Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
She's pretty fun. However, what I love most about her is her personality. It's because of this that I tried to use characters in past based on their personality, but in reality, I was ass with them because they didn't fit my play style. Nyotengu is probably going to be such a character. I like her aesthetic, but fighting style wise, Tengu-Do is just not my forte. I'm still fiddling around with her though.

Brute

Standard Donor
She's pretty fun. However, what I love most about her is her personality. It's because of this that I tried to use characters in past based on their personality, but in reality, I was ass with them because they didn't fit my play style. Nyotengu is probably going to be such a character. I like her aesthetic, but fighting style wise, Tengu-Do is just not my forte. I'm still fiddling around with her though.
So basically my experience has been the exact opposite of all of this.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yes, you're a better player than me, after all.
Couldn't say. Never played you.

But my post was actually in reference to my personal preferences regarding Tengu-do and Nyotengu's personality, the former of which I love whereas the latter I disdain.

Chapstick

I looked up oiran on google and a lot of the women were holding pipes (which I found out are called kiseru). If you look at Nyotengu's back where that rope bow is, there's a kiseru tied in it.

tumblr_nbc7qgPU1p1rje51ao1_400.png

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Couldn't say. Never played you.

But my post was actually in reference to my personal preferences regarding Tengu-do and Nyotengu's personality, the former of which I love whereas the latter I disdain.
I tend to like video game females who are the arrogant, yet lavish types. Main reason why I love Lili in Tekken and Rachel in Blazblue.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Her theme is Oiran Drive. Check out who is Oiran and you find out the context of her behaviour.

That explains A LOT!

I looked up oiran on google and a lot of the women were holding pipes (which I found out are called kiseru). If you look at Nyotengu's back where that rope bow is, there's a kiseru tied in it.

tumblr_nbc7qgPU1p1rje51ao1_400.png

The only thing Nyotengu misses is a badass Japanese tattoo now. Something like this:

tumblr_mt1jhuWTsP1qjug00o1_400.jpg

Kronin

I believe that even her main outfit, a kimono opened in the middle of the legs and not on a side like usually, it's a characteristic of the oiran for obvious reasons (that anyway were far from being simple women of pleasure)

The only thing Nyotengu misses is a badass Japanese tattoo now. Something like this:

tumblr_mt1jhuWTsP1qjug00o1_400.jpg

She is an oiran not a yakuza XD

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
You all say look up oiran and that explains her attitude. Minus the sexuality Nyotengu is exactly like Bankotsubo.

Kris Emery

Guys does nyo tengu have a floor taunt when she's lying down? It showed one in her teaser video after HITOMI taunts her?

Keylay

Her theme is Oiran Drive. Check out who is Oiran and you find out the context of her behaviour.

I knew it. I forget if it was Memoirs of Geisha or from somewhere else, but I remember hearing that geisha had their bows tied in the back of the kimono like a lady. While the fake geisha tied it in the front for easier access. That was the first thing that I noticed when I saw where Nyotengu's bow was tied.

Darkton93

Got my hands on Nyo. Gameplay-wise I enjoy her a lot. But then, I enjoyed playing as OG Tengu in DOA2U, so that's no surprise. Still wonder why she doesn't have Bankotsubo's Half-Circle throw, but the one she did get is still good. Naturally, I play with a lot of her costumes, mask on, and am even considering some DLC ones just for the unique fans... well, except for that FRIGGIN' TOWEL. Seriously, hate the towels.

Speaking of towels, I can't help but wonder what the point was of making her to begin with. By this point, all the DLC characters for DOA5U are female. She has the exact same properties of OG Tengu down to his weight, so why the need to blatantly change every trait of him until it's unrecognizable? I guess I can see why you guys were upset.

In closing, I will simply say, "Phase-3 activated. GOTO 10."

Chapstick

For some reason the can't-have-mask-without-the-original-hair-option doesn't apply to the school gym uniform or nurse. R2 on gym gives you hair down + mask (I was hoping to use this because it looks so silly) and R2 on the nurse gives you hair up + mask.

Oddly the cheerleader has its own unique mask colors.

Shiranui

Well, I was totally willing to play Nyotengu. Yesterday I could, finally. I have to say that I have opposite feelings. I love her fighting style and her personality. And her outfits. But voice (english) sounded more young that what I listened in he english videos and her face looks a bit too young for me (I don't understand why is something I realized just yestarday.. maybe because of HD, lol). Anyway, I really would like to give her a try and try to learn and get better and see if she will be my secondary or not. But I need to improve A LOT. So, yeah, I go to her combo/gameplay/videos threads and start studying... x__x

Squizzo

Does it bother anyone else that her fan disappears during some moves (namely throws) and randomly seems to swap hands. I know it would look weird if it didn't disappear during some grabs, but maybe it would look a bit better if it vanished in a puff of smoke or feathers or something, rather than disappearing in a single frame.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD