Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

deiteu

This is strange, I asked a confirmation for it to @TOBMAST3R and he answered me that the PS3 lack of an English system voice for Nyotengu (not sure for Xbox). Did you try to select in the option English dub and then try to look for Nyotengu voice and making start a match?

My doubt is that when you unlock the system setting voice, you can find the Nyotengu's one in the system settings only having selected the Japanese Dub, but if you change it to English, the possibility to select her voice should disappear. However I have no confirmation for it not owning the character.

I have her on 360 and finished her command training today, she only has a Japanese system voice on mine as well. Yeah I got an alert saying her system voice was unlocked afterwards. Already have the English dub on and put a match on with her system voice set and I heard her Japanese system voice instead.

Kronin

I have her on 360 and finished her command training today, she only has a Japanese system voice on mine as well. Yeah I got an alert saying her system voice was unlocked afterwards. Already have the English dub on and put a match on with her system voice set and I heard her Japanese system voice instead.

Thanks, at this point it's definitely confirmed: I had already requested to TN to add her English system setting, I don't think that this will happen with DoA5U, but I hope that at least this will be included in Last Round.

I can't absolutely say the reason because it's absent when the game include the English dub of Nyotengu's lines: maybe did they forget to register/add it? But seems to me a too much big missing for being a mistake...

deiteu

Thanks, at this point it's definitely confirmed: I had already requested to TN to add her English system setting, I don't think that this will happen with DoA5U, but I hope that at least this will be included in Last Round.

I can't absolutely say the reason because it's absent when the game include the English dub of Nyotengu's lines: maybe did they forget to register/add it? But seems to me a too much big missing for being a mistake...

No problem! I don't think they'll patch it either with 5U but it will probably be in LR. I actually think they forgot it tbh since I can't understand why it's not in the game. Hopefully TN see your request and will resolve the matter.

Lady Tengu

Seriously, are two different voices? But I really can't notice the difference...

Yup two different people. Listen to them side by side play versus with the Japanese VAs then The English.

EDIT! Oh wow! They re recorded her system voice before it was her I guess us westerns didn't aprove.

Kronin

Yup two different people. Listen to them side by side play versus with the Japanese VAs then The English.

EDIT! Oh wow! They re recorded her system voice before it was her I guess us westerns didn't aprove.

So in Ultimate they were effectively 2 different VA (I wasn't able to notice it) while in Last Round they use always the same JP VA? But in this case I think that it's more likely that is the outcome of a glitch.

Lady Tengu

So in Ultimate they were effectively 2 different VA (I wasn't able to notice it) while in Last Round they use always the same JP VA? But in this case I think that it's more likely that is the outcome of a glitch.

I belive people having only Japanese system voices while the language is set to English is a glitch. When I switch my VAs the system voice changes with it.

Kronin

I belive people having only Japanese system voices while the language is set to English is a glitch. When I switch my VAs the system voice changes with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, later I will make some attempts of this kind =)

Somnia

I can't win. Can someone please help me escaping characters with heavy pressure? Fast characters just run over me. I can't do anything.

Codemaster92163

It's rough. You really need to work on your defense, know what advantage the opponent is at, and punish or crush accordingly. She really has a difficult time beating the faster rush down characters.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I would suggest learning to use her offensive holds and develop a way to use them to interrupt your opponents when they are running at you.

Last edited:

synce

For faster characters just use 2PP and make them scared to run at you with 7K/7P. The OH is good too. Never had problems since DOA4 using this strat :)

Somnia

These are great tips all, I'm having a little easier time. 2pp is a really great move I probably wasn't using enough. I've just relied on the p+k to interrupt but its much harder to follow up after that. Thanks.

v1ltt1

Since the "bring Back tengu" thing was a failure and we got this bad joke nyoslut, we should try harder to ask for Bankotsubo to next doa so this doesnt happen again. because we asked for tengu but not bankotsubo team ninja thought that anything with wings would be ok dammit.
So butthurt

synce

I'm pretty happy with her, basically I can play her exactly like DOA4 Tengu. The only thing I miss is tengu's laugh during 9P,T because it really was funny when someone got caught by it. Also her being a middleweight is stupid

RubinRoon

I find myself using 6p+k a lot more than 2pp, honestly. Can anyone confirm/deconfirm whether that move crushes mids? It definitely seems to have a low profile hurtbox.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I've definitely taking a liking to Nyotengu lately, but it is difficult against a lot of the faster characters. 2PP and 6P+K is very useful against these types of characters. Also, a lot of players don't know the match up, so that helps me a little bit. However, like Eliot, I definitely have to be more defensive with Nyotengu than I anticipated.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD