Pai combos

Timasty

CH 9K 3KPP 66P 7P+K P(whiff) 3H+K K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK still works for me at no matter what stance. Else send me a vid if it's for some reason not possible for you or I'll send one to you. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

Codemaster92163

Yeah, I don't get it. Occasionally it whiffs, other times it hits. I have no idea what's going on. I've tried a bunch of different variations, yet for some reason it sometimes just pushes them too far away. I don't know if it's a distance thing or what.

Codemaster92163

For the lightweight cast, after a NH 24T, you can use 66P > 66H+K > 4K > p > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK for a nice chunk of damage that requires only one guess. It's nice, too, in that it can condition people to counter so you can get a free 63214T for a lot of damage.

For Pai and Lei, just drop the P and use 6K > P > P > 33PK instead of a second 46H+K

Last edited:

Timasty

The idea of using double 46H+K BnBs after a 2_4T grab is seriously brilliant! The Cr. Lvl 3 SDS (after 66H+K) double 46H+K is... delicious.

Here one of mine (Superlight- / Lightweight):
2_4T (dash) P+K 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK Dmg: NH 76 / CH 95 / HCH 113
P+K is holdable, but the rest isn't at SE fastest.

Codemaster92163

Got one for midweights, too. 66P > P+K > 3K+H > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK.

I guess it's pretty nice because her stun resets usually end in either NH throws or CH attack, so we can squeeze as much damage as possible out of them with only one guess.

Also, to make matters even better, if you use 66P as the starting stun, you can also use a different lightweight combo.

66P > P+K > 3H+K > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK

So, this means the opponent has a 1/3 chance of guessing right, where they'll get minimal damage since counters in stun do quite a bit less. Pai, however, has a technically higher chance rate than even 2/3, since she would have a mid kick and mid punch follow up, plus a throw follow up, and even then, she can just wait for the opponent to counter then punish them on reaction with whatever she wants, or just get a P+K FT if they do nothing and simply fall to the ground.

Although it should be noted that if the opponent counters when using 66H+K, you either have to slightly delay the 4K for the second 46H+K to connect, or just drop the second 46H+K and opt for 6K > P > P > 33PK. You're only sacrificing 6 points of damage that way, and it'll always work. But again, slightly delaying the 4K works just the same.

Timasty

The fun part is... all of her grabs & holds work the same as her 2_4T: They all keep a specific stance (which is awesome!). 46T for example always leads to an open stands. Got a good one for that grab too (Superlight - Welterweight):

46T 6P 64P P+K 66H+K [BT]4K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (SE fastest-able ; Dmg: NH 121 / CH 126 / HCH 131)
(Welter, use [BT]4K 46H+K 9K P P 33PK instead ; Dmg: NH 111 / CH 116 / HCH 121)

Here just quickly the list of stances after a pressure grab / hold:

7H (punch) : closed
4H (punch) : closed
7H (kick) : open
6H (kick) : closed
1H (kick) : open

46T or 46T 6P : open
64T P 6P : open
64T PP : closed
64T 9K : closed
64T 6P : open
2_4T : closed
3T : opposite of 64T
3T 2P P : open
33T P (whiff) : same as 3T
33T 2P+K / turn around : same as 64T

Pai just can't get any more complicated & confusing... I love it!

Last edited:

synce

Interesting observation about throws switching stances, although you may still have to worry about maintaining a stance without getting predictable... Man if there's one thing I wish DOA hadn't copied from VF it's stance based combos

Timasty

It's maybe not as good as all the other double 46H+K after a 2_4T 66P setups, but it's not that bad:

(Superlightweight only):
2_4T 66P H+K [BT]4K 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 82)

(Med - Heavyweight):
2_4T 66P 64P/9K/33P 1P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (64P Dmg: 80 / CH 100 / HCH only 64P possible 120)
Note: short pause if using 64P before using 1P

Timasty

Got one for midweights, too. 66P > P+K > 3K+H > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK.

I guess it's pretty nice because her stun resets usually end in either NH throws or CH attack, so we can squeeze as much damage as possible out of them with only one guess.

Also, to make matters even better, if you use 66P as the starting stun, you can also use a different lightweight combo.

66P > P+K > 3H+K > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK

So, this means the opponent has a 1/3 chance of guessing right, where they'll get minimal damage since counters in stun do quite a bit less. Pai, however, has a technically higher chance rate than even 2/3, since she would have a mid kick and mid punch follow up, plus a throw follow up, and even then, she can just wait for the opponent to counter then punish them on reaction with whatever she wants, or just get a P+K FT if they do nothing and simply fall to the ground.

Although it should be noted that if the opponent counters when using 66H+K, you either have to slightly delay the 4K for the second 46H+K to connect, or just drop the second 46H+K and opt for 6K > P > P > 33PK. You're only sacrificing 6 points of damage that way, and it'll always work. But again, slightly delaying the 4K works just the same.

2_4T 66P is just such an amazing setup. I need to use it aswell. I ususally use 46P+K, but since 66P has the same effect & +1 more damage... it's better. And I don't have to worry about the double 46H+K combos since 66P puts you so close to your opponent. Thanks for sharing!

Oh and about the slight delay if your opponent counters when using 66H+K. The delay is not even necessary if you use 6_P instead of P: 66H+K [BT]4K 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK. Even works if your opponent doesn't hold.

Now for Cruiser - Superheavyweight it's a bit more complicated with the double 46H+K:

Cruiser - Heavy:
2_4T 66P (66, to switch stance [opponent must hold!]) P+K 2_3P+K (6_)P (6_)P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
(Dmg: 88 / CH 110)
2_4T 46K (dash, don't switch stance) P+K 2_3P+K (6_)P (6_)P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
(Dmg: 83 / CH 104 / HCH 124) SE fastest-able!

Superheavyweight:
2_4T 66P (66, to switch stance [opponent must hold!]) P+K 2_3P+K 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
(Dmg: 84 / CH 105)
2_4T 46K (dash, don't switch stance) P+K 2_3P+K 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
(Dmg: 79 / CH 99 / HCH 118) SE fastest-able!

Since Cruiser - Superheavy double 46H+K combo does only work in open stance, you cannot use the 2_4T 66P as a setup. Instead, 46K works fine. 46K does not switch stances (so there is some sort of use to that move!) compared to all the other possibilities after 2_4T. 66P, 46P+K & 4K... they all switch stances.

But here's the fun part. Cruiser - Superheavyweight double 46H+K combo only works while in open stance. And since her 66P switches stances, use a CB instead (SEfastest-able though):

Cruiser - Heavy:
2_4T 66P P+K 66P 2_3P+K 6_P 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK.
(Dmg: 100 / CH 125)

Superheavy:
2_4T 66P P+K 66P 2_3P+K 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
(Dmg: 96 / CH 120)

Codemaster92163

Figured out a sweet new guaranteed combo on all super lightweights-> lightweights. It's funny - I saw that 33P+K > P > P > gave the +46 46H+K bounce back when I first started messing with the throw, but I completely forgot to use it until now, let alone test the double on it.

HCH 24T > 33P+K > 6_P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > PPP7K (104 damage)
Or, if you want the FT option, just do 33PK instead for 100 damage.

A NH version of this throw does 69 damage, 67 if you do 33PK. However, if it's on NH, I'd recommend just going for the other setups we've come up with for two reasons. One being that they do more damage (even if they can be countered), and two, the very fact that the opponent can hold out of them means we get a chance for a HCH 41236T or 24T.

So, her double bound is really, really odd in that sometimes you have to use the correct combination of 6_P and normal P for it to connect. For instance, two regular jabs don't work, and neither will two 6_Ps. This is the case with several random combos I just tested. Won't list all of them, since I don't usually bother with general combo setups (apart from 1 guess or guaranteed juggles) since all anyone is limited to is their imagination, but another similar situation is her low kick hold for lightweights.

Low kick hold > 33P+K > 6_P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK (107 dmg HCH)

But this is good. That means on Lab, you'll be netting 114 damage, almost the same amount as an Izuna Drop. If you connect it into a wall, it's 120-125. Granted that's on Lab only, but more than 1/3 of the opponent's life guaranteed on flat surfaces along with proper FT options? I mean, of course it doesn't mean you should only go for the guaranteed option, especially when her 1 guess CB nets her 135 - 163 damage (based on PL availability) but the fact that it's there is great.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

To add onto that (just a few non-guaranteed, but quick setup combos)...

Mid kick hold > P+K > 33P+K > P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > ________ ( unshakeable, first hit counterable) 94 CH, 113 HCH
Mid punch hold > 6_P > P+K > 33P+K > 6_P > 6_P > 46H+K > 46H+K > ________ (unshakeable, first two hits counterable) 107 CH, 128 HCH

For the super lightweights, the previous combos are still applicable, but for the mid punch hold juggles, the following also works.

6_P > 66H+K > 4K > 46H+K > 46H+K > __________ (unshakeable, first two hits counterable) 100 CH, 120 HCH

Last edited:

Timasty

7H Punch / Kick hold CB burst double 46H+K possibilities (excluding Featherweight):

SL = Superlightweight; NH/CH CB combo: 3H+K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
L = Lightweight; NH/CH CB combo: 3H+K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK OR 1P P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
W = Welterweight; NH/CH/HCH combo: 1P P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
M = Mediumweight; NH/CH CB combo: 3H+K 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
C = Cruiserweight; NH/CH CB combo: 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
H = Heavyweight; NH/CH CB combo: 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
SH = Superheavyweight; NH/CH CB combo: 2_3P+K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK

SL / L => HCH CB combo: 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
M / C / H => HCH CB combo: 1P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK

7H Punch Hold

NH / CH
7Hp 4P P/6P 66P => SL / L / W / M
7Hp 4P 64P/9K 66P => M / C / H / SH

HCH
7Hp 4P P 66P => M /C / H
7Hp 4P 64P 66P => SL / L

7H Kick Hold (opposite of 7H Punch Hold)

NH / CH
7Hk 4P P/6P 66P => M / C / H / SH
7Hk 4P 64P/9K 66P => SL / L / W / M
HCH
7Hk 4P P 66P => SL / L
7Hk 4P 64P 66P => M / C / H

Getting those double 46H+K combos off of a high hold is pretty worth it. Damage somewhere between 96 NH SH up to HCH SL 150.
I did not include Featherweight since double 46H+K are not easy to juggle against Alpha. It whiffs a lot.

Codemaster92163

Has anyone mentioned yet that 6_P connects on a mid punch counter, whereas her normal jab won't?

It's counterable, sure, but you can use 6_P > P+K > (CB or launch) on CH for a ton of damage.

Quick way to rack up damage, since the CH combos do around 90-110ish based on weight and if you go for the CB.

Also Tim, for the high punch counter, 4P isn't always recommended, considering it's technically blockable when people SE. Her high kick counter is a different story.

Allan Paris

I use to mess around with that launch in vanilla after her 2_4 throw. I couldn't find anything to connect after I launched with 23P+K since they nerfed 66H+K. Ya'll messed up by letting me know 6_P connects even from her mid punch hold it setups up the dumbest stuff because most people will not high hold if at all. If they low hold you can whiff the punch and land her 33T on Hi Counter.

Pai has just gotten more annoying and I didn't' think it was possible. Code, I do not know how you function with her online. I can't do anything. Oddly enough I get better results when I use Jacky online than her. I don't use his flash kick so I don't get the usual headache most Jacky players get when online.

Anyway, I like how she plays now. you don't see her offline because of the detail it takes to play her. The execution does not help either. I have a few things to add to the info on her. I am busy and I do not have the time to sit and discuss how I would like to.

Codemaster92163

I try really hard not to mess up inputs, lol. But as you've seen, it doesn't always happen as I plan xD

And yeah, 6_P is an amazing followup to her mid P counter =P I was using it all yesterday now that I figured it out, lol. Oh, and if they do low hold, P+K will still connect as well, so if you go for the 6_P > P+K setup, it'll hit regardless of them low countering.

But it's weird, until Timasty pointed out it has a slightly longer range than her normal jab, I figured it was worthless. Now that I know it's different, it's opened up a lot of combos/double bounds that I couldn't pull off before because of distance.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Here are some combos for holds to get the double 46H+K on lightweights. One of these is guaranteed, one requires one guess, the other requires two.

All super/lightweights -

Low kick hold > 33P+K > 6_P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K _____ (guaranteed)

Mid kick hold > P+K > 33P+K > P > P > 46H+K > 46H_K ________ (first hit counterable)

Mid punch hold (CH and HCH) > 6_P > P+K > 33P+K > 6_P > 6_P > 46H+K > 46H+K _____ (first two hits counterable)

Just note that the first two can be done regardless of CH status, whereas the third one won't work on a NH counter.

Last edited:

Timasty

Ima get used to hold more often lows instead of throw punishing 'em. Between 72 - 108 dmg at a low kick hold? That's amazing.
And after a mid hold being able to get a high strike is just so sweet. It's like a ver. 1.06 Pai buff.

Here an awesome two / three guess setup dealing 128 dmg (Superlight- / Lightweight):
46T 6P OR [BT] T 64PP P+K 2_3P+K P P 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK
46T 6P OR [BT] T 33P/9K/64P P P+K 2_3P+K P P 6_P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK; works just as fine, so you won't only strike high after the 46T 6P

Timasty

Delicious hold dmg:
7H(punch) 2_3P+K 6_P P P 46H+K 9K P P 33PK (Dmg: 68 / CH 86 / HCH 102) Superlight- / Lightweight
7H(kick) 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 67 / CH 84 / HCH 100) Medium- / Cruiser- / Heavyweight

Codemaster92163

The only issue with the high punch hold one is that they can SE outside of the range of 33P+K. I mean, it works on people who don't know how to do it, but otherwise it'll whiff, which sadly is usually the case since most players know to jiggle the stick, even if they're not good at it.

Timasty

The only issue with the high punch hold one is that they can SE outside of the range of 33P+K. I mean, it works on people who don't know how to do it, but otherwise it'll whiff, which sadly is usually the case since most players know to jiggle the stick, even if they're not good at it.
Oh yeah right, I forgot about SE. Just tried it out and it won't work at SE fastest. But works at SE fast (which isn't too bad).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD