DOA5LR Online Beta Test for Steam, from 6/24 to 6/30.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
i didn't check the details every time, but when I looked it was always a access violation(0xc0000005) somewhere in the code.

yeah, ok ;) or pressing alt+F4
I was more thinking of a "I give up"-key "in the game"

alt+F4 just quits the game, ipconfig /release disconnects you from the internet. Might save you from losing points if the game doesn't punish you for losing internet connection.

Meddling-Monk

Previous few days have been acceptable, even managed to get a 1 connection with someone today and got a relatively acceptable match, think it was a little biased in my favour though. But all evening, the client just crashes non stop. Wazaaaaa probably noticed me drop a match or two out of the blue today. As Lily as well.

Search in Nearby or Local won't crash the client, but obviously, even using Nearby, you can be sitting there for a very long time and still not find someone. And Any will just crash like mad once it starts off crashing. Need to look up the error code and report it in at some point.

Kohlrak

i didn't check the details every time, but when I looked it was always a access violation(0xc0000005) somewhere in the code.

yeah, ok ;) or pressing alt+F4
I was more thinking of a "I give up"-key "in the game"

Yulp, memory fault. That means that it tried to either use or "surrender" resources it did not have control of. Basically, every time a program tries to use RAM, it does certain checks to make sure that program "owns" the RAM. If it does not, it results in a "protection fault" which is called "Access Violation" in windows, which comes with that same number that i'm ever so familiar with. This could mean you ran out of RAM, it could mean the connection failed (which the API then doesn't allocate certain memory) and the program tried to use the memory anyway (which it didn't own since the code didn't request ownership), or something like that. When does this happen? At the beginning of the match, at the end, in the middle, or always in the same menu?

I suggest people watch "memory usage" to see if it goes up. If it's going up with every match, that means they have a memory leak which they need to be informed of. Consoles typically have really good memory management schemes, IIRC, but windows does not (windows actually can crash from it's own memory leaks [the practice of rebooting once a week or once a day was the result of a memory leak in the windows kernel]).

C3S4RFC

I have a problem: when I find an opponent, then pressing A and the screen goes black. I only listen to the mic of the other player

WAZAAAAA

Previous few days have been acceptable, even managed to get a 1 connection with someone today and got a relatively acceptable match, think it was a little biased in my favour though. But all evening, the client just crashes non stop. Wazaaaaa probably noticed me drop a match or two out of the blue today. As Lily as well.

Search in Nearby or Local won't crash the client, but obviously, even using Nearby, you can be sitting there for a very long time and still not find someone. And Any will just crash like mad once it starts off crashing. Need to look up the error code and report it in at some point.
I noticed the same guy dropping a match twice in a row, not sure if that was you. And yes ANY on Single Match crashes so much, but not ANY on Tag I noticed, maybe the crashes have something to do with the number of people in a queue I don't fucking know.
I literally didn't find a single match on "Nearby", even when I had 2 geographically close friends 1 from France and the other from my own country Italy, nothing...

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So much god damn crashing that it has lead me to write a script so that it will auto launch the game every time I crash. I hope this is fixed by the real online launch....

Meddling-Monk

I noticed the same guy dropping a match twice in a row, not sure if that was you. And yes ANY on Single Match crashes so much, but not ANY on Tag I noticed, maybe the crashes have something to do with the number of people in a queue I don't fucking know.

Interesting on the Tag, as I've not tried it yet. As for if the dropped player was me, you'll know it's me if the character chosen was Kasumi in her Floral dress and Black Leather jacking with her Ponytail on the side. (Or her Nurse outfit if previous one already chosen). Otherwise, that was someone else.

Incidentally, I've noticed that after a while, the "Accept Challenge/Fight" button cancels the fight sometimes? Or at least it seems this way on my end, maybe the other player just cancelled all the various times, dunno. Only a restart of the client fixes this. Anyone else had this issue crop up?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
So I got like 10 crahses in a row so far guys

And on top of that I am getting slowdowns. Keep in mind I have a 4770k@ 4.2Ghz and crossfired 290's in my rig.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What stages are you getting slowdowns? Oil Rig I believe is the worst performing stage.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
It happened with one of the lorelei stages and the show with all the confetti as well as the bottom part of the oil rig. Interestingly enough the slowdowns happened before the explosions and afterwards it was fine.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hardly surprising.

Though, given that we're met with delays on basically every single release/update regarding the PC version, it would be pretty cool if we were given some complimentary DLC, again (hint: the Deception DLC still isn't available for PC, yet).

FakeSypha

I took the liberty to update the main post with the info regarding the delay on the online update.
I guess most of us saw this coming, tho. In any case, I haven't paid the game to beta test. So I'll just wait and hope for the best.

Tempest

Is anyone else getting the impression that the PC release is only getting worked on by one guy during his lunch break?

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Btw, anyone ever tried to play the game while listening to music from an external player (not the steam music player)?

I just noticed that when I listen to music (using winamp), the music volume randomly switches between loud and quiet when searching opponents in ranked mode. Though it's still fine in the menu. That doesn't occur in any other game.

WAZAAAAA

Btw, anyone ever tried to play the game while listening to music from an external player (not the steam music player)?

I just noticed that when I listen to music (using winamp), the music volume randomly switches between loud and quiet when searching opponents in ranked mode. Though it's still fine in the menu. That doesn't occur in any other game.
Nah that happens to me with USF4 too lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD