DOA5LR More evidence of PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From what I've seen on asian message boards, many don't like the idea of the game being on PC due to the amount of money they've spent on the console versions.

GeomighT

From what I've seen on asian message boards, many don't like the idea of the game being on PC due to the amount of money they've spent on the console versions.
They have a good point , all depends where TN's putting their money ; in Tekken7 Namco had rebuilt the game from the ground up on the new Unreal Engine by Epic Games they then made the PC version the lead platform and thanks to UE* they can port the game to PS4/X1 drastically faster than most engines today w/ less downtime that decision was major factor in bringing Tekken to PC with less overhead, TN may just pay some offshoot studio to port the game , could end up pretty bad , lets hope for the best.

NightAntilli

I'm very happy it's coming to PC. The main reason I got an Xbox 360 was DOA4. Now, I don't have to mess with consoles anymore... It's definitely great.

- It would be the first console DOA that also releases on the PC, which likely means all the new ones will also come there.
- Which ties into... We won't have to upgrade to newer consoles anymore and you'll have backwards compatibility forever. Try playing DOA2 nowadays without needing an old console or an emulator.
- Imagine if all games had been released for PC. You could play any of them at any time. Online would've probably been modded into all of them too.
- One more platform means potentially more players. PC gamers are generally the most dedicated of all.
- Modding
- No need to pay to play online
- Easier screenshot and video sharing

The ones worried about modding... Don't be. Great things have been created this way. Instead of going all paranoid about the boobies, imagine if people decided to create a bunch of custom stages for example. Wouldn't that be awesome? Besides... There are a bunch of naked pictures of the girls. Even Mila has pictures of her naked crotch floating around the internet, which means it happened to even DOA5. PC or not, it won't change things.

As I've stated in the past, I won't get betting DOA5:LR unless it comes on PC. There's been too many rehashes of the game and too much milking on the consoles. I won't pay so much for that, to have an unplayable disk in 10 years because my console broke and I can't find another one, or because the Xbox Live service changed too much or whatever.

Baal bal

Yeah i also saw that, but i also get to see some who were very happy of this due to the online (and more easier nude mode, haha, some of theme are so damn shameless on .chan XD)

Cadaveri

"Thank you for writing to us. I am Hezelle, customer support of
Play-Asia.com.

I have carefully checked our records and was able to confirmed that the
Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round is really coming to PC. However, the release
date of the item is not yet confirmed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Hezelle - 00000018
Play-Asia.com"

HHH816

talk about modding, how about cheating on online play. Did it ever happen on previous DOA release on pc?

pachincko

23iufir.jpg

Steam version said officially now this time.

chocogerman777

23iufir.jpg

Steam version said officially now this time.
Steam logo..... Valve Corporation.................
No....No....No....... This isn't real......... I'm not allowed to be happy......... I..I..I.. must be hallucinating..... Oh god......

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Nippon is not cool enough to join the glorious PC master race.

To be fair, yeah, a lot of people have spent money on the game supporting the devs, including myself. I've definitely spent more than £250 on DOA since DOA5. Then again, once steam sales hit, packs and dlcs are going to be %40-%60 off. That just takes the piss out of whatever 'sale' there may be in the future on PSN or XLIVE lol.

synce

Let it be a lesson not to spend a ridiculous amount of money on DRM'd, console-exclusive, non-resellable digital content...? Too many gamers today have no foresight, just impulse. Anyway I remember people complaining when Idolmaster came to PS3 because they spent $1,000+ on 360's DLC, but it didn't stop the series from eventually becoming Sony exclusive

Oh yeah, and hooray for official confirmation. Definitely getting the PC version

SilverForte

This is pretty awesome, can't wait to see all the mods, and it should be easier to get the dlc on pc, without having to pay a ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD