Pai combos

Codemaster92163

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but on all lightweights (excluding Leifang and Pai, since they're slightly heavier), when nearing the max stun threshold, instead of trying for a CB, you can get nearly as much damage by using P+K (to get them in the red), 33P+K > P > P > P > 46H+K > 9K > P > P > 33PK.

Since SDS cause a crouching state that increases launch height, you can use the much more powerful 33P+K launch instead of 1P in addition to getting an extra jab before the rebound.

To provide the numbers, it's 7 less damage than the CB combo on NH and only 11 less on HCH, so you're sacrificing a small amount of damage in order to reduce the amount of guesses the opponent gets by 1.

Last edited:

Timasty

after 3T:
3T 6P 6_P works up to SE fast. 6P is guaranteed, 6_P is holdable and gives you a FA of +1 on block at SE fastest for some reason.

Last edited:

Timasty

46T 6P P+K (enemy blocks) gives for some reason a FA of +3. Sometimes 2+ at SE fastest. 1+ near wall.

Codemaster92163

I think that's due to the distance between you and the opponent. That's certainly a useful one, though, as you're left in a great position. You can either reset the throw after 6P, get the + whatever from a blocked P+K, or get the SDS > launch if they expect a throw.

Edit: That setup isn't working for me, though I'm using Ryu. Is it a character-specific thing?

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Found a new way to get double bounds off on the lightweights (Mila/Sarah's weightclass).

Following a 66P CB (needs to be 66P since it gets you close), use 4P+K > 4K > 46H+K > 46H+K > then whatever else you want. It doesn't do the most damage (unless you get lucky and can follow up the last bounce with P > P > PPP7K), but it will be the most damaging option on electrified floor stages.

Timasty

I think that's due to the distance between you and the opponent. That's certainly a useful one, though, as you're left in a great position. You can either reset the throw after 6P, get the + whatever from a blocked P+K, or get the SDS > launch if they expect a throw.

Edit: That setup isn't working for me, though I'm using Ryu. Is it a character-specific thing?
The 46T 6P P+K (block) +3FA against Ryu? works on all characters when I try it. Or you ment somethin' else?

synce

I'm curious, what's the highest damage you guys have been able to achieve from a lightweight CB combo on counter hit? Just straight juggling, no PL/PB/environment

Edit: Nvm looks like max is around 140

Last edited:

synce

Getting back into VF it's refreshing to see Pai doing big damage without a fuckton of guessing. Just one good hit and opponent can lose 100/240 HP regardless of weight. In hindsight it's really messed up how they nerfed 66H+K, when even WITH it she wasn't as strong as her VF self. Then again even Eileen is stronger than anyone in DOA...

Timasty

Just something real quick for Pais 2_4T grab which works best against Superlightweight characters (only neutral hit): 2_4T 66H+K 2PP6P 46H+K 9K P P 33PK (Dmg: 78). It's just a good way of getting up to a Cr. Lvl 3 with the launcher 3PP6P. And since you'll get a FA of +46 (instead of most of the times after a 46H+K +44FA) on Superlightweight, you'll be able to do some more damage after a 46H+K. Yet a double 46H+K does not work after this combo using the 2_4T, 'cause of distance.

Timasty

44KK of Pai is really good. Let me list up a few possibilities:
- 44KK 66KP P P 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 90 / CH 113 / HCH 135) Guaranteed unless they SE fastest + crouch the 66K
- 44KK 66H+K 2PPKK (Dmg: 64) Guaranteed
- 44KK P or 44KK PP or 44KK PK too keep the critical stun going for whatever reason
- 44KK 4P Stun reset, good amount of follow ups (6P / P / 64P / 9K / start a new critical stun with 66P+K / grab) ; SE fast - SE fastest 4P is holdable / +1 FA on block
- 44KK 66_K unblockable kick
- 44KK (dash) P for a low FA
- 44KK (dash) 46T / 64T / T for a BT foe grab; risky though

Last edited:

Timasty

And for those who are eager for tough PL combos including double 46H+K let me show you what I've found:

Alpha-152: 7P+K P(whiff) 3H+K K P P 46H+K 46H+K 9K P P 33PK (Dmg: 119)
Superlight - Welter: 7P+K p(whiff) 3H+K K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 112)

It's the most dmg PL you can get with her, but being able to complete this combo in any sort of match is nearly impossible.

Made a list somewhere in my house (still searching under a huge pile of paper) on which side Pai'll have to stand (stance?) in order to succeed the double 46H+K & when to use the 6_P instead of the P for these specific PL combos. Maybe I'll update it later... But I don't think anyone'll use these since it's too risky n' complicated.

Last edited:

Timasty

Rather use these no timing required PL combos:

Alpha-152: 7P+K P(whiff) 3H+K K P P 46H+K 23P+K P P 33PK (Dmg: 113)
Superlight - Welter: 7P+K P(whiff) 3H+K K P 46H+K 9K P P 33PK (Dmg: 106)
Superlight - Heavy: 7P+K P(whiff) 3H+K 3H+K P 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 106)

or those with timing required PL combos:

Alpha-152: 7P+K 7P+K 3H+K P 46H+K 9K P P 33PK (Dmg: 116)
Superlight - Superheavy: 7P+K 7P+K 64P P 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 108)

Codemaster92163

Superlight - Welter: 7P+K p(whiff) 3H+K K P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 112)

That's actually really cool. It's not as safe as the general PL combo she has in her combo training (since the perfect bound requires a completely flat surface in most instances) but on the stages where it's flat, it's definitely a cooler/more powerful alternative. Nice find.[/QUOTE]

Timasty

Now, after a throw or hold on HCH, the height for every launcher after a CB burst will get reduced to a Cr. Lvl 2. Let me list a few Cr. Lvl 2 CB combos:

2_4T (HCH) 46P+K 66P...

Featherweight: ... 2_3P+K 64P P P 46H+K 2_3P+K P P 33PK (Dmg: 95)
Superlight - & Lightweight: ... 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 9K P P 33PK (Dmg: 84)
Med - Heavyweight: ... 1P P 46H+K 2_3P+K 6KP7K (Dmg: 77)
Superheavy: ... 2_3P+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 69)

Now since your 46H+K 'll hit at the third active frame (3), you're able to do better combos such as 9K P P 33PK, 2_3P+K 6KP7K or another 46H+K (For Alpha 2_3P+K P P 33PK). In order to successfully hit with the double 46H+K you'll have to run to your opponent after the CB burst and use these combos:

2_4T (HCH) 46P+K 66P (dash) ...

Featherweight: ... 2_3P+K 64P 6_P P 46H+K 46H+K 9K P PP4PK (Dmg: 106)
Med - Heavyweight: ... 1P P 46H+K 46H+K P P P 33PK (Dmg: 86)

The cool thing about these double 46H+K CB combos is... it doesn't matter wether it's an open or closed stance! Tried all possibilities against Superlight - or Lightweight characters but I wasn't able to get a double 46H+K after the CB burst.

Last edited:

Timasty

After breakable object guaranteed double 46H+K combo:

Featherweight:
- 66H+K [BT] 4K P P 46H+K 46H+K 9K P PPP4PK (Dmg: 77 / CH 98 / HCH 117)
- P+K 2_3P+K 64P P P 46H+K 46H+K 9K P PP4PK (Dmg: 79 / CH 101 / HCH 120)
- P+K 66H+K [BT] 4K P P P 46H+K 46H+K 9K P PP4PK (Dmg: 90 / CH 114) SE fastest hold- / blockable!

Superlightweight:
- P+K 66H+K [BT] 4K 46H+K 46H+K P P PP4PK (Dmg: 76 / CH 96) SE fastest hold- / blockable!

Superlight- & Lightweight:
- P+K 2_3P+K P P 46H+K 46H+K P P PPP4K (Dmg: 73 / CH 92 / HCH 110)

She can seriously get amazing damage if used correctly

Codemaster92163

Figured out a double bound combo for midweights and all lightweights when using her PL.

Issue is, similar to the lightweight one, you have to be either in open or closed stance based on what side of the arena you're on, so keep that in mind. With that said, you'll always be facing the right direction after using 24T > 2P+K > P.

It's important to note that it will also work off of 24T > 66P > 66P. The reason being that the double 66P brings them really close to the opponent during the launch, so they're not pushed far enough away for the second 46H+K to whiff. Having stated this, it is not reliable outside of 24T, so you will be gambling damage if you use any of the double bound PL combos after natural combos outside of 24T and fail to check what stance you're in.

For midweights, it's PL > 1T (AKA the i7 low throw) > WR K > 64P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK

It does a few points less than the lightweight combo, but a few points more than the general midweight combo, plus all that extra floor damage.

For the other combo, if you so happen to be in the wrong stance, this one works as well.

The overall combo does more damage than the others, since 4K2 > P and 66P > 66P deal more damage than 2P+K > P, but the juggle itself does a little less. Again, you should only use this if you're in the wrong stance pre-PL, or if you want to use 66P >66P instead of 2P+K > P for the CB from HCH 24T.

So for all weights below mid and excluding Alpha, you can use PL > 5T > 3H+K > 64P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK.

Last edited:

Timasty

Last time I checked, the PL for Superght - Welter combo works at no matter what stance. I tried out all 8 x 3 possibilities and it worked with all of 'em perfectly fine. I obviously made a mistake myself of thinking you'll have to use 6_P instead of the normal P at certain situations. Therefore, we wont (luckely) need a second PL combo just 'cause of some stance we're in.

Oh and nice med - heavy PL combo. Looks pretty cool

Codemaster92163

That's only after her 24T. That doesn't account for a natural combo > CB. If you do the juggle outside of her 24T setup, it's not always guaranteed.

Just to show it really quick, use 9K > 3KPP > 66P then go for the PL juggle. The second kick won't connect. It's an open/closed stance issue.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD