Nioh General Discussion

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Nioh makes it pretty easy to find out with the elemental talismans. Now it only poise could be consistent.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Has anyone been using the ki surge move? My friend told me about it and its amazing when you fight people in groups, it stuns everyone around you.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Has anyone been using the ki surge move? My friend told me about it and its amazing when you fight people in groups, it stuns everyone around you.
Do you mean the sword skill? It doesn't do much outside of group fights against humans. I'd rather spend that time going for a parry or battering down their guard.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The kick version is better because the recovery is much less. Your friend is not entirely wrong but I think it depends on their overall Ki output and Ki pulse right after. I really think you need high Ki for that one to sustain a good crowd control. But at the same time, why do that when you have high Ki output to keep doing the kick and you are bound to throw rocks at individual enemies to draw them in (Unless you accidentally alerted multiple enemies or like drawing them in at once.) I can see it being useful if you are at a level where there is a ton of them on purpose. Course, that's just me...maybe in the full game it might be super useful, but in the demo? not so much.

@Fiend Busa how much Ki your friend has? 14/15? he probably even has equips with barely bad weight. (Which is good.)

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Finally beat Nue!
I had a Katana with slightly lower damage than the Raikiri but I haven't even found any axes or spears with higher damage. Nice Katana, too bad it really favors Low Stance. Time to go fill out the survey.

Edit: Actually, I see how it favors Low Stance, the added Lightning damage is pretty wicked.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I have an axe with fire damage that I use that's nearly as powerful. Don't use it much though.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I did notice enemies with torches won't take damage if you throw items at them or shoot them with arrows. They will first drop their torch, draw their weapon, and resume whatever their path is if you aren't close enough for detection. If you hit them a second time they will take damage and zero in on you.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I did notice enemies with torches won't take damage if you throw items at them or shoot them with arrows. They will first drop their torch, draw their weapon, and resume whatever their path is if you aren't close enough for detection. If you hit them a second time they will take damage and zero in on you.
Same if they have a helmet and you go for a headshot.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The helmet at least makes sense. Maybe a kind of priority system that removes layers of protection from certain types of attacks?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just did a boss fight with Nue with a level 25 sword, no healing, without any gear, no sloth or any talismans, no spirit, no deaths, untouchable without any charms. I would pull my pipe out and go completely naked, but that would be far too overpowered so was giving Nue a fighting chance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a simple run through the whole mission and a simple way to take out Nue. This is probably an easy tactic where you can hide under the temple roof doors to avoid the lightning and baiting him to lunge forward for a free belly stamina break. You could even use the bow from a distance to hit him on the chest.

Also you know those black/grey auras that are laying on the floor slowing down your stamina regen? you can eliminate those completely if you tap R1 after a sword stance switch within the right time of a Ki Pulse.

Finally beat Nue!
I had a Katana with slightly lower damage than the Raikiri but I haven't even found any axes or spears with higher damage. Nice Katana, too bad it really favors Low Stance. Time to go fill out the survey.

Edit: Actually, I see how it favors Low Stance, the added Lightning damage is pretty wicked.
Finally beat Nue!

The mission reward changes from time to time and you can get a spear there called the Tonbu-Geri, which is a water spear I believe. It's not that great though.

*Edited my post so that it's all in one post*

------------------------------------------------

Alright I think I'm done playing with the demo completely. Max level cap is 55 and the first boat boss drops a rare ax called the Zuu which has an attack of 666. You can kill the boss in 4-5 swings. Demo's done so I'll delete it and probably wait for the real game. Literally no point in playing the demo anymore lol.

Last edited:

Kensei25

I am totally in love with this game......I literally want to play nothing else right now. Damn wish the demo wasn't being taken away! The wait for the final release is going to rough....

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Isn't the limited time only for download? I remember certain games were removed from the store from being downloaded but you are still able to play it if you've downloaded before and it's within your library of games.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
id greatly prefer for all the immersion shattering bloodstains to leave actually so as it stands right now im probably going to be playing offline.
I don't feel like they're really that distracting myself. No more so than the blood stains in Dark Souls and they're actually useful here. You can get excellent loot early on by fighting and killing the Revenants.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't feel like they're really that distracting myself. No more so than the blood stains in Dark Souls and they're actually useful here. You can get excellent loot early on by fighting and killing the Revenants.

the fact all these revenants are William is what's distracting. its like the issue you get with MMOs but worse because not only are you all the "chosen one" you're all the same dam person.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD