Nioh General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not sure if they've confirmed it before today (probably did) but William totally is based on William Adams. That's pretty cool. I want to hear more about the other characters. Badass support characters have always been a part of TN games and this should be no different.

DyByHands

And like, you find someone from the hayabusa clan

I legit mentioned this twice in the survey for the demo, lol.

This game is everything to me right now. It is looking so good. Can't wait for the next demo.
However, I do fear that KT/TN will end up showing to much and having to little when it comes to enemies (and enviroments).
After I finished Yaiba (yeah yeah) I was honestly shocked that their twitter account showed every single enemy (all 5 of them, smh) all months before release.
Although, the variety is already miles ahead of that game. I just want a good variety of enemies and bosses. TN burned us here with their last few action games.

Kensei25

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/rep...-ce-dark-souls-chez-les-samourais-e3-2016.htm

See above video.

If you look carefully, you will see some of the new implemented changes.

- more item shortcut slots
- you can strafe while locked on to an enemy
- camera looks to be a tad higher when locked on
- looks like the stagger/out of breath punishment when out of stamina is gone?

Can anyone catch other changes?

EDIT: MORE FOOTAGE FROM TWITCH STREAM with Team Ninja:

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
New female spirit

Edit: apparently this trailer is old lol.

New news posted over at Ninja Archives:

E3 info round up:

Redditer "TheRaoh" wrote:
-The game is 60-70% done.
-The game is 30-40 hours long
-There will be sub-missions that you can do to level up and get good items.
-There WON'T be an easy mode.
-William is the only playable character in the game.
-William will not understand Japanese in the game, that'll lead to unique character interactions and fun situations
-There are bright areas in the game that have no enemies where you can interact with friendly NPCs.
-Sometimes you will come across Hot Springs that restores your health and give you various buffs when you bathe in it, but make sure no enemies are around because one
hit would kill you when you're naked.
-If you use a certain weapon a lot, you will get rewarded for it.

Info regarded the upcoming beta:

-There will be 3 stages and a tutorial, the first two stages are the ones we played in the alpha, the third one is called Nakatsu (In Kyushu), the area is very bright in
appearance, and the boss of the stage is the succubus-looking Yokai we've seen in trailers, but they are unsure if they will include the boss in the beta or not.
-The tutorial level is called the dojo, designed to walk players through the game's mechanics, you can skip it if you want.
-There will be two new weapons, Dual Wielded Katanas, and a Rifle.
-You will still be able to get the Mark of the Conquerer in case you missed it in the Alpha.

Changes from the Alpha:

-You can now strafe-run while locked on
-Lock on camera is now above the player a bit instead of behind him
-More item shortcuts
PSN and Steam: Luxury_Butter

ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
MasterNinja.png

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
No easy mode is a good thing. It allows the difficulty to be tailored just the way TN wants it to be. No modifiers and nothing will be considered 'cheap' simply because a slider moved up for a higher difficulty. I'm on board.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
No easy mode is a good thing. It allows the difficulty to be tailored just the way TN wants it to be. No modifiers and nothing will be considered 'cheap' simply because a slider moved up for a higher difficulty. I'm on board.

no easy mode also means no hard mode which is what has given Ninja Gaiden its longevity for me. new game +++++++is not the same as master ninja mode.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
no easy mode also means no hard mode which is what has given Ninja Gaiden its longevity for me. new game +++++++is not the same as master ninja mode.
They didn't say there was no hard mode. Also, there doesn't need to be. Hayabusa couldn't be leveled up in the same way William can. Completely different style of progression and I don't think it'll need a harder difficulty. If you want it to be more difficult, don't use weapons long enough to gain proficiency on them, don't use Living Weapons, etc.

NinjaRayMan

The training dojo looks like the one from Hayabusa village.
I prefer the familiarity approach to weapons over durability. All the loot drops make durability kinda pointless. I plan on doing a sword only run through so I'd rather have a weapon I can level up and keep throughout.
Thanks for sharing all these links and updates. Is it August yet?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD