DOA5LR More evidence of PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Nice, will be picking this up

Hopefully my gtx 670 can run this at max with constant 60fps otherwise im going to have to pick up a 970

Laptop gaming is pretty much on par now with desktop gaming

the gtx 980m mobile gpu is beast. Its faster than the desktop gtx 680

but then again DOA5LR doesn't even look that great on the ps4/x1 so people should worry too much about PC requirements, it won't be a demanding game

like everyone on saying on neogaf, im pretty sure there going to be some DRM in place

Last edited:

Tempest

Unless the port is very unoptimized LR will not be very demanding. The new Gen consoles aren't powerful at all. I'm more worried about the netcode, which is something a lot of devs ignore when porting. Ultra Street Fighter IV on PC is ruined by its netcode.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Nice, will be picking this up

Hopefully my gtx 670 can run this at max with constant 60fps otherwise im going to have to pick up a 970

Laptop gaming is pretty much on par now with desktop gaming

the gtx 980m mobile gpu is beast. Its faster than the desktop gtx 680

but then again DOA5LR doesn't even look that great on the ps4/x1 so people should worry too much about PC requirements, it won't be a demanding game

like everyone on saying on neogaf, im pretty sure there going to be some DRM in place
You will not need a new graphics card to run DOA5, i'll tell you that. A 660 can run AC:Unity at 40fps on Ultra, so you WILL get a constant 60 on DOA5:LR on Very High, and then some with your 670.

Hazard

Standard Donor

I don't think you're going to have to pick up a 970 for anything right now, let alone for DOA.

Anything within the GTX 600 series will be more than fine.

I'm more worried about the netcode, which is something a lot of devs ignore when porting.

I'm just gonna need them to GGPO.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I don't think you're going to have to pick up a 970 for anything right now, let alone for DOA.

Anything within the GTX 600 series will be more than fine.

I'm just gonna need them to GGPO.

Not true, cant run new games on max at constant 60fps anymore. Plus most newer games now requiring 3gb vram or more. I will probably skip the gtx 970 tho and wait for vulcan

Hazard

Standard Donor
Not true, cant run new games on max at constant 60fps anymore. Plus most newer games now requiring 3gb vram or more. I will probably skip the gtx 970 tho and wait for vulcan

I meant that as the GTX 600 series will be more than fine for DOA.

Now for everything else, yeah you're gonna need something else.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Now for everything else, yeah you're gonna need something else.
ONLY to run 2015 games at everything on Ultra settings.

But, if you just want to be able to play the game on high or very high (Like me), you can just keep your GPU that you have now. My Radeon HD 6670 can run AC:Unity on 60fps on high, but when I go on Ultra, oh my lord, I get like 15fps, I swear. I'm planning on getting a GTX 770, or saving up to get a better one.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
ONLY to run 2015 games at everything on Ultra settings.

But, if you just want to be able to play the game on high or very high (Like me), you can just keep your GPU that you have now. My Radeon HD 6670 can run AC:Unity on 60fps on high, but when I go on Ultra, oh my lord, I get like 15fps, I swear. I'm planning on getting a GTX 770, or saving up to get a better one.

Get a gtx 970, its roughly the same price but you'll get around 10-15% performance boost and use A LOT LESS POWER

970 is 145W
770 is 230W

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Get a gtx 970, its roughly the same price but you'll get around 10-15% performance boost and use A LOT LESS POWER

970 is 145W
770 is 230W
Oooh, dayum, I'mma get it. I don't mind spending a little bit more for better. Looks like I won't have to change my power supply, then. :)

David Gregg

And then that would make sense why TN hasn't officially announced it yet (but if they release exclusive content for the PC I swear...)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
1st thing I'm going to do when LR PC drops:
Change the selection sounds to DOA2/3 sounds.
DOA1 ping at press start
Old explosion sound on exploding objects.
Dat DOA2 neckbreak sound.

Last edited:

lotr9690

when I go on Ultra, oh my lord, I get like 15fps, I swear.

tumblr_inline_n44rgtdbDD1s0u9u5.gif

Mine, too. It seems like everyone I talk to also says Assassin's Creed Unity doesn't run well for them on ultra, even my friend with a highest end computer has trouble with it at ultra settings.

And then that would make sense why TN hasn't officially announced it yet (but if they release exclusive content for the PC I swear...)
I can almost guarantee you they are going to offer something new. Whether it be a new mode, new costumes or other content, the PC release will have some sort of bonus strategy attached to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD