DOA5LR More evidence of PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
System stats:
Intel Core i5, 2.50GHz, 8,00GB Ram, 64 bit system, Windows 8, Radeon HD 7650M
Yeah, it should, probably on mid settings though. Laptops do that. If you had the same specs on a Desktop, you would be able to run games on high or ultra. Depending on the game. Your i5 would give you about 3.8GHz to 4.0GHz on a Desktop too.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
lol @ people bashing the PC option because they don't have a job...

GET A FUCKIN JOB!

I mean it's not like the ONE and PS4 are cheap. You probably can't afford that if you can't afford a PC.

Reactions: d3v

d3v

The arcade board that DOA5U runs on is a Sega RingEdge 2. This is basically a PC with a Core i3, 4GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GT 545 which isn't really high spec, at all.

Even if they switched LR to the new Sega Nu board, the only difference with that is a stronger graphics card (GeForce GTX 650 Ti) as well as a new OS (Windows 8, vs 7 for the RingEdge 2). It's still basically a mid-range PC in terms of specs.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The arcade board that DOA5U runs on is a Sega RingEdge 2. This is basically a PC with a Core i3, 4GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GT 545 which isn't really high spec, at all.

Even if they switched LR to the new Sega Nu board, the only difference with that is a stronger graphics card (GeForce GTX 650 Ti) as well as a new OS (Windows 8, vs 7 for the RingEdge 2). It's still basically a mid-range PC in terms of specs.

Yes, but keep in mind that it's dedicated hardware which skews the benchmarks.

chocogerman777

Personally speaking, PC gaming shouldn't be done on a laptop in my opinion (hence the "Personally speaking, " at the front of this sentence).
I agree with you on this when it comes to mainstream laptops trying to run graphically intensive games..but there are still tons of old and modern games that will run perfectly fine on today's laptops and not push it to its limits.

I own a laptop similar to Tyaren's,the difference being that it has 4.00GB RAM,GT635M 2GB VRAM,Windows 7.
Been playing games like SSF4,League of Legends,and Diablo 3 on it just fine since August 2012. I do have a cooling pad for it though.

Last edited:

d3v

Yes, but keep in mind that it's dedicated hardware which skews the benchmarks.
Not by much though with these newer boards since they're also running Windows.

With an embedded OS, the difference should amount so something like having an extra GB of RAM.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You are a part of the problem. You aren't as lost @Argentus but you're fuckin close.

I hate it when people give a big fat explanation with evidence that makes perfect sense, and then people follow up with:

I still think it's a bad idea.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
@ People who say that it'll get no sales. Who says they won't make any money? Are you guys mad? Just because you think that your PC won't run it, means that the whole community can't play it, and that people won't buy the game out of curiosity? (Yes, it happens A LOT on PC) Don't do that shit. Also, people will still buy the PC version, even if their comp can't run it.

Still say PC is a bad idea however.
Elaborate? Please?
I SERIOUSLY doubt my PC can even pretend to handle this unless they have graphical settings that can be tweaked down to Dynasty Warriors 8XL levels...
Then don't buy it.

Xhominid The Demon Within

You are a part of the problem. You aren't as lost @Argentus but you're fuckin close.

I hate it when people give a big fat explanation with evidence that makes perfect sense, and then people follow up with:

I still think it's a bad idea.
Okay, how am I part of the problem when I have no job to even HAVE the cash to build a PC for the PC version? I never said not to freaking support it, I just said I CAN'T BUILD A PC TO BUY IT.

Then don't buy it.
No shit sherlock, but do not dare say I'm the problem when I can't even be able to get anything past the games for systems I have yet said nothing over telling others to not support it.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
No shit sherlock, but do not dare say I'm the problem when I can't even be able to get anything past the games for systems I have yet said nothing over telling others to not support it.
Did I say that you are "The Problem"? I don't think so. I simply told you, if your computer can not run the game, then do not buy it. You decided to flip your shit on me, over something that DOAN said, when replying to me, when I clearly did not mention you, not supporting the game AT ALL. Dafuq? I'm not apart of that conversation, lol.

No shit sherlock
Was that even needed? Seriously?

Please just tell me your PC specs? You make it sound like your computer is a brick.

SilverForte

All I have access to are computers with integrated graphics chips. I'd like to get a good pc but I'm a broke student. Ah well no biggie. Regardless I hope this PC version rumor is true.

Did I say that you are "The Problem"? I don't think so. I simply told you, if your computer can not run the game, then do not buy it. You decided to flip your shit on me, over something that DOAN said, when replying to me, when I clearly did not mention you, not supporting the game AT ALL. Dafuq? I'm not apart of that conversation, lol.
I apologize for flipping my shit on you. Can't turn it off when someone acts stupid and someone walks into the crossfire.

Was that even needed? Seriously?

Please just tell me your PC specs? You make it sound like your computer is a brick.
It wasn't needed, but I was stressing out. I support games on whatever system I have and able to(for pete sake, I bought Skullgirls on 360 AND PC).
And I'm not at the house but I'll give you the specs then, but I already know the fact that my PC is a brick in the GPU area.

i'm just scared for the mods, especially the marie rose ones
Then don't find/use them. Almost all mods work on the client side so the chance of seeing naked Marie Rose or anything else is none unless you personally download the mod or a mod with it as a bonus.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Inspiron 537s
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
3072MB RAM
DirectX 11

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You'd be able to run a modern game on low settings. It probably wouldn't look the prettiest, but it'd run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD