Nioh General Discussion

Sotherius

My assumption is that will be main female character and she just happens to look like Momiji.
Just because her ponytail is long and black, doesn't mean she's Momiji lol >.>

I know she isn't Momiji in specific, but i'm wondering if is just some nod to the character or NiOH actually happens in the NG/DOA shared universe. And like, you find someone from the hayabusa clan, and you even find the Dragon Sword, but you are unable to use it because you're not from the dragon lineage.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I know she isn't Momiji in specific, but i'm wondering if is just some nod to the character or NiOH actually happens in the NG/DOA shared universe. And like, you find someone from the hayabusa clan, and you even find the Dragon Sword, but you are unable to use it because you're not from the dragon lineage.
The alpha demo already confirmed that the story doesn't take place in the modern age, so it can't be connected to DOA/NG. Ni-oh takes place in the 1600's.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The alpha demo already confirmed that the story doesn't take place in the modern age, so it can't be connected to DOA/NG. Ni-oh takes place in the 1600's.

Then they are shamelessly reusing DOA models. William already looks like Bayman...

bayman-jpg.20069

(just added the scar here)

...and this woman looks exactly like Momiji. x__X

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Wondering if Sloth Talisman took a hit. I have to admit but that little trinket was a little too good.

they need to rebalance a lot of things not just the difficulty. fire shuriken were overpowered, spirits could stun lock bosses, need a reason to use any other element besides fire for free burn damage, likewise most abilities just weren't worth taking them over others.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
William looks like he'll fit in a Warriors Orochi game. If they were to make another and included I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The likelihood of a shared universe is very slim. Some of the models looking similar is to be expected given it's the same artistic team. A certain style is always going to come through. Look at anything Toriyama Akira ever touched for reference.

On the subject of the trailer...yeah. Wow. Heavy emphasis on the movement and being very upfront that there is a definite story here, which seemed might not be the case from the Alpha. I like how very little block and attack tactics were shown which separates the game from the Souls games even further. Lot of focus on counters and different evasion methods and the combat looks nice and snappy. Couldn't be more pleased with how it's progressing.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Stop double posting, man. Great info but nobody is exempt from that rule.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD