Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Does it bother anyone else that her fan disappears during some moves (namely throws) and randomly seems to swap hands. I know it would look weird if it didn't disappear during some grabs, but maybe it would look a bit better if it vanished in a puff of smoke or feathers or something, rather than disappearing in a single frame.
The real trip is when it disappears completely and just stays gone for the rest of the fight.

CFW

Does it bother anyone else that her fan disappears during some moves (namely throws) and randomly seems to swap hands. I know it would look weird if it didn't disappear during some grabs, but maybe it would look a bit better if it vanished in a puff of smoke or feathers or something, rather than disappearing in a single frame.

IDK about anyone else, but it looks like it vanishes and reappears in wind swirls during throws to me.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It does bother me that her fan switches hands and randomly disappears. I wish she'd just keep it in her right hand at all times like Bankotsubo did.

In regards to the random wind effects, I've noticed that they specifically seem to float around her fan when it teleports from hand to hand, and she has specific attacks that will warp the fan to whichever hand will be closest to the foe after the attack it complete.

As for throws and OHs, I've notice the fan disappear completely during 66T, and if you are in training and reset position while doing 66T, the fan will be gone completely, until you attack again. In addition, I've also noticed that fan will warp to her other hand during her air throw, if she was initially holding it in the hand that she grabs the foe with.

David Gregg

The Battle of Wind
ju7LXE.gif

Squizzo

IDK about anyone else, but it looks like it vanishes and reappears in wind swirls during throws to me.
On closer inspection you're right, although the wind animation seems to play less than half of the time for me. In most cases it vanishes with no animation.

Darth Lotonic X

DOA4 Tengu has every problem.

Nyotengu is godly compared to DOA4 Bank.

Godly? Pretty big overstatement. Let's compare:

What she gained:
Couple new strings
Super Throw
Air Throws
Shitty Ground Throw
New Stance that is pretty shit outside of juggles
Wind Attack is back from 2
A decent GB: 6K
Gimmicky pressure move: 6P+K (Worthless on block)
First part of Subway Stapler(66H+PP) is much more useful than in 4

What she lost:
Lots of weight
Follow up to Tengu's best ranged attack: H+K
2PP used to be better.

Is she better? Yes, but the weight class change and the removal of any viable mid range options definitely don't make her godly in comparison. Still a piece a shit.

Shiranui

Is there any guide of how to select hair/mask? xD
I feel totally lost when I want to choose an specific hairstyle and with/without mask because button options change with each outfit

I will never understand why hairstyle and accessories are hidden options. It would be easier if we have a little image popup of what hairstyle / accessory you are chosing when you press an specific button.

werewolfgold

Is there any guide of how to select hair/mask? xD
I feel totally lost when I want to choose an specific hairstyle and with/without mask because button options change with each outfit

I will never understand why hairstyle and accessories are hidden options. It would be easier if we have a little image popup of what hairstyle / accessory you are chosing when you press an specific button.
It's part of the ADVENTURE.

Anyhoo. Swiped this from Gamefaqs.

C1, C4, C5, C12, C13:
  • default: hair up, no mask, headgear
  • L1: hair up, mask, headgear
  • R1: hair up, no mask, no headgear
  • L2: hair down, no mask, headgear
  • R2: hair down, no mask, no headgear

C2, C6, C7, C8:
  • default: hair down, no mask, headgear
  • L1: hair down, mask, headgear
  • R1: hair down, no mask, no headgear
  • L2: hair up, no mask, headgear
  • R2: hair up, no mask, no headgear

C3, C9:
  • default: mask
  • L1: hair down, no mask
  • R1 / L2 / R2 : hair up, no mask

C10:
  • default: hair up, no mask, no headgear
  • R1: hair down, no mask, no headgear
  • L2 / R2: hair down, mask headgear

C11:
  • default: hair up, no mask, headgear
  • R1: hair down, mask, headgear
  • L2 / R2: hair down, no mask, headgear

C14:
  • default: hair down, no mask, nurse cap
  • L1: hair down, mask, headgear
  • R1: hair up, no mask, nurse cap
  • L2 / R2: hair up, mask, headgear

Brute

Standard Donor
Did you even play Doa4? Tengu was garbage in Doa4 but you talk as if he was the only piece of shit in it.
Regarding your earlier comparison, DOA4 Tengu did not have an i7 punish throw and his 6PP string was far less effective than Nyo's, even without considering the bait capacity of the new i12 throw. His oki options were 10 times worse than Nyo's, and her damage capacity is far ahead of what his was. None of this was addressed in your post and it's all incredibly important.

So, until you make a legitimate comparison between the two, drop the condescending attitude. I have played 4 and there was a lot of shit in it, but Tengu was a special kind of shit even in that environment.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
After playing with the lovely Nyo for approximately 1 day, I can say that she's certainly a fun character to play as. I will disregard the reviews from others for now.

What I enjoyed about Tengu mechanically was what I could find in DOA4, he was an ocean of secrets, and I'm feeling Nyo is the same deal. Some of the shit I've done... some of the shit I've seen it just doesn't add up and I'm studying some of it right now, but this is supposed to be a fun time for Tengu players, not a miserable experience.

With that being said I'm totally down to reopen the bring back Bankotsubo business for Last Round.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD