Characters New "Female Tengu" Revealed

First discovered by @pachincko this seems likely to be our new Tengu shown in Famitsu. More details are bound to show up incredibly soon and we will keep this updated. She looks pretty, and I hope that Tengu fans will be impressed by the final package, because Tengu fans have waited a long time for this.

nbb5d.jpg

@Forlorn Penguin -- Sorry it's not Bankotsubo, buddy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt it'll be as good considering what they did to Alpha's FLT P from vanilla, which was similar to Tengu's wind except holdable from max range

But yeah her style is the same (tengu dou). She can fly and you can see what looks like a version of Tengu's H+K in the shot vs Ryu
Very true.

Actually, none of the Tengu fans were waiting for this. We're all going to reluctantly have to play her though, assuming (and hoping) she's a clone.

I would have preferred that they kept fer face hidden too.
I'm dissapointed, wanted Bankotsubo not a half breed Tengu. I don't consider her really a Tengu. A Tengu has a long nose and dark skin. All she is, is a Devil Jin or Angel wannabe. Bankotsubo still would of been better by far. Looks like there will be no more male combatants. She'll obviously have Bankotsubo moves with some of her own. Again, I don't plan on buying this as well along with Marie Rose AND Phase-4 these characters seem pretty lame.

Wait I don't get this shit.
You guys first complain that TN yanked your chains, then you guys got mad that she could be a replacement for Tengu and NOW you want her to play almost like a clone to Tengu, effectively replacing him? Make up your minds.
Not me, I'm a TRUE Tengu fan. I don't want just the move set, but also the original design

Considering Ein is still around despite Hitomi pretty much being his female successor, Bass is still a mainstay despite Tina being with him since the first DOA, And Eliot and Gen Fu and hell, Bayman and Leon with a massive vengeance.

Tengu still has a chance to show up, but not as DLC, which I remember Emp Cow made that obvious.
Nope, he's gone...............GONE. I don't care about the bikini and sexy out fits either.

Just an article that says she fights using Tengu-do (duh) and triggering gusts of wind. This leads me to believe that she has more than 1 wind move.... Again I am worried. @synce her wind might be better actually x_x

You all are a bunch of fuckin' prudes lol.

She isn't Bankotsubo but people should at least give her a chance. Wait for a gameplay video to come out.

Yeah, like some people here would have given the original Tengu a chance if he would have been released. In either case, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Tengu fans aren't giving her a chance. Not sure where you get the idea that they won't. Just vocalising their dissapointment that the character and his persona got axed. That's it. Also not sure where the fuck being a prude comes into play, but okay.
Honestly Tengu fans have been called every insult under the sun by the time this is finished...

I'm dissapointed, wanted Bankotsubo not a half breed Tengu. I don't consider her really a Tengu. A Tengu has a long nose and dark skin. All she is, is a Devil Jin or Angel wannabe. Bankotsubo still would of been better by far. Looks like there will be no more male combatants. She'll obviously have Bankotsubo moves with some of her own. Again, I don't plan on buying this as well along with Marie Rose AND Phase-4 these characters seem pretty lame.
So even if she has the exact same moveset, you won't buy her simply because she's not an ugly beast anymore? That seems extremely silly to me.

Yeah, like some people here would have given the original Tengu a chance if he would have been released. In either case, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Tengu fans aren't giving her a chance. Not sure where you get the idea that they won't. Just vocalising their dissapointment that the character and his persona got axed. That's it. Also not sure where the fuck being a prude comes into play, but okay.
Honestly Tengu fans have been called every insult under the sun by the time this is finished...

I've been playing DOA since DOA1 on PS1. I played DOA2, DOA2H, and DOA2U. I am one of the Tengu fans.

I said prudes because everyone is going apeshit over another set of tits.
I said people aren't giving her a chance because many people aren't. The complaining is proof of it.

I don't care for the character, I'm now interested in the level. All three of these new females should be priced at 1.99 considering they are not that interested, but nothing but disappointments, well at least for me. Out of the three Marie-Rose seems most new, but feels like a scaled down version of Helena when she was young and boob-less, Phase=another clone character. Female Tengu=Tengu whore wannabe. If they wanted to add more female characters why not a Polynesian Hawaiian, Girl from India, and a Black girl with a big booty. Those three would of been interesting.

So even if she has the exact same moveset, you won't buy her simply because she's not an ugly beast anymore? That seems extremely silly to me.
Nope, rather have the intimidating ugly beast, there's enough hot women in the game. It's like ordering a chocolate milk shake, but it taste like vanilla, I like vanilla, but I preferred chocolate--- it's just not the same. Nostalgia people! Now if she was in the past before Bankotsubo I might of been disappointed with his addition as a replacement or not really lol

This is by far the most polarizing thread I've ever come across. The reactions are so evenly split between acceptable and unacceptable. It's beautiful. Beautiful, I say!

Part of me shares the grief of Tengu purists who wanted the original back. And yet, the other part of me wants them to remain optimistic about the new legacy left behind with Bankotsubo's death.

Either way, I gotta give props to @Forlorn Penguin for taking a mature approach in all this... and for that, you inspire me. Now I know what to do when my favorite character (or costume) doesn't make the cut.

As for everyone else...

Nope, rather have the intimidating ugly beast, there's enough hot women in the game. It's like ordering a chocolate milk shake, but it taste like vanilla, I like vanilla, but I preferred chocolate--- it's just not the same. Nostalgia people! Now if she was in the past before Bankotsubo I might of been disappointed with his addition as a replacement or not really lol
Well, I can understand be upset with the new look.I'd be the first one on here making a giant crying post if they ever decided to completely change Kasumi. But isn't her play style enough to buy her?

this argument to me is more about the principle than the actual character. there is so much hostility and prejudice toward the use of certain characters in this community. if team ninja decided not to include brad wong in the DOA6 roster i know we would be having the same conversation. "fuck [insert character name here] no one uses them. they're not even that good. ill be glad to see them gone." all the same things that have been said about tengu in the past couple months.

you try genuinely being interested & invested in a character only to have them excluded or their memory desecrated. see how you feel.

many of you take for granted that the characters you main are considered 'essential' to the series . that is NOT a luxury every one of us has. some of us play characters lovingly, diligently, only to receive insults at every turn.

we should be more supportive-- not dismissive --- of our fellow community members' wants and needs. so again, it's the mentality of the community's response that concerns me.

although tengu will be sorely missed.

It's not that I don't like her, it's that I don't like TN for spitting in faces of dedicated fans.
To be honest, they probably actually did it so that their hard work actually makes them money. Almost no one would pay for normal Tengu. It's a business decision. They weren't intentionally trying to piss off the 3 or 4 actual Tengu fans. This way, she has a chance at actually being popular and being included in future stories.

What is she even doing to Momiji I don't recall Tengu straddling his opponents. I think TN is trying to appease the perverted fans, but they forget most of them gets off on bone breaking more than that.

The new lady Tengu is very beautiful and attractive character, I'm curious to see if she has the same Tengu's move list... but I'm a bit disappointed because I was waiting for the reveal of the real, old Tengu....... :( Hey, does anybody know if there is a new stage too?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD