Nioh General Discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
Night and day compared to the Alpha demo. I've been enjoying this one a great deal, whereas the previous demo was merely an exercise in nausea.

Good work, Team Ninja.

I do have a question, though. How exactly does the "Level Up" system work? I know you have "Samurai Skills" which are separate from stats (stats are upgraded with amrita at shrines?), but I'm not exactly clear how each increases. Do you get Samurai skills for upgrading weapon familiarity? If so, would it not be advantageous to carry around as many weapons as possible to keep farming Samurai points?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just bought all the Katana skills involving stance switching+Ki Pulse with the exception of damage increase from low health and Haze to save up points, you still can't do the Ki Pulse dash cancelling from shifting back to Low-Mid and keeping the properties, just tried it. It's a manual switch where he'll sit there first, and then dodge, but you won't keep the properties from the new stance. (basically there is this long ass recovery time after leaving the stance. Even if you timed it perfectly you'll still get hit from not being out of it in time because you are still in that recovery part.)

Not that it's a bad thing, it makes sense to take it away for a more Dark Souls feel. You can literally make some sick gameplays with it for really hard runs though.

Brute

Standard Donor
I have to admit: the only negative elements of the game I'm finding in this version are the things lazily ripped from Dark Souls. The unique qualities of it are much better.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I suppose not, but the one we have now isn't exactly bad either. It didn't feel like a downgrade but more indifferent on the matter. I definitely did like the fast pace Ki Pulse switching instantly from stance to stance but what exactly can we do here? it's not like the game went into shambles. Heck, it's playable for the highest part.

Brute

Standard Donor
I have a funny feeling that Demon Thrust will be nerfed before the final release.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I suppose not, but the one we have now isn't exactly bad either. It didn't feel like a downgrade but more indifferent on the matter. I definitely did like the fast pace Ki Pulse switching instantly from stance to stance but what exactly can we do here? it's not like the game went into shambles. Heck, it's playable for the highest part.

i don't think its going to be a bad game, but id prefer something unique over just a souls clone and ki dodging made this games skill ceiling much more different than Souls. i was so looking forward to mastering that system during this beta only to learn it got removed.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
i don't think its going to be a bad game, but id prefer something unique over just a souls clone and ki dodging made this games skill ceiling much more different than Souls. i was so looking forward to mastering that system during this beta only to learn it got removed.

Yeah I feel your pain on the removal. I thought it was hella cool and adds difficulty factor to just dodging things. Like equipping lightweight gear and testing it out for a new way of approach. If you get hit twice and you die, it's on you and I enjoyed that bit.

Still, didn't really change my mood for the beta with the upcoming game.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
im not mourning it just yet. they're still asking for our opinions and number 1 priority for me is going to be ki dodge.

fuck if we can get Leon and Ein in DOA when nobody is asking i assume we can get some fix to this ESPECIALLY considering it had nothing to do with the games complaints from before. in fact it would actually make the game easier, probably to easy as far as the twin blades are concerned but dam are these things fun. ive just been running around in low stance messing with these for half an hour.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Before I even start the demo (waiting for it to download my previous save) I find the most badass thing about it:

On the main menu, highlight the Setting option and just watch. Fucking hilarious. Also cute. But hilarious.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so heard that the bow controls were ruined...yeah thats complete BS. the controls for it are fucking great and now you can even dodge while firing.

and regarding the ki dash thing, fuck i don't know this game already feels great and the more i play with it the more i feel like they would break the game. you ARE incentivized to change stances through other upgrades so while you may not be able to one shot a boss with one stamina bar maybe you shouldn't be able to. this is clearly a balance choice and they've given you so much stamina to work with in low stance already it seems like it would be overkill especially considering enemies stagger more easily now.

now that ive got my hands on it again ive fallen in love all over again. ive never had so much fun with just a demo and because of some data fuck up i haven't even seen the new levels. my progress wouldn't load so i have to start over.

Last edited:

Argentus

im not mourning it just yet. they're still asking for our opinions and number 1 priority for me is going to be ki dodge.

fuck if we can get Leon and Ein in DOA when nobody is asking i assume we can get some fix to this ESPECIALLY considering it had nothing to do with the games complaints from before. in fact it would actually make the game easier, probably to easy as far as the twin blades are concerned but dam are these things fun. ive just been running around in low stance messing with these for half an hour.

The fuck you talking about?! There were threads! A contest! I won a shirt!

Anyways I haven't had a chance to ever try nioh. How's the gear looking? I got bored and dropped Blood borne when I realized all gear was the same ragged coats. Half the reason I love dark souls is the fashion.

So do you think nioh will be like blood borne or dark souls in that regard? Also are there playable females or is it just the dude in the ponytail from the promo images?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
The fuck you talking about?! There were threads! A contest! I won a shirt!

Anyways I haven't had a chance to ever try nioh. How's the gear looking? I got bored and dropped Blood borne when I realized all gear was the same ragged coats. Half the reason I love dark souls is the fashion.

So do you think nioh will be like blood borne or dark souls in that regard? Also are there playable females or is it just the dude in the ponytail from the promo images?

i meant TN wasn't asking for feedback

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD