Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jadeinchains

Yeah I don't know about everyone else since I seem to be in the minority of people that like her but I think she looks cool and I'm definitely more interested in seeing what she's like, I'm also getting like a more mature vibe from her because of her looks with the amber/hazel eyes ( They look like that imo at least in the images. ) and brown hair. Who knows If that will turn out to be true though since obviously she could be completely different when they show a trailer of her.

EDIT: I probably won't be playing All-Stars, so I don't care if it's a spoiler - how is Honoka evil?

I'm guessing this is in reference to what I think Grunt said? Something about Hayabusa in all stars telling Honoka that he hopes she can control the power within her?

Yuffie

tumblr_owl4zgUWhO1vsb5ezo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_owl4zgUWhO1vsb5ezo2_1280.jpg

Jadeinchains

Lol at Honoka having mister moo on her swimsuit. :p These new swimsuits look really good as well. :O Momiji's and Helena's! All of them look great. And yeah they all seem to be wearing bracelets so I think accessories might be back. Has anyone translated what it says?

Edit: And yep I thought her eye's looked brown! :D I really like her eye's and hair too. :)

Xerampelinae

I really like the bathing suits they're all wearing. Especially Momiji/Hitomi's style. I'm not expecting any of this to be in DOAX3, but it would be nice. It would be really nice....c

I think Misaki is REALLY cute. I love her brown hair and eyes.

EDIT: Does it bother anyone else that Mister Moo is called MISTER Moo? That is obviously a female cow. She should be Miss Moo.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I really like the bathing suits they're all wearing. Especially Momiji/Hitomi's style. I'm not expecting any of this to be in DOAX3, but it would be nice. It would be really nice....c

I think Misaki is REALLY cute. I love her brown hair and eyes.

EDIT: Does it bother anyone else that Mister Moo is called MISTER Moo? That is obviously a female cow. She should be Miss Moo.
Well it's actual name is Momo-Chan so idk why it was localised as mister moo. I don't think momo is moo in Japanese.

@belts
People are saying Misaki is a Honoka/Marie clone because she's a very similar design. I mean her face is almost identical to Honoka and looks to be yet another 18yo Japanese school girl.

So there's some legitimate criticism, but we really need to see more of her character. Especially having Renkas voice, she could surprise us.

otnesse

So, now that we've got the high-quality scans for the magazine, think anyone can give a... clearer picture of what the Famitsu issue is trying to say, if there's any further details?

Yuffie

Fanservice game.

"Should we add the characters fans are asking for?"
"No. Add a new character that nobody asked for instead."

Fucking genius.
They just want 18 year olds to sell. Unfortunately Leifang, Tina , Christie, Mila are too old to advertise nowadays. The poll was stupid and unfair.
I mean this is to please the Jp/Asian fans. It's region locked unlike the PS4. Unless you use VPN or w/e it's called.

But yea us Western players aren't too pleased. And we don't even know it they will port any of these features over.

From the scans it mentions something called "Tension Burst" for volleyball but doesn't go into detail.
And says Misaki is a cute side ponytail girl.
You need some Client called DMM player to install the game.
Got the info from Gamefaqs.

Last edited:

Banana56

Misaki isn't generic looking, she's actually pretty cute. Plus we should wait to see how she actually turns out

I do hope they add more non Japanese schoolgirls after Misaki though, gotta have more diversity

Jadeinchains

Misaki isn't generic looking, she's actually pretty cute. Plus we should wait to see how she actually turns out

I do hope they add more non Japanese schoolgirls after Misaki though, gotta have more diversity

Same, Although I think after Misaki it's past time that the next characters are in they're 20's or something. :p

otnesse

They just want 18 year olds to sell. Unfortunately Leifang, Tina , Christie, Mila are too old to advertise nowadays. The poll was stupid and unfair.
I mean this is to please the Jp/Asian fans. It's region locked unlike the PS4. Unless you use VPN or w/e it's called.

But yea us Western players aren't too pleased. And we don't even know it they will port any of these features over.

From the scans it mentions something called "Tension Burst" for volleyball but doesn't go into detail.
And says Misaki is a cute side ponytail girl.
You need some Client called DMM player to install the game.
Got the info from Gamefaqs.

So, why is Nyotengu, Hitomi, and Momiji in this game again? Those three are definitely 20 or older (heck, Nyotengu if anything is literally over a millennia old), and that's not even taking into account Helena Douglas, who only got in over Leifang because we Westerners outsmarted the Team Ninja guys by using Japanese accounts (not me personally, but a lot of Westerners did). By that logic, they'd have reduced it further to just six girls that are playable.

Brute

Standard Donor
She looks like they took the Marie/Honoka face and then slimmed it down just a bit in the cheeks/jaw. The eyes in particular look generically redundant.

Yuffie

So, why is Nyotengu, Hitomi, and Momiji in this game again? Those three are definitely 20 or older (heck, Nyotengu if anything is literally over a millennia old), and that's not even taking into account Helena Douglas, who only got in over Leifang because we Westerners outsmarted the Team Ninja guys by using Japanese accounts (not me personally, but a lot of Westerners did).
Hmm well they are Japan does love their Japanese girls more than Tina, Lisa, and Christie, Mila combined.

Awesmic told me that Leifang lost because her voice actress wasn't available to voice act or something.

Regardless it is what it is. TN sucks in the fact that they just don't care what the fans want even though they KNOW what they want.

@Brute reusing assets at its finest.
Just another clone mesh to sell.

otnesse

Hmm well they are Japan does love their Japanese girls more than Tina, Lisa, and Christie, Mila combined.

Awesmic told me that Leifang lost because her voice actress wasn't available to voice act or something.

Regardless it is what it is. TN sucks in the fact that they just don't care what the fans want even though they KNOW what they want.

@Brute reusing assets at its finest.
Just another clone mesh to sell.

Isn't Hitomi technically German, though? Anyways, 1111qq of GameFAQs (you might know him, he's the guy who made the Devil Christie costume that was used for one of the Halloween costumes) mentioned they gamed the system and outsmarted Team Ninja by making their own accounts (and going by some screencaps for the polls before then, Leifang was actually likely to be the ninth girl, which supports the claim).

And anyways, I'm pretty sure Tina got quite a bit of merchandise in Japan, such as some oppai mousepads, being part of the One Coin Figurine lineup for XBV alongside the other girls as well as the Venus on the Beach figurine set (which is especially notable since she was the only non-Asian character to get a figurine), badges, and a B2 tapestry alongside Mila, so I wouldn't necessarily claim that Tina was unpopular in Japan.

Last edited:

Yuffie

Isn't Hitomi technically German, though? Anyways, 1111qq of GameFAQs (you might know him, he's the guy who made the Devil Christie costume that was used for one of the Halloween costumes) mentioned they gamed the system and outsmarted Team Ninja by making their own accounts (and going by some screencaps for the polls before then, Leifang was actually likely to be the ninth girl, which supports the claim).

And anyways, I'm pretty sure Tina got quite a bit of merchandise in Japan, such as some oppai mousepads, a figurine of her wearing some bikinis and diving, and a wall-scroll, so I wouldn't necessarily claim that Tina was unpopular in Japan.
She's half Japanese and half German. But yea shows more of German side.
I've seen that 1111qq person.

Tina is popular but she was like 11th on the poll. She would be an awesome fit for DOAX3. That Electra and Taygeta set were good

Banana56

They should at least start making non-Japanese Asian characters. Lei Fang is the only one in DOA among the girls. Add a Korean or Taiwanese character or something.

Taiwanese actually would be more unique, the only one in an FG was Linn from King Of Combat

linn-xuan.jpg

Korean female characters also bring a lot of interest and tend to be fan favs, like Juri and D.va

latest

thumb-1920-705926.png

Or even a Thai girl. I doubt there is one in a fighting game

Also more races in general would be interesting to see. You can only release so many Japanese girls (Kasumi, Ayame, Hitomi, Kokoro, Momiji, Phase 4, NyoTengu, Honoka, Misaki) before it starts to become to much considering it's a worldwide tournament series. Technically Hitomi and Kokoro are biracial, but still

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What difference would another nationality even make? It's not as if they really do something with those nationalities. Yeah, sometimes they give the German girl a Bavarian dress (which they then also give to all the other girls) or the Chinese girl a Chinese dress (which they then give to all the other girls as well.) Nationality or ethnic background is of zero consequence as long as they are moe and kawaii.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD