Characters New "Female Tengu" Revealed

First discovered by @pachincko this seems likely to be our new Tengu shown in Famitsu. More details are bound to show up incredibly soon and we will keep this updated. She looks pretty, and I hope that Tengu fans will be impressed by the final package, because Tengu fans have waited a long time for this.

nbb5d.jpg

@Forlorn Penguin -- Sorry it's not Bankotsubo, buddy. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I'd rather him not have the typical Japanese Tengu and actually look more like a monstrous bird.

In fact, that's most likely the reason why Female Tengu(or Lady Tengu) lacks inhuman features because past his nose and wings, Tengu himself can pass as a buff ass old man with a tan(Not counting alternates). So...yeah.
Yeah, a guy with wings would basically be the equivalent. But if he actually looked handsome, people would love him. People don't like constipated Pinocchio monsters, man or woman.

The rage here is delicious. Alright impressed enough with what I seen so far in this trailer so probably worth buying. Also more female costumes coming and notably P4 is getting one too.

Really hope she has some more conservative alternate outfits. Not a fan of the two they showed, they don't fit her.

Like I wrote on the casual thread TN was able to give really a Bankotsubo's vibe in her (at least for me): her clumsy/funny way to act, the sadistic side, the folklore new theme and the return of Bankotsubo's iconic moves and at the same time creating a new moveset (but of course for this we need to see more for it). And personally I totally love her voice, it's exactly what I would imagine for a female counterpart of Bankotsubo (of course with a seductress tip).

I'm pretty glad and I think that TN made a great work so far in the creation of an alternative to Bankotsubo - they could create a male, but in the end the Female Tengu idea was too much popular to lose the chance.

About her latex outfit, personally I saw the thing very indifferently: the latex suit is a sexy fetish thing related with the dominatrix, so girls with a strong personality and a sexy attitude (as in DoA could be for example Christie but not Ayane showing different cliches). TN giving the outfit to this character want emphatize in a sexy way this side of the character: it was needed a such outfit? For me no, but with this I don't think that we got something exceptionally out from the sexy standards of DoA5, overall considering the other outfits already included in the game.

Last edited:
I really hope the next DLC character is a dude, preferably Donovan. If we get another chick I'm done... Or I'll be disappointed but eventually buy all the DLC because what the hell else am I going to do? D:

Everyone knows I've always liked Tengu a lot, but I must admit I'm really excited for this Bankotsubo successor ( sorry Forlorn D: ). Crossing my fingers she retains his moveset since I'm seeing signs of such. Hopefully a buffed one at that. However, I don't care all that much for her face since the nose was one of the coolest things about Tengu next to the beard. At least I can equip the mask, so no reason for me to be all doom and gloom about it.

awyayuh.gif

They turned Tengu who was supposed to be a badass monster, into a latex covered fetish toy and everyone's perfectly fine with that. scratch that they prefer it

I'm going to take a break from this site for awhile, I'm really not feeling like this is my community anymore just a bunch of perverts. This isn't the direction I wanted DOA to go but I seem to get no say in it.

Really? NOW you're realizing some of the perversion of DOA?

But you didn't at the DOAX series? Or seeing the trashy chain and string bikinis? Please. Never cared about Tengu, never will.

Much as I feel bad for the #Tengu2014 guys, I do like what I see. She's definitely worth a buy.

That said, the catsuits... really? We really needed that? At least she gets a red color swap of her C1.

Much as I feel bad for the #Tengu2014 guys, I do like what I see. She's definitely worth a buy.

That said, the catsuits... really? We really needed that? At least she gets a red color swap of her C1.
I cringed at that suit. But I only really care about her C1. If I decide to main her, that's all I'm using unless I see costumes that are actually appealing :V

FP will only snicker if he saw that. He will be really impressed if they gave her a C4 of an entire outfit of Tengu's original design+Voice clips+win poses all bundled into that 1 costume.

No, DB. I'm glad she has the cliff 2T. I said that I wanted her to be a Bankotsubo clone, since I knew she was replacing him, so I'm glad that appears to be what's happening.

However, if they did give her a costume where she looks and sounds like Bankotsubo, then yes, I'd pretty much exclusively pick that outfit.

I love her voice too though. Certainly not as cool as Osamu Saka's, but they clearly had her actress aim for the same style.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD