Nioh General Discussion

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Are enemies still walking pinatas full of equipment candy that decay over the course of an attosecond?

No, equipment doesn't decay anymore. When I was playing, the weapons have a familiarity bar that fills up the more you use it. I think all it does is make the weapon stronger.

Brute

Standard Donor
No, equipment doesn't decay anymore. When I was playing, the weapons have a familiarity bar that fills up the more you use it. I think all it does is make the weapon stronger.
Wow. If this is true, I will earnestly give Ni-Oh another look with the new demo.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Wow. If this is true, I will earnestly give Ni-Oh another look with the new demo.

For sure! Lots has changed!

You only pant when out of stamina IF you block an attack that would deplete your stamina.

Low stance ki pulse (dashing to replenish stamina is gone)

Enemies don't all gang up on you if there are a lot.

The dual katanas are badass

Lots of new skills have been added

Ki pulse input has been changed (all you have to do is hold block and press the heavy attack button now) *drains enemy stamina

The lock on system is a lot better now as well. You also have the ability to auto lock onto the next opponent if the one currently locked has died. (I dont remember seeing this option in the alpha)

That is what I can remember off the top of my head.

Oh yea, they gave the main Character English battle cries while the enemies all still have the Japanese voices.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Low stance ki pulse (dashing and pressing R1 to replenish stamina is gone)

this needs to be fixed. this was a major difference in how this game was different then souls and its how all those combos were possible it needs to come back as priority one.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
this needs to be fixed. this was a major difference in how this game was different then souls and its how all those combos were possible it needs to come back as priority one.

Sorry I messed up when writing that. R1 to replenish stamina works, what I was meant to write was in the low stance, if you dashed your stamina would automatically replenish. That has been removed.

Brute

Standard Donor
I've only played the tutorial so far. Framerate looks good, and no item degradation yet.

So far so good.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
no i mean team ninja needs to add the mechanic back in.
The R1 to replenish stamina is still in the game.

I was so sad when they toned it down, I can see why though. I suppose it's more realism.

@Fiend Busa Nah the one in the new beta is manual Ki pulse cancelling. You can't retain the other ki swap anymore and only lose like 2% stamina. (Using Low stance into the Mid/High and then going back to Low stance to retain Ki properties for being in low stance. That's gone. Some say it's a glitch, some say it's not. It did however make the game in close combat that much more fun while avoiding to get hit, like DMC Vergil fun.)

This (0:12 - 0:13) @Fiend Busa

The thrill of being naked doing fast paced things while trying to not get 1-shotted up close was hella fun. At first they couldn't touch my moving pipe, but now....they can hit my pipe! :( lol.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Im liking this demo waaaay more than the alpha, alot has changed for the better without it being streamlined or too easy.

Eh, this version isn't really that much different. If anything, I find this one to be slightly easier due to AI having a shift in commands with the aggro'd enemies. They also buffed the AI when you are sneaking up behind them for a slash, even at certain distance they can turn around and swing at you.

Like for example having 3 enemies on screen, there are cases where the 3rd enemy will just sit there until the first two enemies finish an attack. In the first demo all 3 of them attack regardless of what you are doing. That was much harder to deal with.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
@DestructionBomb

"Using Low stance into the Mid/High and then going back to Low stance to retain Ki properties for being in low stance. That's gone."

That's been changed to a skill. You can buy skills that give you Ki for switching stances.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD