Opinion: Top Players! (And those who feel like I do...)

FakeSypha

Sypha, I'm still willing to help you now that I got my confidence back (and a new set of ethernet cables), but I should warn you of one main issue. My use of a mic is limited due to my actual free time on the game conflicting with the resting period for each of my current roommates. Once too often I got in a scuffle with them for being too loud (and trust me, it sucks), so I'll have to limit it to text chat or quick notes until told otherwise.
Don't worry about not being able to use a headset. Just a couple of fights here and there will make. It's been a while since the last time we played.

Renarism

I agree with one of the posters. I'm not a good teacher by any means however, so when someone asks me to teach them I normally will say to just play me continuously and ill explain some things a long the way. I don't give away ALL my secrets though. I've been in this community going on 11 years and no one ever taught me how to play this game. Countless hours in sparring mode and studying moves and frames got me where I'm at. However, being a "top player" I do often get a lot of requests for training and I do my best to help when I can which isn't often. . .

~Renarism

HoodsXx

So this is my take on it, for those who know me anyways. From what I read in this OP. I think some of you are misunderstanding him in terms of what he's asking of the Top players / community. What he's wanting is info on how to play the game if you're a beginner which really and truly I see like absolutely no threads on that. Yeah there are "character forums" But what does that really teach you? I know that some things are still stickied from DOA4 days like PL's spacing fundamentals, and I"m glad Emperor Cow is taking the time to make a huge tutorial video for new players coming in, but the fact that we as a community don't exactly inform others about these topics how are they going to know how to play properly? -My two cents- On the matter.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Shit posting has been cleaned up.

Loopy don't make me do my job. I actually agree with what you're saying, no need to go overboard.

Glor, your stuff would have been spared if you didn't give in and start shit posting back.

Carry on.

Virtua Mima

Shit posting has been cleaned up.

Loopy don't make me do my job. I actually agree with what you're saying, no need to go overboard.

Glor, your stuff would have been spared if you didn't give in and start shit posting back.

Carry on.
He was trying to defend his opinion, don't give him shit rikuto. Even if you don't agree with him, just don't. It doesn't have its place here even if it's coming from you

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
He was trying to defend his opinion, don't give him shit rikuto. Even if you don't agree with him, just don't. It doesn't have its place here even if it's coming from you

He only removed his posts because they were in direct responses to lopedo's offending posts. Collateral damage basically. That's all Rikuto was saying.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just nuked the hell out of this thread. If you saw what was going on before, forget about it. Keep on topic and be civil with each other or the next time there won't be any magical "Undo" button to hit because we simply won't.

Glad to see that our brothers are freed.

On a offnote, can I be pointed in the direction of a decent to good Alpha player who is willing to help me out. I have been able to play her decent enough, but besides from a few troll mirror matches I haven't been able to play against another Alpha who played her seriously. (I want to master this blob. Maybe I can be to Alpha what Rikuto is to Bayman.....shunned)

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Ok. I'm seriously tired of being quiet. Do I agree with the OP? More or less. Plenty of "top" players that are fkin useless. I have been around since doau and many of them have gotten worse. Not all but a lot. They complain players don't travel, but if we're not manny, mamba, pl...etc not only are some of us disrestpected, but wrongly labeled.

Nykko for example labeled a "online player"which I have never played him online only offline. The dude rarely ever play this game online. I only ever played him offline. I'm not a online player. I play offline every chance I get rather its a local or major tourney or casuals. We are the ones trying to build the damn cali scene offline. But we are apparently online players. There are players who help other players by spending their money who are disrespected. Do this community lack motivation/support from the top players? Yes indeed. Not all but too many.

The same people who also moans about the game like bitches all the time like their word should be law may I add.

In conclusion I hope the immature supposed HLP don't run people away from getting into doa. There are many great players who are willing to help, support and motivate you. I'm willing to help Lisa players as well as players with other characters that I may know. If you live in cali you main already have a scene near you. GGs.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Earlee, edit your post so you're not insulting people.

Never mind, did it myself.

GLoRToR

Much appreciated. I'm prone to fight back where I shouldn't :)

And yet again, I'm not asking to be spoonfed, I asked for general community support but Sorwah and I talked, and with Dawn too. They both got things coming and I'm looking to contribute.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
i can't tell who are moderators on this site.
For the record, Rikuto, Sorwah, VirtuaPai, CyberEvil, Allan Paris, and Hubbs (I think?)

Should be on the right just above the members list with their avatar and occupation on the home and forums page... when they're appearing online. It should appear as "Staff Online" or something like that.

Personally, I see it more often in the "Recent Activity" section. Could be a glitch, not sure.

Alpha is easy to play. You don't need help.

Yea, but I want to play her right, I am pretty sure if I just play her the easy route without having any other ways of playing her I am sure I will just get blown up. I know there is a lot that I can learn.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yea, but I want to play her right, I am pretty sure if I just play her the easy route without having any other ways of playing her I am sure I will just get blown up. I know there is a lot that I can learn.

I suggest going onto the Alpha-152 character board and you'll find at least one Alpha-152 player who can help you.

ErickBello

I suggest going onto the Alpha-152 character board and you'll find at least one Alpha-152 player who can help you.
Here's one. And we're trying (well Nightpup is trying to, mostly) to add info on the wiki so you can know her tools and stuff. She's fairly easy to play but she can get on situations that she can't escape and well you need to know those.

On the topic... well, nothing that already been said and caused havoc and rage against the "Top Players" and leaded on the deletion of many insulting posts.

CrimsonCJ

I'm of a couple minds on this.

On the one hand, I'm not sure all of the targets are correct. There are some people who actually have and continue to lay out characters in specific, and while the resources on the game in general can be outdated, they do exist and are searchable. And no one is under any obligation to teach everything.

On the other hand... realistically speaking, it's gotten to the point where I have had trouble endorsing the game for certain events, telling people they should get into DOA, and being enthusiastic about the prospects about the game. I try to still, and I'm still trying to make my best. But there's a definite sense that this game is facing a brick ceiling beyond anyone's ability to get past it.

But I have to say...

NEW MEMBERS! The SAME arguments you guys try to make regarding the validity of ONLINE PLAY have been MADE by the very SAME PLAYERS who you are now butting heads with.

Well, precisely. But do we, in any way, expect recently attached players to have the fortitude and the willpower not to engage a useless argument over and over? If we do, we'll be designing one prison cell for ourselves... and many like it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD