My List of Characters That Are Likely/Unlikely to Return For DOA6

UpSideDownGRUNT

I could say the same about Rachel, she's irrelevant but people like to play her so she's requested for 6.

I want Ein in 6 but I know its very unlikely, I main Ein and he's the only character I cared about actually learning. Hitomi just isn't the same and trying to play her like Ein is more of a hindrance than it is anything else.

So I want Ein because of the same reasons everyone else wants their character back in 6 but Ein and possibly Rachel won't make the cut, I hope I'm wrong though because Rachel is fun even if she's brain dead.

P2p1mbs

Rachel on the other hand has never appeared in the story or got mentioned, since she’s in the DOA roster and is very close with Ryu and Momiji i’ll hope she’ll get some story relevance.

When 5 ultimate came out, they gave Rachel and Momiji backstories saying they both got involved in the tournament. Obviously, they didnt actually appear in the story mode after because they were added in and it would be a waste of time to add in new chapters. Both of them have connections with the other ninja characters so they both have a reason to appear in the story for 6. I do admit, as much as I hope Rachel is in from the start, I realize she isnt as popular and will likely be low priority.

That being said, one of the reasons Rachel was even considered for 5 was because they wanted her to fill the role of the game's heavyweight girl since they couldn't get Nicole 458 back. They will probably put her back in as she could still fill that role.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I could say the same about Rachel, she's irrelevant but people like to play her so she's requested for 6.

So I want Ein because of the same reasons everyone else wants their character back in 6 but Ein and possibly Rachel won't make the cut, I hope I'm wrong though because Rachel is fun even if she's brain dead.

But you just said she wasn't popular did you not? :cool:

She's not brain-dead; I don't think any character is "brain-dead" just think she should have more moves.

GarryJaune

guys,let's see doa5 first version character list ok?

delete akira and pai,adding 2 brand new characters,delete alpha 152 and add marie rose,and that's it

crapoZK

Standard Donor
guys,let's see doa5 first version character list ok?

delete akira and pai,adding 2 brand new characters,delete alpha 152 and add marie rose,and that's it
As if trash-tier Honoka won't be added in the game xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

She already got leaked so she's definitely in plus even then that's 23 characters less than DOA5 Vanilla's 25 no way 6 will have less than 25 characters.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Imo Rachel has high chances of being cut. She was just a guest DLC character in DOA 5 and is not part of the actual story. She also isn't among the most popular characters either. I'm even pretty sure Momiji, who is way more popular than Rachel, will also not be among the initial character roster.

She already got leaked.

Wait, what?!

P2p1mbs

Imo Rachel has high chances of being cut. She was just a guest DLC character in DOA 5 and is not part of the actual story.

She is not a guest character as she is part of the NG/DOA shared universe, otherwise, Ryu would be regarded as a guest character as well since he started in that series too. And while she and Momiji didn't appear in the story, they had their backstories mention that they were present (as I already mentioned).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
She is not a guest character as she is part of the NG/DOA shared universe, otherwise, Ryu would be regarded as a guest character as well since he started in that series too. And while she and Momiji didn't appear in the story, they had their backstories mention that they were present (as I already mentioned).

Apples and oranges... Ryu Hayabusa is an integral part of the DOA series since day one, he's not a guest. Rachel and Momiji were never before in a DOA and they weren't even in the base roster of DOA5 but just additional characters in DOA5U. They are more comparable to the Virtua Fighters who apparently also share a universe with DOA and actually got a little part in the story and are still gone.

Blash

I really do wonder when we are gonna get some news on a newer part of the game, namely another character?

Yes, the game is probably 9 months away, but only ONE character unveil a month would only bring the roster up to 14 confirmed characters, which there should be way more of. So its not crazy to think that from a advertisting point of view, in a bid to keep the conversation fresh, that we should get a character teaser next week, around a month after it was first announced.

I think that's viable!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So its not crazy to think that from a advertisting point of view, in a bid to keep the conversation fresh, that we should get a character teaser next week, around a month after it was first announced.

I think that's viable!

I think that will probably be the case. A character reveal or little update each month, like other fighters do it too. I actually expect two character reveals each month, because you can better present them that way, fighting each other, and with just one character per month there would be a lot of characters left unrevealed when the game releases January to March 2019, which is "early 2019" to me.

Strange, why can't I remember how they handled the DOA5 reveals before its release...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Apples and oranges... Ryu Hayabusa is an integral part of the DOA series since day one, he's not a guest. Rachel and Momiji were never before in a DOA and they weren't even in the base roster of DOA5 but just additional characters in DOA5U. They are more comparable to the Virtua Fighters who apparently also share a universe with DOA and actually got a little part in the story and are still gone.

Yes but I keep mentioning tournament use; Rachel was used far more than Momiji -- I can say that as I've watched and documented every offline tournament since she was released in Ultimate. And no they are not comparable at all to the VF characters who are from a different series; @P2p1mbs is right about them being in the tied-universe.

It would not be hard to add a little story to them either, they were released on top of a game that didn't add any new story so what you're saying is either irrelevant or just not true enough to be called an opinion. Rachel was one of the most requested characters to be added to Ultimate and that's why she was. I call that being popular.

Barrogh

I don’t get why he was requested so many times, same with Leon.
FGs aren't universally liked for their story and whatever is associated with it. For many people character is an appearance and move list, and Ein doesn't exactly share those with anyone else (while he's obviously a look-a-like of his "proper self", his visual style is still notably different), so there we go...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD