Opinion: Top Players! (And those who feel like I do...)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Also, I'd like to bring a personal experience in this matter. Like a year ago or so, I was playing DOA4 (my first experience with any DOA online). Maining a a terribad Christie. Trying to get better at the game in general. Then Awesmic showed up, and help me a lot in improving my Christie and to get a better understanding of the game in general. Then was up to me to practice and 'evolve'. I am a fail as a student because I still suck at Christie lol, but the guy showed me his ways when I didn't asked for it. If he isn't the coolest guy I've met here, I'm not sure who the hell that'd be. Thanks Awesmic xD

Excuse any grammar error, please.
Sypha, I'm still willing to help you now that I got my confidence back (and a new set of ethernet cables), but I should warn you of one main issue. My use of a mic is limited due to my actual free time on the game conflicting with the resting period for each of my current roommates. Once too often I got in a scuffle with them for being too loud (and trust me, it sucks), so I'll have to limit it to text chat or quick notes until told otherwise.

Julius Rage

So there's big money on the line here.

Out of curiosity, how is educating my enemy going to improve my chances of beating them?

This is a great point and one that I completely understand however, at some point the old guard has to pass the torch and even if it sucks, to watch people get to where we are with much less effort than we put in, it is whats best for the long term growth of the community.

"Every man for himself" is about to lead to a very sobering situation in a few short months.

Sub 50 Entrants for DOA at IPL6.

The more mother fuckers we teach and get interested in the game. . .the more you sell this as something that maybe even you believe it isn't. . . equals the more money making potential the game presents.

I like the idea of competing for 50G's in Las Vegas and I'd like to do it more than once - so if that means that YOU (Rikuto) and YOU (Lopedo) have to teach THEM (Scrubs) how to get as good as YALL (A pack of scrubs) then you should because that then allows ME (Julius Rage) to make PAPER (Money) playing this game in VEGAS (Striper Capital USA).

And when I make money I always looks out for you dumbasses and you know this!

No. Learn your own shit. Go spend hours figuring it out. Then feel free to teach this lazy community.

How about you teach Vincent how to play and he'll teach you how to look at a woman in the eyes when shes talking to you.(Mystik for example)

lopedo

Or I could just make my 50 grand with minimal competition and drop this bad game once I've made said 50 grand.... hmm.

Julius Rage

Or I could just make my 50 grand with minimal competition and drop this bad game once I've made said 50 grand.... hmm.

Hmm and then theres the very real possiblity that because of low turnout at IPL you get a murderes row bracket and you don't even sniff top 3.

Then, because you wanted to keep the scene as small as possible to benefit your personal pursuits, DOA5 gets replaced with Tekken or MK and you blew your one good chance to make 50G's - G.

Thats retarded - its like if Zoe Saldana said "Hey, Julius. We're GOING to have hook up RIGHT NOW and then I'm going to pay you to do it again on the 25th and if you play your cards right we might hook up once a month till I run out of money" and then, leading up to the 25th I sit around talking about how all I'm going to do is smash one good time and tell everyone how terrible she is in bed after the fact.

NO STUPID - YOU GET THE MONEY! YOU GET THE MONEY STUPID AND YOU DON'T STOP GETTING IT TILL IT RUNS OUT!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Hah. I think the elusive chase for the "truth" of how to play this game attracts more people than the reality at the end of the tunnel does.

Julius Rage

That's okay though because I have more than one way of making money. ;)

Donating plasma and delivering pizza offers no upward mobility.

I mean, you have to be smoking crack.

Hah. I think the elusive chase for the "truth" of how to play this game attracts more people than the reality at the end of the tunnel does.

Money is at the end of the tunnel for some.

Community/Camaraderie is at the end for most.

A realitively competitive game is there for all.

I don't care why you come, I just care that you stay and we as a community have to do a better job of retaining players - atittudes like Lopedo's don't help (Even though hes full of shit because I've seen the guy giving tips to everyone and their mom. He just wants attention.)

lopedo

I never said I won't give tips here and there. Teaching somebody the ins and outs of a game and the character they want to play though? Fuck no.

Julius Rage

I never said I won't give tips here and there. Teaching somebody the ins and outs of a game and the character they want to play though? Fuck no.
Ok that's fine but don't be a dismissive jackass when people want that.

IM not asking any of you to shove your tit in a newbies mouth and
nurture him into a offline contender but you and each and everyone
of us can be doing a better job of making this community more
accommodating.

Maybe breaking down characters shouldn't be your responsibility,
I'm Julius Rage and all I really wanna do is smoke weed and talk about how fly I am

Be more Lopedo.

Posted from my bitch'in new phone

lopedo

I don't get paid to babysit every scrub that asks me something. Nor would I want to. People need to figure their own game and style out.

Besides, I suck according to 99% of the players because I don't spend 500 dollars on a trip where I could make back .99 cents for first place.

Julius Rage

I don't get paid to babysit every scrub that asks me something. Nor would I want to. People need to figure their own game and style out.

Besides, I suck according to 99% of the players because I don't spend 500 dollars on a trip where I could make back .99 cents for first place.
99% is a sensational number as is 99 cent.

Do a better job baby sitting and all of the sudden you might be carpooling a group to an offline that you're favored to win. It will not happen over night but with time you may built something for yourself.

Try it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD