase 4 new? Sorta. I mean, she's basically old Kasumi would some new moves/teleports.

Oh dear.

Eh. Depends on your criteria. For example:
Is Ein new? Well, to 5/Ultimate yes, but also he's been around a while.
Is Jacky new? To DOA, yes. But he's been around for even longer in different games.
Is Momiji new? To Fighting games, yes. But the character has been around a while in different games.
Is Phase 4 new? Sorta. I mean, she's basically old Kasumi would some new moves/teleports.

Oh dear? Well if it makes you feel any better (which I know it wont lol) many people on the VF forums seem to feel the same, and many others. So honestly I think you'd be the minority in this. Which is fine of course.

Well first of all Ein should have been in 5 regardless of what people think. Even Leon. Who care if they been around for awhile. It seems to me you just want something completely fresh/new? am I right? another completely new character would be nice. If this is what you're saying.

Last edited:
i hope its Eileen or Aoi i dont think TN is up for making a whole new character they just made two new characters and i think the next character maybe Tengu.....MAYBE lol

This. Sarah and Jacky feel really out of place in DOA5. Pai and Akira seem perfectly at home, though.

I think it's the voices that may add to that feeling, but saying (really) out of place makes me think. When I see the character cast line up, they are the first things I notice, because they stick out like sore thumbs, but in any case they don't.

Last edited:
something

I think it's the voices that may add to that feeling, but saying (really) out of place makes me think. When I see the character cast line up, they are the first things I notice, because they stick out like sore thumbs, but in any case they don't.
It's not just their voices, but the fact that the way they move is just really really weird for a DOA game.

something

I think it's the voices that may add to that feeling, but (really) out of place makes me think. When I see the character cast line up, they are the first things I notice, because they stick out like sore thumbs. I wouldn't say that's the case though.
All 4 VF characters seem out of place in a way in DOA because they all have the same shitty voice acting and sound effects and all look stiff as hell in their movements. Though on the otherhand, I appreciate how they add some variety to the overall cast.

All 4 VF characters seem out of place in a way in DOA because they all have the same shitty voice acting and sound effects and all look stiff as hell in their movements. Though on the otherhand, I appreciate how they add some variety to the overall cast.

I say they are just a bit out of place. I wont go as far and say they are (really) out of place, but a few updates with voices, and animation would help kill some of the awkwardness. The over all characters look great though.

Last edited:
I say they are just a bit out of place. I wont go as far and say they are (really) out of place, but a few updates with voices, and animation would help kill some of the awkwardness. The over all characters look great though.

The VF characters got an incredible visual makeover from their VF5FS counterparts, but yeah, the shitty sounds/voices they produce does remind you that they don't truly belong in DOA. However, as irritating as they can be at times, I don't mind fighting them, and enjoy the challenge of how they force you to manage all your frames. I don't even mind the "stiff" animations. Pai looks fairly fluid when she's in motion, running circles around your ass.

And the big question: Will the discount be worth the wait?

I doubt it will be, but seeing as how I'm more of a casual when it comes to DOA at the moment, it just may be.

No, we could get another girl. 2 guys 1 girl is more reasonable
No 3 guys are more reasonable, you got 3 more females than guys, it will even it out. Each could pick someone to date lol
Ryu/ Momiji (Sorry Irene but this couple is better lol)
Ein/ Phase 4 (lol "same character model" match)
Hayate/Hitomi
Alpha 152/Tengu (new male character)
Bayman/ Christie
Bass/ Rachel
Leon/ Sarah
Jann Lee/Lei Fang
Kokoro/ Akira
Zack/Tina
Lisa/ Rig
Gen Fu/ Pai Chan (who knows, she might like older men)
Jacky/Mila
Helena/ Brad Wong
Eliot/ Marie Rose
Ayane/ New Male Character
Kasumi/ New Male Character

Now this works better 17 females, 17 males (:

No 3 guys are more reasonable, you got 3 more females than guys, it will even it out. Each could pick someone to date lol
Ryu/ Momiji (Sorry Irene but this couple is better lol)
Ein/ Phase 4 (lol "same character model" match)
Hayate/Hitomi
Alpha 152/Tengu (new male character)
Bayman/ Christie
Bass/ Rachel
Leon/ Sarah
Jann Lee/Lei Fang
Kokoro/ Akira
Zack/Tina
Lisa/ Rig
Gen Fu/ Pai Chan (who knows, she might like older men)
Jacky/Mila
Helena/ Brad Wong
Eliot/ Marie Rose
Ayane/ New Male Character
Kasumi/ New Male Character

Now this works better 17 females, 17 males (:
I dont think shipping matters to Team Ninja, but there's nothing wrong with having more ladies and few cases of threesomes......just saiyan.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD