Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

if she's not part of the island staff, we could see a new character for DOA6

To be fair, Lisa was first introduced in Xtreme Beach Volleyball, presumably as one of the island staff, and she became a fighter. Let's wait and see. Who knows, maybe even Misaki could turn out to be a fighter herself.

Jadeinchains

I'm just immediately happy because she's an actual new DOA character and not a guest character. It will be great If we keep on getting more and more girls added to the game ( We definitely need the missing girls to return as well )

So far we've got a lot of younger looking girls, ( This Luna character looks as If she'll be 18 - 20 ) so I keep thinking It would be really cool to get a more mature looking woman next who's more in her mid 20's or higher. I also keep imagining maybe she'd be from India etc which would be cool and would also add more diversity to the game since so far the game has no dark skinned ( woc ) characters. ( Which is also another reason why bringing the old girls back would be good since Lisa would add to it too )

otnesse

Described as "cool and busty" according to Dualshockers.

She reminds me of a mix between Christie and Jigglypuff.

According to Bing Translator regarding the Famitsu article...

"The weekly Famitsu February 1.8 merger issue (released on January 18, 2018) publishes the latest information on the communication game "dead or Alive Extreme Venus Vacations" in the DMM games. This time, introducing the new character "Luna" will be implemented soon! It seems to be a child of the feeling which begins to say the crazy thing. Please see the magazine for details!"

Of course, I don't know if that's the most accurate translation, especially considering that Bing Translator's pretty sloppy.

KwonJigglypuff

I'm just immediately happy because she's an actual new DOA character and not a guest character. It will be great If we keep on getting more and more girls added to the game ( We definitely need the missing girls to return as well )

So far we've got a lot of younger looking girls, ( This Luna character looks as If she'll be 18 - 20 ) so I keep thinking It would be really cool to get a more mature looking woman next who's more in her mid 20's or higher. I also keep imagining maybe she'd be from India etc which would be cool and would also add more diversity to the game since so far the game has no dark skinned ( woc ) characters. ( Which is also another reason why bringing the old girls back would be good since Lisa would add to it too )

She looks as white as the moon though. But I agree with you.

I'd also love if she had a more "spiritual"/"ethereal" vibe than the other girls.

Jadeinchains

She looks as white as the moon though. But I agree with you.

I'd also love if she had a more "spiritual"/"ethereal" vibe than the other girls.

By looking "as white as the moon" ( lol fitting! ) Do you mean this Luna girl, Cause If so then definitely she looks white, I think she'll be from a European country. If we hopefully continue to keep getting more girls added to the game in the future though who are from other country's like India etc though would be really cool and add diversity.

KwonJigglypuff

"child of feeling/feeling child" = I think she will be very dynamic, loud, awkard and juvenile. Or just "lunar" like Luna Lovegood.

But maybe it's just a cover and she's actually Christie's MIST cyborg baby :eek:

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

koqQeEv.jpg

It was brought to my attention that she has a lot of feathers and little things etc on her bikini that could be a foretelling of her actually being Native American...
tenor.gif

Lmao please no, It would be awesome to get an actual Native American girl but not Luna...she really doesn't look native american, She has platinum blonde hair blue/green eyes and pale skin. It would be a lost opportunity for her to be native american rather than another character later who actually looks ethnically American. ( Dark skin, Brown hair, eyes etc ) I'm still thinking she's from somewhere in Europe though. Still like her and think she looks cool but I just think it would be strange If that's where she was her background.

Last edited:

Xerampelinae

I think you might be reading too much into the feathers, and they are just accoutrements. A native character would be cool but this game is for a Japanese audience only so we won’t see it. Unless there is Japanese outcry about the missing girls, they probably won’t add them either sadly. I honestly have no idea how they feel on the subject though.

She looks really cute. Her poses make her seem like she is going to be an idol type girl though... so maybe lucky Chloe ish where she isn’t Japanese but is essentially Japanese. It would be cool if she were Australian or a New Zealander though.

Jadeinchains

I think you might be reading too much into the feathers, and they are just accoutrements. A native character would be cool but this game is for a Japanese audience only so we won’t see it. Unless there is Japanese outcry about the missing girls, they probably won’t add them either sadly. I honestly have no idea how they feel on the subject though.

She looks really cute. Her poses make her seem like she is going to be an idol type girl though... so maybe lucky Chloe ish where she isn’t Japanese but is essentially Japanese. It would be cool if she were Australian or a New Zealander though.

Lol probably, I hope so too. :p Since she doesn't really look the part. And yeah... :( Sadly like you say since It's really for the Japanese audience it's going to mostly go for what they like...Which is apparently not the missing girls...I hope at least there's a certain amount of Japanese fans who are asking for the girls who are missing but I really don't know.

And yeah she looks cool, I was happy to see that it turned out that the character was in fact a new character to the DOA series and not a guest character. I actually hadn't thought of a place like New Zealand or Australia but that would be cool.

otnesse

I've heard of more than a few Japanese fans complain about the whole missing girls thing, so they're definitely out there. Besides, I know that Tina and Leifang at least have a pretty huge Japanese fanbase considering they've got a lot of merchandising there, so those two at least have a chance.

Plus, I wouldn't really discount the possibility of them not doing "native" characters. Don't forget that Luna's name implies she originated outside Japan or even the whole of Asia.

Lol probably, I hope so too. :p Since she doesn't really look the part. And yeah... :( Sadly like you say since It's really for the Japanese audience it's going to mostly go for what they like...Which is apparently not the missing girls...I hope at least there's a certain amount of Japanese fans who are asking for the girls who are missing but I really don't know.

And yeah she looks cool, I was happy to see that it turned out that the character was in fact a new character to the DOA series and not a guest character. I actually hadn't thought of a place like New Zealand or Australia but that would be cool.

Like I said, Tina and Leifang at least do have enough Japanese fans to have Japanese only merchandise dedicated to them. And since Luna's more likely to not be Asian, let alone Japanese, I'd assume they're going to branch out.

Last edited:

MeadowSpirit

I find it very difficult to get the 2nd episode of this event. 50,000,000 points in 1 week? I can only manage to get 10,000,000. Whew!

But good thing I got Kasumi's Martini. :D

Very nice! I really appreciate you folks grinding for the sexy swimsuits/gravures and posting them here. I spent over 80 hours grinding for stuff in DOAX3, which is in the same ballpark as the amount of time I've put into DOA5LR, The Division, Nioh, and Horizon Zero Dawn - all much, MUCH deeper games than DOAX3. The thought of starting again from scratch in DOAX VV makes me ill. I just can't do it.

Jackie Chan Fan

Very nice! I really appreciate you folks grinding for the sexy swimsuits/gravures and posting them here. I spent over 80 hours grinding for stuff in DOAX3, which is in the same ballpark as the amount of time I've put into DOA5LR, The Division, Nioh, and Horizon Zero Dawn - all much, MUCH deeper games than DOAX3. The thought of starting again from scratch in DOAX VV makes me ill. I just can't do it.

Thanks. I find that DOAXVV requires less effort compared to DOAX3. Just a few clicks and I can grind for volleyball matches. Plus, I have unlocked some of my favorite girls (Kasumi, Hitomi, Ayane, and Helena) already. If I didn't, I might have a different feeling about this game. The YouTube videos also inspired me to play more and unlock stuff myself.

The only thing I want to unlock in DOAX3 is the time stop. Just a few more owner levels. I already got the Platinum too so I take it easy. Still have a lot of DLC swimsuits to gift the girls. hahaha

Cadaveri

zzz another childish looking character, I know doax is meant for Japanese audience, but this is just one after another now.. marie, honoka, the new chick who I don't even remember the name of and now Luna.

I srsly hope this isn't the new character design standard for DOA6, don't want to be hearing all the high pitch fighting screams in DOA6 nonstop :mad:

/Rant over

Last edited:

Number 13

So that makes #4 now?

First was Marie Rose for Ultimate era which understandably shattered a lot of people's previous perception of the game as a femme fatale fighter especially when the last DoA original female was Mila at the time which is in the other side of the spectrum as you can get. She naturally had her fair share of controversy but despite this she turned out to have a very positive reception. To the point that people half joke she is the new mascot now due to her largely increased presence since debut leading a new renaissance trend of moe with the DoA fandom.

Next was Honoka during Last Round era. She didn't have as much of a controversy compared to Marie Rose [Two BIG reasons why] but was almost just as popular as her. Of course Honoka is friends with Marie Rose. While Marie filled the petite gothic Lolita niche Honoka filled the busty anime moe school girl. Together Marie and Honoka became the boxart mascots of Xtreme due to popularity over rest of females, Got in a Senran Kagura spinoff to join Ayane, and got in a KT all stars warriors game to join 3/4 of the main ninjas on top of head.

3rd was relatively recently with Misaki for Xtreme 3. Another young moe girl. Hybrid of MR and Honoka body size wise since she is not quite as busty as Honoka but more then MR. Fills the niche as the SI's personal assistant/secretary moe waifu. Not much more to say. At this point any controversy potential is dulled because MR and Honoka already exist. Not sure if she was gauged for popularity yet but safe to say she would easily be top 5.

Now Luna for #4. Angle seems to be the crazy moe route niche. Visually similar to MR. At this point the controversy would be them adding a non moe at this point. Last DoA original being Nyotengu back in Ultimate? Nevermind adding in any of the cut veteran femme fatales. Another say top 5.

You can easily assume the direction DoA is going now if it wasn't obvious when MR released years ago. Femme fatale era is over your gonna see more modern anime moe females. You can argue 'it is only 4 out of X' but it can double soon based on trends.

HHH816

she looks like a final fantasy character though, wonder if square enix design her for Dissidia NT collab.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD