Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DontForkWitMe

This reveal is a complete non-event for me, i expected a bland animu asian/white character to pander to the japanese and the weeaboos and thats exactly what TN delivered. i feel no anger nor do i feel joy, i literally feel nothing...there are no fucks for me to give other than the one fuck i have stashed away for when Leon's new outfit is revealed and only if its revealed to be his marauder outfit will that fuck be given

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
On the 15th i will find out if i will main honoka or not >_<

Tried mr, not the one
Tried nyo, liked her but still not the one

Phase 4 is basically kas so i keep hanging on to both kas and her backups XD

David Gregg

It would be great to have Genra's moveset come back but he was slow AF and I hated how many matches became a projectile spam fest. They really need to fix those two aspects if it's coming back.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Damn, that's really specific. Do you keep rankings on your character performances? lol

But does she have a +15 throw loop?

Yeah it's usually a rough estimate. She's actually slowly getting better for me, but the character syndrome always get to me because I usually forget "She has X and Y" but I tend to focus too much on the opponent to even use them.

CommanderWiggles

Since everyone is going back and forth on her character, here is my feedback.

- She looks like the lovechild of Candy Cane and Serah Farron.
- I agree with @Tyaren that her model is exactly identical... and a friend and I discussed, who said he was planning to mod DOA5LR, and he stated the same thing.
- Magical Powers?
I'm not calling her Honoka. I'm calling her Mary Sue and Hookah (because Honoka really fast sounds like Hookah).

Aesthetic-wise, I am not happy with her at all. As @EMPEROR_COW stated on Facebook, for a company who boasts of their aesthetic achievements to each character, to use the same face model is very unoriginal and lazy. It does not live up to their qualities.
Now that I recall, her uniform also looks like it was ripped off of Kokoro. Though the scan is too pixelated so I can't see for sure.
The bang mesh is also just a swap from Marie.

I think her appearance should be changed. I think she would be cute with a long bang, that falls like this.
top-10-hairstyles-for-long-straight-hair-stylecraze-1.jpg

Her half-updo is fine.

The schoolgirl persona is fine... just not the magical powers.

I think if her face was slightly thinner, and she had hooded eyes, a wider nose, and fuller lips, that she would fit right in.
Right now, she just looks like a rip-off.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Since everyone is going back and forth on her character, here is my feedback.

- She looks like the lovechild of Candy Cane and Serah Farron.
- I agree with @Tyaren that her model is exactly identical... and a friend and I discussed, who said he was planning to mod DOA5LR, and he stated the same thing.
- Magical Powers?
I'm not calling her Honoka. I'm calling her Mary Sue and Hookah (because Honoka really fast sounds like Hookah).

Aesthetic-wise, I am not happy with her at all. As @EMPEROR_COW stated on Facebook, for a company who boasts of their aesthetic achievements to each character, to use the same face model is very unoriginal and lazy. It does not live up to their qualities.
Now that I recall, her uniform also looks like it was ripped off of Kokoro. Though the scan is too pixelated so I can't see for sure.
The bang mesh is also just a swap from Marie.

I think her appearance should be changed. I think she would be cute with a long bang, that calls like this.
top-10-hairstyles-for-long-straight-hair-stylecraze-1.jpg

Her half-updo is fine.

The schoolgirl persona is fine... just not the magical powers.

I think if her face was slightly thinner, and she had hooded eyes, a wider nose, and fuller lips, that she would fit right in.
Right now, she just looks like a rip-off.

You should of added Salad under the picture...you know..for shits and giggles. :cool:

Argentus

This reveal is a complete non-event for me, i expected a bland animu asian/white character to pander to the japanese and the weeaboos and thats exactly what TN delivered. i feel no anger nor do i feel joy, i literally feel nothing...there are no fucks for me to give other than the one fuck i have stashed away for when Leon's new outfit is revealed and only if its revealed to be his marauder outfit will that fuck be given
While Marauder is obviously my preferred choice as well, I would actually be okay with the other choices as well as, unlike my main, I rather liked most of the other entries for the character.
It would be great to have Genra's moveset come back but he was slow AF and I hated how many matches became a projectile spam fest. They really need to fix those two aspects if it's coming back.
I didn't play Dimensions, but I'm okay with slowness if they have the raw power to back it up (Leon/Bayman), not so much when they have to jab in to use their strength (Tina/Bass, etc)

CommanderWiggles

You should of added Salad under the picture...you know..for shits and giggles. :cool:
Nah.

I think I shouldn't have posted my feedback on Facebook either because the last time I posted an opinion there, like how I didn't want Irene in the game, I got threats through my messages. But I mean, even Kasumi and Ayane's faces are different in some ways. If you take off the bump maps and the textures, you can clearly tell without looking at their models prior.

But with Marie and Honoka... it's too close to say otherwise. Way too close.

Why couldn't we just had a darker colored character, or one that is bigger and curvier? Of course, it seems like those won't ever happen though, because, you know, Japanese sales.

David Gregg

I didn't play Dimensions, but I'm okay with slowness if they have the raw power to back it up (Leon/Bayman), not so much when they have to jab in to use their strength (Tina/Bass, etc)

I don't know...I feel like they'd really have to pick and choose what from his moveset they would want to give her. Genra did a lot of headbutting which worked out okay given his height but for a girl who looks about Kasumi's height her reach wouldn't be that great.

FatalxInnocence

I don't know...I feel like they'd really have to pick and choose what from his moveset they would want to give her. Genra did a lot of headbutting which worked out okay given his height but for a girl who looks about Kasumi's height her reach wouldn't be that great.

Yeah, I'd be ok with her getting Genra's moveset- just as long as they femme'd it up a bit. Girlified it or something to fit her character.

I think I shouldn't have posted my feedback on Facebook either because the last time I posted an opinion there, like how I didn't want Irene in the game, I got threats through my messages.

As I said before, Irene fans are a scary bunch. After expressing how I preferred Honoka to Irene over twitter- this is why I rarely go around saying I don't like specific characters. People can't handle negativity towards a character. So it's best to just leave it be imo. Like it's fine to do it here, cause I believe most of us are mature enough to take it on the back. Like me for instance, I really like how Honoka looks- and I hope they don't change her. But I'm not going to attack your opinion of her, or emperor cows... cause it's your opinion. You're allowed to have one lol. But in saying that, I feel the need to express my interest in her- since I don't want a "Lucky Chloe" fiasco happening with Honoka.

Javert

I'm not surprised about it. The game is on its last iteration and probably Tecmo / Team Ninja did it on the go since I doubt they could have foreseen how the game would sell two years after its release. At this point they don’t have any reserved new assets for the game and are using what they already have. I just wish the face were more different from Marie.
If she actually takes this Genra’s moveset (haven’t seen him on play) I guess is a win to cover all former character movesets. This would make DoA5 the dream match game of the saga and I love dream match roosters.
Last Round will keep everyone occupied. My main question would be: when’s DoA6? From what I read in this forums, my main concern is Koei screwing up. Hope it isn’t the case.

Argentus

I keep saying her name as "Hanukkah". I don't know if this is correct, but I feel it should influence her halloween/christmas costume next year.

David Gregg

What in the world is that! is that a Salad man? ahaha.

Salad Fingers. It was a mini series. A very bizarre post-apocalyptic thing you shouldn't watch before going to bed.

Yeah, I'd be ok with her getting Genra's moveset- just as long as they femme'd it up a bit. Girlified it or something to fit her character.

Actually I feel the opposite. I would like them to keep it more brutal as it would make her even more interesting (innocent look but deadly fighting style).

FatalxInnocence

I keep saying her name as "Hanukkah". I don't know if this is correct, but I feel it should influence her halloween/christmas costume next year.

I imagine it would be pronounced similar to honoji but with ka at the end instead lol =P So like Ho ( similar sound to the ho in hole ) no ( no in not ) ka (ca in car. ) but that's just a guess. Ask Werewolf =3

Actually I feel the opposite. I would like them to keep it more brutal as it would make her even more interesting (innocent look but deadly fighting style).

Fair call. Me being me, I just don't like the look of manly fighting styles on girls. Period. Like all the girls have a somewhat girly movement to their styles. Which I'm ok with. But It'd be like.... bass but a girl, like I can't imagine a girl fighting like Bass. It just doesn't sit well with me. I just like girly. It's one of the reasons why I like Marie so much. There's a girlyness to her movements.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD