Nioh General Discussion

ShinobiGuy

Question, let's say a weapon, Raikiri, you get it in one mission in the game, but also, you can forge later, is there a way for me to get an end game version of that weapon? like a divine variant or something? The other question is, how do i make weapons and equipment go +1 and so on...

Farm revenants for weapon drops, you can get lucky and get what you want.
To forge a divine variant you have to use divine fragments, you get these easiest from dissambling divine gear (revenant farming). Press triangle when on the FORGE button to add the fragments. 10 fragments = 85% chance of a divine forge.
To get +1 +2 +3 and so on you have to soul match two items with the same + lvl, this will increase the +lvl of your base item. Or one without any + with an item that has +1 to get it on the one without. Takes a while as you may need to create a bunch of items with +1 +2 +3 and so on to use for soul matching.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Question, let's say a weapon, Raikiri, you get it in one mission in the game, but also, you can forge later, is there a way for me to get an end game version of that weapon? like a divine variant or something? The other question is, how do i make weapons and equipment go +1 and so on...

Yeah there is a divine version for it. You can also forge them using Divine Fragments or revenant drops. There are other ways to obtain divine weapons/gears too.

So to get equipments higher than +1, you either get it from drops from stages in higher region difficulty or soul matching gear that have the same base number. So for example if you want a +2 weapon you'll have to gather two +1 weapons and soul match it together to gain a +2. If you want a +15 weapon, you'll have to get two +14 weapons and put it together. You can also use a higher base + item to make a lower one increase by 1.

Also to note that it becomes much cheaper if you soul match it of the same weapon type (two Raikiri for example) instead of using a SWORD and a SPEAR together. Same as with gear where it becomes much more expensive if you are using the chest as the base item to gain a higher value using the ingredient that isn't within the chest category or of the same gear name/sets. It becomes even more expensive if you are trying to soul match a really low level gear into a higher level gear. (Like changing a 170 weapon into a 200+ weapon). With the new traits update, you can also use gear with the star trait Soul Matching Cost Reduction to reduce the cost of the gear you want to soul match it with.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Here are the English notes:
http://imgur.com/a/nybE6
4kYiYYW.jpg

LtBN4wf.jpg

HO10pb7.jpg

cleMd9x.jpg

seems they addressed most reported issues, like the equipment set issue and the closed boss door in yokai country, broken difficulty filter and the sawayama crash.

- lowered the probability of getting the special effect “damage towards [enemy type]”

Well it was too common, like 70% chance on a forged weapon. They should probably increase the values as well. The Yokai CCD stat has a higher cap than all of these, so it's not even situationally useful (well unless maybe for shuriken throwers). If it had like 50% bonus vs [most annoying enemies] I might consider it.

- fixed a bug during the Katakura Shigenaga where the surrounding cover fire would sometimes not trigger

I actually never had them trigger and always wondered if they are supposed to shoot at you during the fight… well I guess that makes the fight a bit more interesting.

- fixed a bug where the player would take damage if in physical contact with the ogress right when she is defeated

that one is kinda old, I'm almost certain that killed me once

Kensei25

Huge interview with Nioh Director Fumihiko Yasuda: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/523/1523637/

Some translations courtesty of BlackKite on Twitter:

*If #Nioh gets a sequel, Yasuda promises it wouldn't take another 10 years to finish it because they now have solid game design & experience.

Considerations for #Nioh sequel settings range from other famous Sengoku figures to people in Genpei war & Heian era. But first focus on DLC

Koei want to make #Nioh sequel, but William's story should end with 3rd DLC. So the sequel should have different character and/or era.

Yasuda want to consider #Nioh collab contents with Ninja Gaiden & Samurai Warriors, but not Dead or Alive bc world setting's very different.

Yasuda wants to include more weapon types in #Nioh so expect even more to be added in the next DLC batches.*

EDIT --- Summary of interview in full at RPGSite: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5577-ni...erent-era-or-new-character-other-than-william

Last edited:

Kensei25

Agreed, this interview is music to my ears. I love the idea of a Nioh sequel being with a different character and different era in Japan. It feels right that William's story end with the DLCs.

Here is my hope: new Ninja Gaiden in 2018 and a new Nioh in 2019-20.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Koei want to make #Nioh sequel, but William's story should end with 3rd DLC. So the sequel should have different character and/or era.

Well I have no problem with William's story ending with the 3rd DLC either, but how that quote is worded, I'm wondering if that means by era does that mean even outside of Japan's era? Because the only other time periods I know of is Ancient Japan and the time before the Three Warlords of Japan was up and about.

Yasuda want to consider #Nioh collab contents with Ninja Gaiden & Samurai Warriors, but not Dead or Alive bc world setting's very different.

I find this honestly weird...
Not that they don't want to do a DOA Collab, that makes sense as the world's setting is too different, but why is Ninja Gaiden considered since it's in the same setting as DOA? That makes no sense to me unless he meant to word it more like the tone of the games is too different which would make more sense(since DOA is far less based on the supernatural to some extent compared to Ninja Gaiden).

Samurai Warriors just makes too much sense.

Kensei25

The era of the current Nioh game is the early 1600s---basically the very end of the Sengoku (Warring States) era and beginning of the Edo era (Tokugawa shogunate).

There are still then a ton of era options in Japan's feudal past to set a new game. Specifically mentioned was something earlier during the Sengoku (Warring States) era 1400s-1500s, which is incredibly rich in historical content. Going further back in time there is then the "Genpei War" which is the major war/conflict between the Taira and Minamoto samurai families in the 1200s (the Mongol attack was around this same time). Then there is the Heian era which would be ancient Japan (the 1000s)....

just_me

Standard Donor
So 1.10 dropped already and comes with a lot of balance changes.
http://imgur.com/a/3D1L4
nYYiio2.jpg

I am too lazy to embed 14 slides, so look at the imgur album.

Mostly adjustments to get PvP under control. Rest is primarily buffs, if it's nerfs almost exclusively for PvP and if it's a PVE nerf, it's stuff that most people considered too good (Windstorm, Blade Spin, Throwing Weapon Dmg). They even give everyone free stuff in case they feel the need to make a whole new build, though some people still seem to be salty.
EDIT: it's hilarious… I've seen comments complaining that Team Ninja patches too much… how on earth did Nioh attract such a whiny audience?

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Let's be real here, the Kusarigama deserved these changes. I have seen too many people and Youtube videos (Literally over 30 videos) of people blade spinning everything. I remember seeing some guy Blade Spin his entire way of stages but was completely bad on the standard movekit with the Kusarigama while actually mashing his way without dodging or anything in WoTD, he quickly reverted right back to his blade spinning after burning up 6 elixirs. I can imagine the users trying that stuff now on PvP but I'm enjoying these balance changes so I think what TN did was a good thing. Lots of people only picked up the Kusarigama just for this reason alone.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
I'm personally fine with all the PvE nerfs they have done so far… Sword Mystic Art, Carnage, even Haze (a guaranteed Ki drain with the Combo potential after is just too much) and it's not even like the made any of those things outright useless. Even now you can still kill most mobs with a single Blade Spin and only Bosses, Fog/Red Enemies take 2-3 spins. Same for Kunai Damage etc.

Anyway they should reduce the amount of static bonuses in the game (equipment rolls, sets, clan, guardians etc.) for Nioh 2/Ultimate/GotY edition, it's just too much and leads to the somewhat uncontrollable “mess” we have right now. The difference between properly optimized and generic builds is just too great. If they'd balance content around optimized builds it's basically unclearable for average joe. It's also one of the main issues for PvP imo (besides the fact that “bring your own build PvP” was a retarded idea to begin with – though that's what (the Souls) players asked for), if you want to PvP properly you have to be like 300+, lvl 200 gear, good rolls… or accept that some players will just smash you to pieces.

I actually wonder what they will include with the next DLC, can't see them make a difficulty above WotD to be honest (unless the other DLC auto includes WotD as well), some Bloody Palace/Eternal Legend like thing might be an option imo. Fight waves of enemies on the Yokai realm map every 10th wave is a boss, Teleport to checkpoint room after to switch some stuff around and go on, or quit and keep your loot/Amrita etc. If you die you lose everything and it's back to square one. Can't see them do some Chalice Dungeon/Nephalem Rift like system, too much work for the small player base that's left.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Makes sense. By the way, I encountered a glitch on the recent 1.10 where Masamune dropped glitched money and had his body stuck on the ground when I did a coop mission. When he did his jumping wind attack I hit him in the air as he's about to land from Kato's spirit attack and he fell and got stuck through the floor. This was the same way of that silly floating skull videos under the stairs in the bathhouse that gave you a shit ton of Amrita every time the skull started shaking. Being serious, he literally dropped 10 billions of money and the sound effect of picking it up kept going that the noise was unbearable to the point where I had to lower my monitor because it was so loud. Eventually the noise stopped and money no longer dropped. Masamune also was constantly getting hit with 19 points of damage through the floor. Unfortunately I started recording like 2 minutes after because it was way too quick to get my capture card and record asap. (I always seem to forget to use the Playstation capture, I never use it). Here:

How do I feel about this? will hilariously admit, farming money was always a pain for me so not exactly sure if I should be happy or not. I was however surprised to the point that this glitch did the unthinkable due to the fact that you are not suppose to get money until after the battle is over (video up there even showed that I got money until after I beat the boss first). I seen a similar video on reddit where someone got Magoichi stuck on the ceiling and Amrita+MONEY started piling in but the player was getting a shit ton more than the floating skull from the early patches.

just_me

Standard Donor
v1.12! Team Ninja is still pretty dedicated to patch this game and again it's a lot of stuff people asked for (I think by now it's pretty certain that TN reads the /r/Nioh subreddit)

KiQPpcq.jpg

dwTQ4US.jpg

remaining notes in the imgur album

Given that they introduced a new reforge mechanic, I wonder if they will deprecate the old system at some point.
And they finally added Music support… yeah XD

edit: the addressed a bug that came with 1.12 so we are already at 1.13

The material for Tempering – Umbracite – can be obtained from Twilight Missions (Quality depends on Difficulty), but only from the first clear per rotation, so Twilight Missions are even more like some sort of daily quest now. The other Umbracite source is Co-op, it seems the highest tier only drops from “reds” in WotD missions. I might actually do my “dailies” every now and then to stack up on some Umbracite for the next DLC.

Last edited:

v1.12! Team Ninja is still pretty dedicated to patch this game and again it's a lot of stuff people asked for (I think by now it's pretty certain that TN reads the /r/Nioh subreddit)

KiQPpcq.jpg

dwTQ4US.jpg

remaining notes in the imgur album

Given that they introduced a new reforge mechanic, I wonder if they will deprecate the old system at some point.
And they finally added Music support… yeah XD

edit: the addressed a bug that came with 1.12 so we are already at 1.13

The material for Tempering – Umbracite – can be obtained from Twilight Missions (Quality depends on Difficulty), but only from the first clear per rotation, so Twilight Missions are even more like some sort of daily quest now. The other Umbracite source is Co-op, it seems the highest tier only drops from “reds” in WotD missions. I might actually do my “dailies” every now and then to stack up on some Umbracite for the next DLC.

Will the donation feature actually make it easier to get the female skins?

just_me

Standard Donor
Will the donation feature actually make it easier to get the female skins?

Well it does help, but I don't think it's a huge deal. Also the more you donate the less Glory you get per donated piece, you start out with ~80 per divine (~40 for exotic) and it allegedly goes all the way down to 8/divine donation. Co-op and PvP are faster for Glory gains, so it won't help much in this case, but if you only play solo it's a useful boost.

Brute

Standard Donor
The double boss missions are absolutely terrible. If you're doing them solo, you're left with one of two scenarios:
1) You have have an abusive/broken build (or are way over-leveled/geared) and glide through unscathed, as you probably do in every level.
2) Get lucky or get rekt.

The double boss missions are absolutely terrible. If you're doing them solo, you're left with one of two scenarios:
1) You have have an abusive/broken build (or are way over-leveled/geared) and glide through unscathed, as you probably do in every level.
2) Get lucky or get rekt.

Or 3) Abuse the fuck out of the stages itself or one of the bosses first and foremost to win(like you MUST fight Munishige/Nobunaga first before Tadakatsu/Nohime)... but then you face off against the NEW double boss battles they added and then you just want to end life itself(go through a gauntlet of pretty strong phantoms...and then you face off against Obsidian Samurai AND Nobunaga at the same time...)

Brute

Standard Donor
Basically, yeah. I'm going for the "Beat all missions on Way of the Demon" trophy and I've only got about 5 left, but they seem to be impossible with my current level/gear. So I now have to grind a bunch by spamming bullshit cheese in high-level missions over-and-over until I'm afforded a fair shot. I love this game, but in the higher post-game stuff everything begins to feel very sloppy and hodgepodge.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm hyped. With the tonfa being added, I can only hope that the third DLC will feature the nunchaku (or vigoorian flail).

New difficulty. Does that mean I'm going to have to finish the Destroyer of Demons trophy all over again?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD