Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

mizking

I won't be surprised if the PS4 version in censored head to toe. Heck, I won't even be surprised if I bought it and all I see is this, after playing that camera pose mode
2000px-Flag_of_Afghanistan_(1880–1901).svg.png

otnesse

Great, now they just screwed the pooch...

At least Venus Vacation actually allows for new characters to get in. They should have added the others in (and NOT JUST Misaki, I mean), especially when one of the things I was really looking forward to was the cut six finally being allowed in. There's no excuse for not including them: For goodness sakes, to use a comparison, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a Nintendo Switch game, has all the characters from past entries, plus an upwards of 8 characters, not even counting the 6 DLC characters, and hundreds of stages. And don't even get me started on Dead or Alive 5 Last Round's PS4 version and how it added in over 36 characters, and STILL had more room left over for the loads of DLC outfits and even adding in new features like transformations or destruction clothing gimmicks. If those games can add in that many playable characters and stages, DOAX3S most certainly can add in the nine characters, the cut six, AND the current five OCs (including the girl known only as NAG), not to mention a WHOLE lot more.

Such a shame, as I was REALLY looking forward to getting it on the Switch, alongside accessing the episodes, would act as a really big break from getting Japanese text and translating it via Bing (you have NO idea how hard it was to get those texts and make sure they were as accurate as possible via my translator app, and then emailing them to myself). But no, those idiots at KT STILL screwed up.

Well, on the plus side, we might at least get them via DLC, though I kind of wish they'd just add the current girls up to release from the start (besides Misaki, I mean). I can understand girls who debuted in DOAXVV AFTER DOAX3S, but not any of the girls before them.

Xerampelinae

I get that people would be mad about the lotions and fans not being able to be used in the PS4 version, but myself personally, I don't use those items, so I may just get the PS4 version. Because let's be real - I'm trash for this series and will still buy the damn thing day 1

HHH816

what's with the black box lol.

btw plugging switch into tv is such a hassle ..need a switch dock and the tv setting will mess up.

Yuffie

No English/Asian version either.
Well there's still a chance that could change.
4 months isn't that far off. I wonder how long X3S was being worked on or if it's a port of X3 with more girls.
My concern is will they add more girls later on and and post dlc besides swimsuits.

belts

Since the fans are used to cause outfit destruction, this also implies there will be none of that on the PS4 version. I bet there will be a lot more censored as well that isn't mentioned. Watch there be cut swimsuits and scenes because they are too sexy for SONY now. I wouldn't even be surprised if they end up not including the VR mode or neutering it to the point where it's just one outfit and one scene.

God, I really hate SONY more by the day lately...

And are you guys serious that they aren't doing an Asian/English sub version?

*SIGH*

Yuffie

Since the fans are used to cause outfit destruction, this also implies there will be none of that on the PS4 version. I bet there will be a lot more censored as well that isn't mentioned. Watch there be cut swimsuits and scenes because they are too sexy for SONY now. I wouldn't even be surprised if they end up not including the VR mode or neutering it to the point where it's just one outfit and one scene.

*SIGH*
Does this mean the pole dance will be cut off? I hope not.
And then X3 had a lack of scenes too since you couldn't copy the other girls' gravures.
Didn't X3 have a Japan version only until later on a Asian version was announced?

Honestly X3 doesn't have anything too extreme, maybe just the malfunctions and maybe the VR mode.

Last edited:

otnesse

*SIGH*

No kidding, especially that last bit. You know just how hard it is to use my translator app to get the Japanese text, make sure I've gotten accurate characters, copy and paste the stupid text into an email, and then make sure I not only put it through Bing, but also make sure I add in musical notes and/or hearts to the end of each sentence? Especially with FMV scenes that have subtitles and not dialogue boxes where if they are near any light-colored objects they somehow "blend in" with the background and make translations nearly impossible. I was really hoping I'd have a massive break on my hands regarding the episodes, but no, they couldn't even allow me THAT. Would it have KILLED KT to at LEAST add in an English language option? And from what I gather of the website, they don't even bother to list the girls' nationalities AGAIN, which is ESPECIALLY tiresome as, even if the likes of Luna and Fiona WERE in the game, we'd STILL not know their nationalities. What the heck is wrong with listing the girls nationalities?!

Does this mean the pole dance will be cut off? I hope not.
And then X3 had a lack of scenes too since you couldn't copy the other girls' gravures.
Didn't X3 have a Japan version only until later on a Asian version was announced?

Eh, to be fair, I wasn't particularly happy with the pole dance being included in the first place. Didn't Itagaki state he removed wet T-shirt contests and trampoline games because they depicted the girls in a negative light? I'm not exactly sure how that depicted them in a more positive light. Still, it is pretty bad that Sony's getting way too censor-happy right now.

mizking

I expect a big black screen and nothing but a big black screen for the PS4 user.

I know the Switch version is going to get some graphical nerfs but it's at least something, I don't really touch the DOAX series but i own DOAX3 but whatever

otnesse

I expect a big black screen and nothing but a big black screen for the PS4 user.

I know the Switch version is going to get some graphical nerfs but it's at least something, I don't really touch the DOAX series but i own DOAX3 but whatever

So, something like Dan Rather's six minutes of a blank screen when throwing a fit about a Tennis match back in the 1980s that then-Presidential candidate George HW Bush alluded to in Rather's infamous attempt at ambush journalism?

Let's hope they at least allow the girls to actually TALK to each other like in past games, not to mention directly interact.

HHH816

DsVVqCjVAAAeB3j.jpg

anyone can translate that, so many x mark on ps4 version makes me feel unease

i only know ps4 will get 60fps..standard 1080p..ps4 should get checkerboard 4k for pro version

mizking

So, something like Dan Rather's six minutes of a blank screen when throwing a fit about a Tennis match back in the 1980s that then-Presidential candidate George HW Bush alluded to in Rather's infamous attempt at ambush journalism?

Let's hope they at least allow the girls to actually TALK to each other like in past games, not to mention directly interact.

Realistically I could see it toned down to about a DOAX1 level (the intro was dirtier than the entire game lmao)

belts

I wish the best of luck to our Japanese brethren that their voices may be heard. I'm trying to keep calm about this whole situation and refrain from going into "toxic gamer" mode, but this is now the second game I enjoy being hit by SONY's new policy. The first was Senran Kagura. And there are many more games that are being effected.

SilverForte

I don't get it. If they are removing things then what's the point? I might as well just pick up the original. All the girls I care about are already in anyways.

otnesse

I wish the best of luck to our Japanese brethren that their voices may be heard. I'm trying to keep calm about this whole situation and refrain from going into "toxic gamer" mode, but this is now the second game I enjoy being hit by SONY's new policy. The first was Senran Kagura. And there are many more games that are being effected.

Yeah, let's hope they reach out to Sony especially regarding the characters. If anyone can get them to change their minds, especially regarding stupid actions, it's the Japanese base. I'd make complaints via Twitter, but they tended to get ignored (I made similar complaints via that twitter page, and... well, let's put it this way, it didn't leave a dent in their decisions).

I don't get it. If they are removing things then what's the point? I might as well just pick up the original. All the girls I care about are already in anyways.

The only reasons I even WANT to play DOAX3S at all are the following: Adding in the cut girls as well as the DOAXVV girls (I really don't like characters being left out, especially when there's no reason to do so), and having an actual English translation of any sort. Oh, and also more activities. When they screw something like THIS up, it's pretty clear that they need incentive to change their mind.

Yuffie

no golden fan and skin care option for ps4:mad:
The Switch version gets fan and skin care? Wow and I thought Nintendo wouldn't allow that.
And very interesting that you can buy Misaki for X3. Hopefully doesn't take them 3 months for that after release.

mizking

I'm not the fUcK SoYnY BuY sWiTcH nOw guy but it is really strange to see other games with nudity and rape and all that other stuff (western games especially) but Japanese devs are forced to cover up. Maybe because those games aren't supposed to be sexual compared to the Japanese stuff that's being censored now but idk

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD