New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotr9690

To me, the gray and white hair colors only work for really old women. So, not for Lisa and Christie.
Haha and even then!
I'm not even being flippant. The changes to the characters are quite minimal. It feels like a port to next gen and an extension of DOA5U on PS3/X360. I'm pretty sure there are no big game changers except for the new characters which I am confident to adapt quickly to - not to toot my own horn. I'm not really worried.

If someone is amazing with Raidou or Honoka, it's not anything inherent to Raidou or Honoka it's because they are good anyway. I wish we had more male characters. They are becoming outnumbered.

Pictured Mind

B798wiKIYAAfsfq.png:large
10306077_520483458055744_5748514681398538856_n.jpg

Perfect example as to why they shouldn't alter costumes to their liking :|. This was one of the costumes I wanted to get put in the game, but it just went totally wrong, and was basically butchered. For 1 they turned what was initially supposed to be a shirt; into a dress, and the leggings aren't right for it either. Also would it have been too much for them to give her the bun? Even if it would've been exclusive to this costume only, I've seen them do it before (e.g. Brads Pirate Costume, Sumo Bass, Sports Gear Rachel, Halloween Sarah, etc.). I hate to sound ungrateful, its just stuff like this that really gets on my nerves
Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif.gif

"shouldn't alter costumes to their liking"? I don't see how they altered this in any way. Only thing is that the leggings aren't as dark but that's obviously because of her skin color. They still look like leggings. And what do you mean when you say "they turned what was initially supposed to be a shirt; into a dress"? To me it looks exactly like the one in the drawing. I like this costume. I even think it'll be one of my favorites. They even gave her a hairstyle that fits her (something TN rarely does anymore, for some reason). Not to mention it's one of Helena's few costumes where the glasses actually fit.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Perfect example as to why they shouldn't alter costumes to their liking :|. This was one of the costumes I wanted to get put in the game, but it just went totally wrong, and was basically butchered. For 1 they turned what was initially supposed to be a shirt; into a dress, and the leggings aren't right for it either. Also would it have been too much for them to give her the bun? Even if it would've been exclusive to this costume only, I've seen them do it before (e.g. Brads Pirate Costume, Sumo Bass, Sports Gear Rachel, Halloween Sarah, etc.). I hate to sound ungrateful, its just stuff like this that really gets on my nerves
My only rant: They didn't include the fucking hairstyle from the concept art :(

Xion Malice

"shouldn't alter costumes to their liking"? I don't see how they altered this in any way. Only thing is that the leggings aren't as dark but that's obviously because of her skin color. They still look like leggings. And what do you mean when you say "they turned what was initially supposed to be a shirt; into a dress"? To me it looks exactly like the one in the drawing. I like this costume. I even think it'll be one of my favorites. They even gave her a hairstyle that fits her (something TN rarely does anymore, for some reason). Not to mention it's one of Helena's few costumes where the glasses actually fit.

In the concept art the leggings are more like stretch pants, instead they basically made them into stockings(which in turn basically made it a dress outfit, instead of a casual shirt/pants outfit which looked a lot classier to me), her skin doesn't really play a factor into it either because the lace gloves(which are supposedly of the same material) are still the color they were supposed to be. I felt as though the leggings should've been the same color, or have been stretch pants. Its plenty of others who have gripes with small details about their characters costume so im simply saying how I feel about little things as well. The shirt itself is perfect, just the leggings and lack of thereof the new hairstyle that was annoying to me anyway, there are plenty of costumes that have been copied perfectly to the T. I just wish it was the same case for this costume design. But hey if you like it that’s all that should matter to you, I still like the costume but as reasons stated above, it took away from it a bit for me.

Pictured Mind

In the concept art the leggings are more like stretch pants, instead they basically made them into stockings(which in turn basically made it a dress outfit, instead of a casual shirt/pants outfit which looked a lot classier to me), her skin doesn't really play a factor into it either because the lace gloves(which are supposedly of the same material) are still the color they were supposed to be. I felt as though the leggings should've been the same color, or have been stretch pants. Its plenty of others who have gripes with small details about their characters costume so im simply saying how I feel about little things as well. The shirt itself is perfect, just the leggings and lack of thereof the new hairstyle that was annoying to me anyway, there are plenty of costumes that have been copied perfectly to the T. I just wish it was the same case for this costume design. But hey if you like it that’s all that should matter to you, I still like the costume but as reasons stated above, it took away from it a bit for me.

Yeah of course. I was just wondering but you explained. I never saw them as stretch pants, so leggings like these were exactly what I expected. I think that maybe TN also didn't really know what they were, or just saw them the way they made them.

Anyways I think it's a great costume and it fits her. Also that hairstyle looks hella classy.

Boogie

I'm caucasian so I apologize in advance if I say something that is wrong/ignorant, but this whole dark skin + white/silver hair only really seems to be a trend in video games and actually not a common thing at all in reality...at least in the US.

It doesn't make it look any less odd that Lisa appeared to have dyed her hair with white-out imo.

unfortunately the problem with lisa's is the styling. it just looks like they gave her a white short wig and she went with it. probably if they gave her christie's bob or one of the other DoA girl's hairstyles just in white it would've looked better? idk

but i digress, there's a small trend of white hair amongst brown skinned females going on actually here in the US!
tumblr_nhpvhe7TjT1qcytaoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nfing2Ba611tx8j4jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnsia0h0zg1rskc21o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngj2lelh4x1qizcg6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc47svT9b81s1xgmbo1_1280.png

tumblr_nbpna2EUB71qj4vsto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5n0ywCvHc1rtlchoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_muzl5sef3v1slhacyo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_mqx58s38DP1qbvyllo1_400.gif

i think a lot of the disappoint comes from the fact that it looks cute and chibi-fied in the picture so the proportions are shorter, and it just didn't translate well. i also sorta kinda blame the artist for not illustrating the fact that the leggings, gloves and bow were suppose to be lace as it says in the concept picture and instead illustrated them as just dark grey. BUT i blame TN for taking the shirt and making it longer but again, proportions. but i guess since we can clearly see the dress was suppose to be almost a shirt, i would think TN would notice that too? idk. also another annoyance is the fact that the shirt/dress was suppose to be patterned with tiny roses and that didn't translate at all. Idk who to blame on that because they're really tiny on the picture too and the artist didn't provide a big enough sample for TN to implement. not like they couldn't make their own rose pattern. my point being, TN didn't really change the outfit to their liking but followed the artists concept and tried to stay true to it. when it comes to character design, you need to be clear and precise what design you're trying to portray or else the team that actually models the outfits are going to have to go by ear and its not going to come out 100% true. (I.E Jacky's train wreck of a shirt)

DontForkWitMe

It still amazes me that TN kept the marauder outfit 100% intact and only altered the knee pads for the better, didn't figure they'd keep the head wrap covering his eye due to toggeable glasses but they bypassed it simply by disabling glasses to be toggled for it which is fine by me as the glasses only fit with his casual outfits anyway. hell they kept the belt buckled wrist wraps and included the circular metal knuckle pads on his gloves while even retaining the little black pouch on his waist that i forgot was even in the original drawing, I am completely satisfied and all anger over him getting screwed over in DLC's is now washed away...

although there is still one important puzzle piece missing that will make his entire wardrobe complete

Leon_DOA2.jpg

Casual Costumes Vol.3
Make it happen TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD