Nintendo Switch

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
There could be any number of reasons for a recall and none of which might make any sense to a person outside of the company. Brand imaging could be a large part of it -- marketing guys don't like having a perceived failed product on the shelves. Hardware salvaging could be another. If they don't feel it will sell anyway and some other company is looking to purchase specific parts on the cheap, thats one way to recoup losses.

The long and the short of it is, its a failed system and you don't know diddly squat about their financial decision making regarding it. You can't know, because you're on the outside. All you can do is come up with far-fetched theories with zero basis aside from your gut feeling.

Now I wouldn't be going this hard on you, except for as long as I've known you there has been this constant need to be complaining about something even if there isn't anything legitimate to complain about. If you're going to go that route, then complain about something real like Nintendo's archaic stance towards youtubers and copyright claims. Or complain about the somewhat questionable online support and their inability to actually provide a decent service for any kind of cost. Complain about product scarcity, because Nintendo has a Toy Company mentality when it comes to creating consumer demand and they don't actually understand their own market anymore. At least those are valid, real things. Not this "I'm suddenly going to go against the grain and buy a fucking Wii U of all things because I'm Argentus" nonsense.

Argentus

There could be any number of reasons for a recall and none of which might make any sense to a person outside of the company. Brand imaging could be a large part of it -- marketing guys don't like having a perceived failed product on the shelves. Hardware salvaging could be another. If they don't feel it will sell anyway and some other company is looking to purchase specific parts on the cheap, thats one way to recoup losses.

The long and the short of it is, its a failed system and you don't know diddly squat about their financial decision making regarding it. You can't know, because you're on the outside. All you can do is come up with far-fetched theories with zero basis aside from your gut feeling.

Now I wouldn't be going this hard on you, except for as long as I've known you there has been this constant need to be complaining about something even if there isn't anything legitimate to complain about. If you're going to go that route, then complain about something real like Nintendo's archaic stance towards youtubers and copyright claims. Or complain about the somewhat questionable online support and their inability to actually provide a decent service for any kind of cost. Complain about product scarcity, because Nintendo has a Toy Company mentality when it comes to creating consumer demand and they don't actually understand their own market anymore. At least those are valid, real things. Not this "I'm suddenly going to go against the grain and buy a fucking Wii U of all things because I'm Argentus" nonsense.

Or it could just be because a game console has never been "recalled" like this before, that I can...recall, anyway, and its really suspicious timing there. Yeah I could easily be wrong, but its a pretty logical conclusion. I mean I know ya hate me and any excuse to jump down my throat, but i'm not exactly making a huge leap with the assumption, there. "recall the previous system just as we are launching new one, especially when people are raising eyebrows at the price and lackluster launch list for the new system".

Also I want to play Breath of the Wild, is why I want a Wii u. only other wii u game I ever cared about was Hyrule Warriors, and I got the expanded version on DS instead. Good excuse to also get the prettier version. Its not like i'm being a hipster about it.

Super Mario Odyssey new gameplay.

yeah I saw that haha. The game looks fun, but I love how its just been mercilessly mocked about the "real life" section, especially constantly comparing it to Sonic Adventure.

16002734_768007606692476_964015123323598186_n.jpg

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I really don't want Nintendo to eat shit like Sega did after the Dreamcast. I really don't.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Or it could just be because a game console has never been "recalled" like this before, that I can...recall, anyway, and its really suspicious timing there. Yeah I could easily be wrong, but its a pretty logical conclusion. I mean I know ya hate me and any excuse to jump down my throat, but i'm not exactly making a huge leap with the assumption, there. "recall the previous system just as we are launching new one, especially when people are raising eyebrows at the price and lackluster launch list for the new system".

You haven't given me any reason to hate you. You have, however, given me plenty of reason to not take you seriously regarding anything you've ever said. That tends to be a side effect of dealing with somebody who takes a contrarian tilt on any discussion.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
We get Fire Emblem Warriors this year, but nothing else in the Nintendo Direct is for Switch besides some mainline Fire Emblem game not launching until at least next year. Disappointing to say the least. But hey, the smartphone game is a gacha style game and I do enjoy those. Hits 2/2.

Argentus

You haven't given me any reason to hate you. You have, however, given me plenty of reason to not take you seriously regarding anything you've ever said. That tends to be a side effect of dealing with somebody who takes a contrarian tilt on any discussion.

alrighty, that mindset explains a lot.

I'm a self admitted cynic from disappointing experiences, but never thought of myself as a contrarian. moving on.

We get Fire Emblem Warriors this year, but nothing else in the Nintendo Direct is for Switch besides some mainline Fire Emblem game not launching until at least next year. Disappointing to say the least. But hey, the smartphone game is a gacha style game and I do enjoy those. Hits 2/2.
yeah i'm torn about that.

Like with Musou All Stars, and Gundam Warriors, its a tie between "I love warriors games" and "I don't care about this particular property". Like I'm mildly interested in Berserk Musou but I'm not actually familiar with the story of berserk at all, I just recognize who Guts is. never played any fire emblem games so I'm meh about fire emblem warriors.

LOVED Hyrule warriors though and they are STILL releasing dlc for it

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
yeah i'm torn about that.

Like with Musou All Stars, and Gundam Warriors, its a tie between "I love warriors games" and "I don't care about this particular property". Like I'm mildly interested in Berserk Musou but I'm not actually familiar with the story of berserk at all, I just recognize who Guts is. never played any fire emblem games so I'm meh about fire emblem warriors.

LOVED Hyrule warriors though and they are STILL releasing dlc for it
Well Fire Emblem Warriors is confirmed for New 3DS as well. If you don't have the New 3DS you're out of luck. I have it but I'll grab the Switch version for obvious reasons.

David Gregg

That's great news! Glad a mainline FE was announced for Switch. It makes sense that Warriors is announced for both systems I don't get why people are upset it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to just abandon the 3DS especially when they can make some money.

Don't have a new 3DS though so guess I'll wait for the game when I eventually get a Switch.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That's great news! Glad a mainline FE was announced for Switch. It makes sense that Warriors is announced for both systems I don't get why people are upset it wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to just abandon the 3DS especially when they can make some money.

Don't have a new 3DS though so guess I'll wait for the game when I eventually get a Switch.
Well they have a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden hitting 3DS exclusively in like four months. That was a bit surprising. Done in the newer style of gameplay, too.

Argentus

Well Fire Emblem Warriors is confirmed for New 3DS as well. If you don't have the New 3DS you're out of luck. I have it but I'll grab the Switch version for obvious reasons.

yeah i only have the older 3ds. Then again they also said that hyrule warriors was "unplayable" on the old 3ds but it runs fine for me.

LarsMasters

Nintendo sure has smart moves on guiding us gamers & now the home/handheld console hybrid tech. I'm sure Nintendo console still continues & sells well quickly, particularly because of some too popular games like Fire Emblem Warriors & currently Switch exclusive's Ultra Street Fighter II

Tyaren

Standard Donor
German Magazine Computer Bild seem to be the first who got the retail Switch delivered by Nintendo of Europe. Here's an unboxing of the console:

Better watch it fast before Nintendo takes it down. ;)

Wow, it is so small and compact... O:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD